DUFF = No new songs

Everyone is pretty excited about Duff's returning, but .... this means no new songs.

I mean, it doesn't seems likely that they present new songs, like Atlas, Check or General, without Tommy.

This is Duff vs New Songs .... make you choice. I don't remember seeing so much excitement around a bass player. :shrugs:

Btw ... welcome back home Duff :headbang:

Ummm

This means Duff playing So Fine, Raw Power (never been performed live with GNR), You're Crazy, Think About You, Out'ta Get Me etc.Plus he will play full shows with the band so he will play some CD songs too ( i think there is a possibility that a LOT of old songs will be played and less CD songs

I couldn't care less about new songs for now

This is a cool opportunity so i hope Axl is on good form in the upcsoming shows with Duff

BkFTRxQCAAERAIV.jpg

Everyone is pretty excited about Duff's returning, but .... this means no new songs.

I mean, it doesn't seems likely that they present new songs, like Atlas, Check or General, without Tommy.

This is Duff vs New Songs .... make you choice. I don't remember seeing so much excitement around a bass player. :shrugs:

Ummm

This means Duff playing So Fine, Raw Power (never been performed live with GNR), You're Crazy, Think About You, Out'ta Get Me etc.Plus he will play full shows with the band so he will play some CD songs too ( i think there is a possibility that a LOT of old songs will be played and less CD songs

I couldn't care less about new songs for now

This is a cool opportunity so i hope Axl is on good form in the upcsoming shows with Duff

... this means no new songs. Were they gonna do new songs though? Does anyone believe that- realistically? If they're not happening in SA I'd say they're certainly not popping up in the States, where an even larger chunk of the audience is there for the Golden Oldies.

a LOT of old songs will be played and less CD songs Again- this is already the norm, no? Recent (read "last 3 or 4 years") set lists seem to contain 4-5 CD songs, same number of covers, same number of solo spots/ possible oxygen tank breaks, with 13-14 pre-CD originals. Not that I've checked (but I have :) )

Edited by Rodzilla72

I really do hope that this brings some new (older) momentum to the table for Axl, like when Duff Joined him on stage in 2010. I hope that Duff and the guys start playing some rare cuts... as for Duff playing the new stuff, that's cool as hell.

At least for some dates... this band will feel a little more like 'Guns' to a certain someone :)

I don't see how Duff coming back is any different than if Axl had joined at the Rock Hall Of Fame. Yeah, I get that it was all a ploy to get him there so he didn't want them to win, but it was also a branding issue that Axl has said these guys rule and playing with older members would look bad for him. If he doesn't think people are gonna think the band is miles better with Duff than he is crazy. I just don't get what he's accomplishing by this. Clearly he knows the original band is better and now he's basically just dangling it in our face by not reuniting with all of them.

Axl speaks his principles but acts his wallet.

If he really did, he'd make a reunion tour with Slash - it'd be the ultimate cash-grabbing tour…

axl would never sing a Velvet Revolver track - at least not at this point in time - but it sure would be interesting to hear his take on a song like Dirty Little Thing (it's kind of similar to It's So Easy, vocally) or Fall to Pieces.

I want to hear what he sounds like on I Hate Everybody (But You)

#Axl'sSnakepit

All we already knew after 5 gigs in Brasil and BEFORE Duff's announcement that we wouldn't have new songs in this leg of the tour, REGARDLESS of Duff or no-Duff appearance.

How much negativity. This thread is pointless.

Edited by Todo Poderoso Timão

Fuck me songs, it's DUFF... my hunka-hunka-burnin'-love. *squeeeeeeeeeee*

Edit: Axl would kick the shit out of Fall To Pieces. It would be amazing. All without the half-naked ass shimmying that Weiland was so fond of.

Edited by DangerousCurves

Axl would sound great on a lot of Velvet Revolver's stuff, Slash would sound great on Democracy stuff, Duff'd probably have had a lot more presence than Stinson, I can barely discern the bass except on TWAT, Street of Dreams and Shackler's.