"The throat determines everything"...LIE.

According BBF, the setlist is determined by "the throat".
So.... why they didn't play Going Down?
Oh....wait! maybe BBF was referring to Tommy's throat
Who's fault is it? Axl.
I know that I didn't discover anything new... but, always we must hear excuses and shit about no setlist changes, and always is because "the throat" can't sing, it's sick, we are intolerants, we have no patience, we don't know how many effort does Team Brazil, BLAH BLAH BLAH.
Truth is the truth, Axl don't want (or don't have....maybe everything is a myth) play new songs.

The absence of Going down in the setlist proves it

Edited by SeBaZ

The throat does decide at the end of the day, if your voice is having a bad day you really don't want to be singing RQ or Shacklers, you have to take it easy. Axls voice is the decider no question, but his throat is not always sore...so!

To be fair they do throw in Shacklers and a few other one's every once in a while when he gives the green light.

Lets all try and cool down, they might just be warming up. we've only had the 2nd show of 2014 maybe by show 6 his voice will be a little better and we might get a surprise addition to the set

• Like 1

The throat does decide at the end of the day, if your voice is having a bad day you really don't want to be singing RQ or Shacklers, you have to take it easy. Axls voice is the decider no question, but his throat is not always sore...so!

To be fair they do throw in Shacklers and a few other one's every once in a while when he gives the green light.

Lets all try and cool down, they might just be warming up. we've only had the 2nd show of 2014 maybe by show 6 his voice will be a little better and we might get a surprise addition to the set

What about Going down? Why Tommy didn't plays it at her solo spot?

The art of Deep Throat Live, its a hard thing.

HI, I was wondering if anyone had a link to Bumblefoot's supposed quote, since the OP was too lazy to post it.

Thanks.

Live shows are all at the mercy of the singer's throat. The throat is the boss. The throat governs the singer who governs the set list. It's a fragile irreplaceable instrument and the main focus, so all has to be done to insure the longevity of the throat. That means, cutting songs and changing orders, making sure that the throat can survive a tour. It's scar being the singer when your throat isn't at 100%, I know this first-hand, ugh. I'm lead singer in my solo stuff, done too many tours with the flu where you don't know how you're gonna make it through the night, let alone the next 20 nights... so it's all about the throat :P

Link

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

her :lol:

And apparently there are other [later] versions with Axl on lead vocals. :shrugs:

Edited by RickRoses

her :lol:

And apparently there are other [later] versions with Axl on lead vocals. :shrugs:

too lazy to remember english rules :lol:

According BBF, the setlist is determined by "the throat".
So.... why they didn't play Going Down?
Oh....wait! maybe BBF was referring to Tommy's throat
Who's fault is it? Axl.
I know that I didn't discover anything new... but, always we must hear excuses and shit about no setlist changes, and always is because "the throat" can't sing, it's sick, we are intolerants, we have no patience, we don't know how many effort does Team Brazil, BLAH BLAH BLAH.
Truth is the truth, Axl don't want (or don't have....maybe everything is a myth) play new songs.

The absence of Going down in the setlist proves it

Thank god they're not playing Going Down.

Besides being an awful song, having 2 tracks sang by Tommy in the same gig would be ridiculous.

Tommy not singing Going Down instead of his new solo spot just shows how lazy, inconsiderate and fucked up this brain dead band is. I had fun in Rio and still have Sao Paulo and Curitiba to go but I have no faith in the future of this band. None at all.

When has Axl ever, EVER called an audible and taken out ANY of the staple songs they have played at EVERY show since 2001? Every single song bar Brownstone and Chinese have very high parts which he hits pretty effortlessly with falsetto so he doesn't need to. He's never said 'I don't wanna do the LALD or Heaven's Door screams tonight' or 'I don't think I can hit the end section of Sweet Child.'

Since 2001 he has struggled at one point or another with virtually every song they've played. Back in 2001-2002 he struggled really badly every night with Jungle because he couldn't find a way to sing the verses effectively using his clean voice. The same goes for Sweet Child, Paradise and others. His clean mid-range sounded so weak but he basically compensated for it with epic screams. Yes, those 30-seconds LALD screams from Pittsburgh 2002 are pretty awesome. But his voice in the verses is just weak as fuck. Same goes for Madagascar.

The only times in 2001-2014 he has clearly not played songs because he wasn't comfortable is Prostitute which he hasn't touched once since he absolutely butchered it at the first show in 2009 and the same goes for Twat.

Admittedly Twat has had a few more outings but despite doing a really great job on it at the first Hammerstein show in 2006, he didn't do it at the following three. It didn't turn up again until Madrid and he murdered it. It really is the most godawful-sounding pile of crap. And every time since then he has struggled with it.

I appreciate that those two songs are a bitch to sing but like I said, he struggled with nearly all of them at some point and with practice found a way to make them work whether clean or raspy. The fact that he spent so long working on these big guns and he can't be arsed to put in the work to present them properly live is just sad and pathetic.