"The throat determines everything"...LIE.

Why would you even want to hear a new song when it would sound like shit?

This is a valid point.Would first impression of any song be at all favorable in his current state?
They were in '01-'02, which was arguably just as bad if not worse in terms of vocals on every song that wasn't new; so I really don't see why not. :shrugs: Edited by Damn_Smooth

Tommy not singing Going Down instead of his new solo spot just shows how lazy, inconsiderate and fucked up this brain dead band is. I had fun in Rio and still have Sao Paulo and Curitiba to go but I have no faith in the future of this band. None at all.

Given that Goin Down now has lead vocals by Axl, why would they have Tommy sing it live?

Tommy not singing Going Down instead of his new solo spot just shows how lazy, inconsiderate and fucked up this brain dead band is. I had fun in Rio and still have Sao Paulo and Curitiba to go but I have no faith in the future of this band. None at all.

Given that Goin Down now has lead vocals by Axl, why would they have Tommy sing it live?
sigh.

When are you going to get tired of defending this band?

sigh.

When are you going to get tired of defending this band?

I am not defending the band. I am just asking why they would have Tommy sing a song that now contains lead vocals by Axl.

In my opinion, they absolutely SHOULD play new songs.

It's really true that Axl has lead vocals on Going Down now?? When was this said? By who?

This is a valid point.Would first impression of any song be at all favorable in his current state?
They were in '01-'02, which was arguably just as bad if not worse in terms of vocals on every song that wasn't new; so I really don't see why not. :shrugs:

Say what?

I would KILL to have Axl sounding like he did in 2002 right about now. And I fully agree that it wasn't great. But it just speaks to how grim it is now.

And if you look at the Cd songs from the December 2002 Boston show, they are fine.

:lol:

why not? really, answer me.

could be something cool. tommy on vocals, axl on backing vocals. unless you have some insider info, for what we know, going down with axl may not even exist.

They were in '01-'02, which was arguably just as bad if not worse in terms of vocals on every song that wasn't new; so I really don't see why not. :shrugs:
Say what?I would KILL to have Axl sounding like he did in 2002 right about now. And I fully agree that it wasn't great. But it just speaks to how grim it is now.And if you look at the Cd songs from the December 2002 Boston show, they are fine.
I would decinitely pass on ever hearing '01-'02 vocals ever again in my life. By far the worst Mickey that ever was imho. Every show was a disaster show back then. The only saving grace was the new songs which he put effort into, much like I believe he would if he debuted new songs now.

I would decinitely pass on ever hearing '01-'02 vocals ever again in my life. By far the worst Mickey that ever was imho. Every show was a disaster show back then. The only saving grace was the new songs which he put effort into, much like I believe he would if he debuted new songs now.

I was no fan of the clean voice, but do agree it worked on the new songs and sounded back on the classic ones.

But, that's also likely (at least in part) that we heard all those classic songs hundreds of times and could compare. We never heard and Axl in his prime try 'Street Of Dreams'.

I was no fan of the clean voice, but do agree it worked on the new songs and sounded back on the classic ones.But, that's also likely (at least in part) that we heard all those classic songs hundreds of times and could compare. We never heard and Axl in his prime try 'Street Of Dreams'.
Another reason that new songs would work now. We haven't heard them any other way.

A singer shouldn't rely too heavily on his throat. Let the diaphragm do its bit... But I don't know if you can get the rasp that way.

Anyway, here's something I found:

vjt0.png

Breaking Through: From Rock to Opera : the Basic Technique of Voice by Gloria Bennett

There are a few problems with your logic....

1. Supposedly Axl is the one who sings on the studio version of Going Down, which means he will probably play it at concerts.

2. It makes more sense to present a new song at the Golden Gods or the Residency then at a small Brazilian festival. I wouldn't count new songs out just yet.

I don't think their going to play going down because it was obviously an annoyance that it got out in the first place. Should they play it? mixed feelings, I liked it, I'd let Tommy play it as his solo spot... come on besides better it has been the only nuGnR song that has received pretty good reviews from the non-believers, why not capitalize on a success? I know why, GnR have an aversion to making people happy and being aware of good opportunities, they should have just released going down as a download when it leaked and went with it... pity!