March 20th, 2014 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

Black Sabbath

If Axl was jetlagged he pulled it off well. :devilshades:

With all due respect, but this is bullshit. Jet lag should not even be considered a determining factor in this case.

"With all due respect, but this is bullshit." Maybe we should start over.

Is everyone here hostile all the time?

If you are sincere, I just think the first show is more of a challenge, don't you?

Not if you rehearse.

• Like 2

Ok, I just woke up and I'm not going to write a whole review of every aspect of the concert, just a few topics.

Axl seemed in a little bit slimmer, his voice was good (not better than 2010, of course) but I really enjoyed what I heard, and he was in a great mood...smiling and joking around all the time!

About the setlist: I only realized they didn't play Rocket only when me and my buddies were going to get the car on the parking lot. It made NO difference on the show for me. And they played CATCHER! I lost my shit on that one...

Before Patience DJ got in front of me (I was on the front row, a little bit to the right) with a bottle of jagermeister and gave it to the security guy for him to pass it around the audience. I drank a shot of it (first time) and I can't believe I wasted so many years of my life without drinking this amazing thing...

Axl saw my friend's "W. Axl Rose" tattoo on her left arm and pointed at her, smiling.

All I know is that I had a blast! The only thing I don't like at all is the late start. The band started the show 1h45 late. This way you are tired as fuck when the concert starts...but well...

I recorded two videos yesterday.

Thanks for the videos and your review, Pinball Wizard, glad you enjoyed the show :)

Hopefully I won't be so much of a scrooge as I am now come the 6th of April.

You can't judge a performance, specially a vocal one, using cell phone videos as a basis. His voice was good, he hit the notes. Many press vehicles are calling it his best performance in Brazil after the golden days.

Heeeeeeere we go again...

You can't judge a performance, specially a vocal one, using cell phone videos as a basis. His voice was good, he hit the notes. Many press vehicles are calling it his best performance in Brazil after the golden days.

This!

You people are the reason why Axl doesn't have to give a shit anymore. Your mediocre standards are so low you would buy Axl's shit for $200.

Your right you can't... unless it is good :lol: If it sounds good, Axl is on fire, if it sounds bad the audio and video equipment are shit

But you can!
Were any of you guys at the gig? This guy was, says he enjoyed it and that Axl sounded good. What's your problem?

From the videos, he sounded better than he has done for the past 2-3 years. Not perfect obviously, but definitely an improvement, and I imagine he sounded really good to all the people in attendance.

The constant negativity on this forum is fucking unbearable...

I heard it was solid show from someone who actually went. The voice was strong, the crowd was

pumped the whole time, screaming until the end.

With all due respect...so what? What is that statement's relevance?

You mean fans that paid money to go see Guns N' Roses in concert were singing along with 'Sweet Child O' Mine'??? Well, I'll be damned.

With all due respect, but this is bullshit. Jet lag should not even be considered a determining factor in this case.

If you are sincere, I just think the first show is more of a challenge, don't you?

When the Stones play warm-up shows, they have the decency to charge 15 euros for them. And the rest of the band flew in earlier so they wouldn't be jetlagged.

I'm glad people who went to the show enjoyed it, though even the reviews are HTGTH are middling with faint praise at best.

When the Stones play warm-up shows, they have the decency to charge 15 euros for them. And the rest of the band flew in earlier so they wouldn't be jetlagged.

I'm glad people who went to the show enjoyed it, though even the reviews are HTGTH are middling with faint praise at best.

Even the Big Chief over there isn't really chatty.

That's telling.

Edited by D-GenerationX

That's telling.

The only thing I've seen from him so far was basically "The solos were new. :shrugs: "

:lol:

I was solid, within the boundaries of what has become reasonable to expect.

You sound like you fucked a fat chick.
He sounds like he fucked a fat chick and he's proud of it.

You two whiny bitches sound like you are a pair of fat chicks.

By all means, say something positive about the show. It'll be hilarious.

This is what i love. ppl losing their shit after seeing comments about those who where actually there enjoying the show. The same ppl was up allllll night to see how this gig goes, with high hopes of a new song or a disaster. Then complain about ppl who have high hopes.. And every time GNR is up there on the first leg of the tour is the same routine.

Then i realize i love you guys, this is the best forum in the world.

Note for those ppl please notice: GNR is on autopilot from 2011, and it's not that bad after all. You get to see them on the road. The bad thing is that they seems like there will be this way for a long time.

Edit: Gotta love those last posts ha!

Edited by Russel Nash
  • Like 1

At least I will never be mediocre enough to accept a shitty performance from Axl as "good" or "great". I'll take "whiny" instead of "delusional" any time.

Your right you can't... unless it is good :lol: If it sounds good, Axl is on fire, if it sounds bad the audio and video equipment are shit

Exactly! Funny how that works.

Exactly! Funny how that works.

Hahahahaha. True.

That's telling.

The only thing I've seen from him so far was basically "The solos were new. :shrugs: "

:lol:

Wow.

No, it's just me. But I'll rephrase 'cause, yeah, I'm sincere.

With all due respect, I disagree. Because we're not talking about some indie band. I believe Axl and Guns N' Roses have everything they need to make the first show less of a challenge. And the agents that book the band should do their best to ensure they don't have to face any complications. And since this is the first show of the tour and jet lag is such a big problem, you can always come to the city where the gig is supposed to take place a couple of days earlier.

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

You can spend the rest of your life waiting and expecting Axl to show up with a six pack, a bandanna and boxer shorts, breaking glass in the stadium with his raspy fantastic voice while rocking the amazing songs of his new album, which has just gone gold, for all I care. You can also keep going online to share your hate, and to try and cut down other people's enjoyment of Guns n Roses, searching for positive comments to reply with insults.

Meanwhile, I'll be enjoying what's left of Guns (which is decent), be glad if they release some good songs, and hope for solid performances from old man Axl, like yesterdays.

• Like 2