Quotes only GNR fans understand

Everybody knows by Leonard Cohen,a great song,was the intro on the illusions tour.

the album it's from,I'm your man,is great too.

a little 80s synth heavy for modern ears,but good.

Got my dad a copy of the biography I'm Your Man for Xmas, read most of it when I was home, if you're a Cohen fan I highly recommend it.

* "Lets see what we can fuck with next" - Said on the London DVD but I swear I've heard it on a bootleg before, done in sarcastic voice.

Rock in Rio 2011

He's done it before that, 2002. I think it was pitsburg or boston.
Boston, indeed.

Something I've noticed Axl does is say "and or" in almost every sentence. It really decreases the quality of what he's trying to say:

Along with "if not".

On topic:

Dancing in hallways.

What is the origin of the dancing in hallways quote?

Apparently (I wasn't around back then) back when the album first came out (or Better first fully leaked, not sure), someone said they put Better on the PA at their school and everyone started dancing in the hallways.

• Like 1

Something I've noticed Axl does is say "and or" in almost every sentence. It really decreases the quality of what he's trying to say:

Along with "if not".

On topic:

Dancing in hallways.

What is the origin of the dancing in hallways quote?

Apparently (I wasn't around back then) back when the album first came out (or Better first fully leaked, not sure), someone said they put Better on the PA at their school and everyone started dancing in the hallways.

Haha it was just one of the leaks. Hilarious forum moment lol.

One of the funniest rants is Chicago when Axl is ranting before Live and Let die (I think) and he's about to get into a serious rant about his family..etc and the crowd are cheering...etc and Axls just like "shut the fuck up" to the crowd. Ego was in full swing. :lol:

Great thread. Always loved the following:

"We will be back next summer with a whole bunch of new songs"

"Round one"

"Yeah, cool"

"Get that guy out of here! That guy right there! Are you listening to me Mr. Security man? That guy! GONE! Yeh, going! Hand me that shirt! Hand me that shirt! Thank you"

Edited by Young_Gun

Axl has said so much shit that comes off bad.

didn't he disrespect Duff etc at Rio at the new band's first gig there?

that's not good.200 000 people and Axl feels the need to say negative things about

the group of people "that made him" along with Axl himself.

im sick and tired of Axl's negativity or delusions or cruelness.

ok,he's got childhood trauma,many does without calling your previous friend a "cancer"

on the internet.

"Who is that little pussy hiding behind that guy? Little fuckin' punk. Get that punk right behind him. Right there! That guy, the one hiding. Get him the fuck outta here! Slash, he's got a, yeah, he's got a red shirt, yeah, he goes. Get some light here we go. Okay people you guys can spit on each other, have a good night!".

:lol: