SLASH featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators Tour 2014 / 2015

batman007

First US date announced for 2015: Slash Tour 2015: April 25th Earthday Birthday Festival, Central Florida Fairgrounds, Orlando FL - USA ;)

Alter Bridge played that festival, this year. They were the headliners and only got a little over 1 hour to play.

That's probably going to be what Slash and the guys are going to get. Maybe 75 min?

Edited by Anguyen92

Slash - Phones 4u Arena, Manchester

Hi there,

Quick update about your event!

The shows coming up soon, so the venue have been in touch to let us know that security will be performing full pat downs before Friday's show.

Oh, I'm not looking forward to that.

The same thing happened to me when I saw GN'R in Liverpool.

My email said that the show starts at 7pm (It says 7:30pm on my ticket).

Do you think TwentyTwoHundred will be on at 7pm, California Breed on at 8pm and Slash on at 9pm?

Hi there,

The shows coming up soon, so the venue have been in touch to let us know that security will be performing full pat downs before Friday's show.

Do you think TwentyTwoHundred will be on at 7pm, California Breed on at 8pm and Slash on at 9pm?

Are they allowing cameras in? I am going to the leeds show saturday night.

Hi there,

7-730. 745-830. Slash at 9. That's how i believe it will work

Finally got around to watching Double Talkin' Jive.

Its probably one of my top 5 LEAST favorite songs from Use Your Illusion...

And they fucking killed it. Excellent performance. I would have gone nuts had I been there. Slash played GREAT and Myles had such great confidence and swagger with it. I know that may sound funny since people usually criticize him for that, and I do too sometimes. But he went about this one differently than he usually does, especially with a song premiere, which he usually clams up for. I'd prefer this doesn't replace You Could Be Mine, but I'd have no faults at all about this staying in the set.

I can't remember if I personally got pat down when they came here in SoCal in August. Emptied my pockets, the security guy had their hand-held metal detector on me, they found something, it was only coins that I forgot to empty. No harm, no foul.

Edited by Anguyen92

Huh? https://www.facebook.com/musicwebbcouk/posts/396053743891431

"Just received an email from Wembley Arena to tell me that we have to get there early on Tuesday when Slash is playing, as the artist has instructed everyone is patted down. Better to be safe than sorry, eh?"

Huh, I haven't gotten any such email...

Got patted down when I saw Slash at Brixton Academy in 2012, but they always pat everyone down at that venue.

I agree with a lot of what you've said, but do you honestly believe that with a more open approach to writing and recording, and maybe with other musicians helping him to come up with let's face it, better songs, he can't get much closer to the quality of what he did in the past? I think he's really into what he's doing now, and I hear an improvement over the last album with WOF, but if I'm really harsh, I can say it's a waste of time for someone like Slash to send out fully formed ideas to other band members to write the drums, bass, vocal, and lyrics on top of it.

Why is that? cause Slash is not a songwriter, and Slash is not a natural band leader, and his greatest talents are his riffs, melodies, leads and solos. He doesn't give the freedom to other band members to fully inject themselves into his ideas, and his ideas do not stray too far from how they were conceived in his head. So it's not really the vision of the band, it's his vision without the crucial element he always needed to come up with really great shit.

His solos probably improved a lot just cause he let Elvis push him to invest more time and effort. His ideal way of working is not ideal for the material.

One of the first things you say there is there's been an improvement from AL to WOF, that's progress. Surely that's a sing that things are going in the right direction, or at least a positive one. However, I seriously doubt he creates in a vacuum. Nobody knows better than Slash what being dictated to does to a band. Besides Myles and Todd are both writers, it's very likely they have had more of an influence now, which I suppose would account for the improvement we were talking about. I think he does give the other band members a good degree of freedom to inject themselves into the material to be honest.

But it's a balance, on GNR he was on the other side of things, like Jeff Beck contributing to other people's ideas, and adding his own now and then, on Snakepit it was more of him, on VR it was much more of a compromise split 5 ways, first solo album was all him except vocals, AL was more collaborative, and I'd say this one was probably a more even split than the last one was. His solos have improved a lot because he's worked on playing better, not necessarily because of any one producer, because whether it's Nothing To Say, Anastasia, or Beneath The Savage Sun, you can tell he's going for it, and there's more of it for him to aim for than there was before.

Good points. I think one thing that prevents me from being totally satisfied with Slash's efforts in recent years is that even though Myles, Todd, and Brent were a part of the artistic process, and the outcome is a good album imo, it still shares the same problem with AL and even his first solo album: it sounds like Slash came up with a riff and then everything else was tacked on it or taken a back sit to what he's doing and it's mainly there to serve the main purpose which is to highlight his amazing playing.

It's been a problem since Snakepit. It was less of an issue for everything but Slash's guitars in VR. It actually had a major flaw in that there wasn't enough Slash there. So that balance is very important, and when he tried to give more control to Scott with Libertad, it was a disaster cause Scott doesn't really do the type of hard rock Slash wants to create imo. but it goes both ways, and Slash is not the kind of guitar player that sounds the best when you build everything, the songs around his strengths. It's when you use Slash and his expressive way of playing to take the song higher, and it has to stand on it's own first and to perfectly mesh with Slash's initial ideas and fully mix with them in the writing process to create a song that is a shared vision of all involved.

Why not at least let Myles come up with ideas first as well, and not always be the one that brings song ideas to the table? if Myles is the right man for this job, then let's hear what they really sound like together. Myles can totally do that in Alter Bridge. I don't understand why not. Now, that they had the time to establish their musical bond, the next album should, imo, reflect them even more as a band. If there is good writing chemistry there, there is no reason it won't click, so why not at least try is what I'm saying.

I hear what you mean working on Myles' Idea's but that may tie into the arrangement with alterbridge and his splitting time. I guess the best indication would be if Myles ever puts out his solo album, as slash mentioned he plays on it.

Can't wait to hear it, how it sounds and how Slash sounds on it as well. I just think an all acoustic album with no hard rock/metal-ish material can't help me understand what a real hard rock record will sound like with more artistic freedom given to Myles.

I think there is a good chance Slash will give him a little more freedom on the next one cause it looks like he really trusts him as a musician and they're friends, which is great, but I want something like Blackbird for example: doesn't have to be in the same style obviously, and I'm not expecting Myles to do a solo, but Myles should be given the chance imo to bring in his own ideas cause who knows what can come of it. Maybe things that will inspire Slash in new ways. (Brent and Todd are great musicians, my guess is they can do more as well)

Btw, I'm not saying Myles's solo album is not as good of a collaboration with Slash potentially (even if he probably just played on one or a few songs) as Slash's albums, it's just that Slash's main thing is hard rock and I want to know what a hard rock Slash and Myles album sounds like with more freedom given to Myles to really express himself like he did in Alter Bridge and other projects, and not just work within the boundaries of Slash's vision.

Having said that, World On Fire showed Myles can do cool stuff that I didn't think he could do with Slash when it comes to hard rock.

Wicked Stone is especially convincing to me, and Myles said he had a bunch of different ideas for the chorus and it changed multiple times. So...maybe that's a good way of doing it: Slash can give Myles a more central role cause it could do wonders for the material, and Slash can always reject it, but only after really going for it as a band, which I hope will happen.

I still can't relate to most of his lyrics though, and I'm not a fan of his voice when he screams, but on some songs I'm on board, and my guess is the next Conspirators album will be even better.

Even though I prefer Scott as a singer, I think Myles is better suited to what Slash is trying to do. (can't believe I just said that)

Personally I'd like to hear more of Myles ideas as well but who knows, maybe he keeps those for alterbridge since it's more his band, maybe it's time constraints on Myles, maybe it's gotta be all slash. What I'd really like to hear is a album written by Slash, myles and izzy.

• Like 1

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Well, that really sucks for their Europe fans. Their US shows finally has that decent balance in # of songs between the four albums whereas in the 1st Europe tour, it was pretty much a bit too lop-sided with the Blackbird album.

Personally I'd like to hear more of Myles ideas as well but who knows, maybe he keeps those for alterbridge since it's more his band, maybe it's time constraints on Myles, maybe it's gotta be all slash. What I'd really like to hear is a album written by Slash, myles and izzy.

It's interesting. I'm currently watching the documentary of how AB's Fortress album came to be and Mark and Myles stated that they do not come to the table with complete songs, but rather ideas that they had come up with on tours, and they play their best ideas to each other and work from there, whereas with Slash and Myles, it's mainly Slash with a full idea (right?), Myles to fill in the blanks and try to do his best to make it work and maybe add additional arrangements.

Edited by Anguyen92

In the arena. Most of the top seated section is curtained off.

sure that's a big arena !

Probably due to the Leeds show an hour away. Its filling up now. Are you at the show tonight?

I'm not at the show but some of my friends and people of the Slash France team are there ;)