Tommy comments on his temporary departure

Guest NGOG

Does Tommy Stinson really want to get in the studio and make a record, or is he just saying that in an attempt to make people shut up?

Who exactly would Tommy be trying to shut up? It's honestly quite delusional of you to think that Tommy would say something in order to appease GNR forums.

They haven't got in the studio, and Tommy wants to. Bumblefoot wants to. Dj wants to. Richard wants to. The band, with the exception of maybe Chris Pit(t)man (who just tends to cupcake in the most legendary of ways), want to do a record.

Does Tommy Stinson really want to get in the studio and make a record, or is he just saying that in an attempt to make people shut up?

Hard to tell, he's been saying since 2011 so I guess he does.

Only one man is holding the guys back from writing and we all know who that is. Those guys could cook up an album in 2 months of solid pre-production, Axl definitely has the piano ballads ready and nutered so there's the album... it's about 6months in the studio and a further 3-4 sorting deals etc. there's your album in stores on the front cover of every music mag, guitar mag and on late night tv shows... sounds very difficult doesn't it. Any manager worth there fee should be able to work out what Guns next move is... and No! it's not MORE TOURING!

It's confirmed Tommy will be back for the US dates in May and June.

Stinson, who will be back in the GNR bass saddle on May 13 in Bethlehem, Pa.

Ali

What about the 4/23 show in LA? Is Duff filling in for Tommy as well?

Duff's tweet didn't mention anything about performing with GNR beyond South America.

That said, you could understand if Axl was interesting in having Duff present at the Award show. It would almost be like his own version of the Induction ceremony. :lol:

Who exactly would Tommy be trying to shut up? It's honestly quite delusional of you to think that Tommy would say something in order to appease GNR forums.

They haven't got in the studio, and Tommy wants to. Bumblefoot wants to. Dj wants to. Richard wants to. The band, with the exception of maybe Chris Pit(t)man (who just tends to cupcake in the most legendary of ways), want to do a record.

You know, I can't remember what I was thinking when I said that. It was only like twenty minutes ago, but I for the life of me can't recall what the process was that made me think "Oh, he just wants people to quit harassing him and the guys about an album!" Just a delusional, or more likely idiot, moment on my part. Sorry about that.

Anyways, looks like Duff might be there for when Axl recieves that award, unless the writer of the article made a mistake. Any chance of both Duff and Tommy being there?

Edited by Nulla Lex Ink.

It's confirmed Tommy will be back for the US dates in May and June.

Stinson, who will be back in the GNR bass saddle on May 13 in Bethlehem, Pa.

Ali

Does it mean that Duff's playing with Guns in LA on April 23?

I guess i'm curious about this as well.....

Instead of making Duff learn the 4 duds no one would give a shit if went missing (especially just for 5 shows), it'd be cooler to bring back a deep cut from the '87-'91 heyday. Bad Obsession? Dead Horse? Pretty Tied up? Yesterdays? All songs that are relatively easy for Axl to sing. Ya got one of the actual co creators of the nostalgia up there, why not make the most of it instead of beating a dead horse?

But I guess that would be asking Axl to give one too many fucks. Tis a shame this will probably end up a wasted opportunity.

Edited by Bobbo

Instead of making Duff learn the 4 duds no one would give a shit if went missing (especially just for 5 shows), it'd be cooler to bring back a deep cut from the '87-'91 heyday. Bad Obsession? Dead Horse? Pretty Tied up? Yesterdays? All songs that are relatively easy for Axl to sing. Ya got one of the actual co creators of the nostalgia up there, why not make the most of it instead of beating a dead horse?

But I guess that would be asking Axl to give one too many fucks. Tis a shame this will probably end up a wasted opportunity.

I never understand why people think yesterday's is easy?? The album he sounds pretty fuking raspy in lk this mid range and when I've heard it live it sounds really raspy especially on the long screaming yesterday's.. Maybe I'm wrong idk to my ears he won't do it justice without some harsh vocals

• Like 1

I think this signals the end of Axl trying to legitimize modern Guns.

If anything, this is the strongest "legitimizer" of modern Guns yet. And it's come in the most ironic of places.

Despite being regarded as the "weakest" of the new line-ups (here), one of the Appetite 5 has agreed to become part of it (albeit temporarily). There was once a time when old members were satirically dressing up as members of modern Guns, now you could describe one as being a member of modern Guns.

I was more referring to the casual fans' reaction. But I see what you're saying.

I think this signals the end of Axl trying to legitimize modern Guns.

If anything, this is the strongest "legitimizer" of modern Guns yet. And it's come in the most ironic of places.

Despite being regarded as the "weakest" of the new line-ups (here), one of the Appetite 5 has agreed to become part of it (albeit temporarily). There was once a time when old members were satirically dressing up as members of modern Guns, now you could describe one as being a member of modern Guns.

So, bringing back an old member legitimizes the new lineup? Wow.

Exactly.. I thought Axl wanted to move Guns into the future. LOL yeh...

Edited by Young_Gun
  • Like 1

How convenient and pleasant it is for Duff to fill in for his replacement, while his replacement is playing for The Replacements

1201.gif

That joke's almost as funny now as it was when I posted a far better worded version of it two days ago.

Oh ok

You upset?

• Like 1

Are there after parties happening in Brazil and if so, how likely will it be that Duff would attend? Or is he going to be as obscure as Axl for those? I doubt he'd do the meet & greet as it would be unfair to the current members as much as the fans would want Duff to be there.