Quotes only GNR fans understand

'So there we were, snorting splenda'

Afghan Tsetse Fly :rofl-lol:

Que?

I thought you were making a reference to the Eddie Trunk interview in '06.

Baz: "...snorting splenda."

Axl: "You kind of gave it away with 'snorting.'"

Then later on in the interview Axl said he had the "quintessential Great White story."

Jack Russell had ran out of blow, so he went to the bathroom and somehow caught a fly and he cut it and half. He came back and said it was an "Afghan Tsetse Fly" and that it would get you absolutely fucked up. He pretended to snort half of it through a straw; he traded the other half of the fly for some blow. The guy he traded it to actually snorted the fly up his nose.

Oh nah it was also in one of the Hamerstein shows around the same time. Second show from memory.

'So there we were, snorting splenda'

Afghan Tsetse Fly :rofl-lol:

Que?

I thought you were making a reference to the Eddie Trunk interview in '06.

Baz: "...snorting splenda."

Axl: "You kind of gave it away with 'snorting.'"

Then later on in the interview Axl said he had the "quintessential Great White story."

Jack Russell had ran out of blow, so he went to the bathroom and somehow caught a fly and he cut it and half. He came back and said it was an "Afghan Tsetse Fly" and that it would get you absolutely fucked up. He pretended to snort half of it through a straw; he traded the other half of the fly for some blow. The guy he traded it to actually snorted the fly up his nose.

Oh nah it was also in one of the Hamerstein shows around the same time. Second show from memory.

lol, Must have been fresh in Axl's mind because those Hammerstein shows were maybe a few weeks after the Eddie Trunk interview

"cause I can sit on my ass aaaall night" hahahaha chile '92

That was a great one. The greatest Civil War performance ever!

"I don't know how many of you can understand what I'm saying or not, and I don't think that I care. If the choice is simply yours you can waste your fuckin' dinero or not. 'Cause I can sit on my ass aaaaall night! [...Slash's riff continues]" :lol:

Edited by Nosaj Thing
  • Like 1

1. I had never heard the term "cash grab" before this site.

2. I had also never heard of texting the shows songs to someone, who then relayed it via site. (before smartphones)

3. I have also never heard anyone say " _____ owes us!" in regards to a musician. That one was fucking weird, and it just became this sites anthem.

4. "nutswinger" for people who were fans of Axl, and didn't feel like no 3.

5. NuGNR

6. "Axl doesn't care about his fans. Heh, what the fuck is that?

7. calling a 50 year old guy with a 34 inch waist who plays 3 hours shows a fat ass who is out of shape.

When you think about it, NuGNR and that fat out of shape asshole sure have generated a lot of emotions even though Axl doesn't give a shit about his fans or nutswingers and only wants to cash grab even though he really owes us more.

• Like 3