SLASH featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators Tour 2014 / 2015

batman007

What did they replace it with?

Godfather

As much as I love RQ... I'm completely fine with this swap out :P

The Godfather actually bores me these days..

The solo in Rocket Queen is different every time and I love it. There may be a couple people here that cry about it but most of us like it and the crowd eats it up every time.. I have been lucky enough to see it a couple times now but I really want the people I am going with to get the chance to see it at Hampton.

He's using different amps live now than he did then, they 800 is voiced quite differently from the Jubilee. His guitars have more or less stayed the same. His pedals have changed quite a bit too. I also don't think he started using V30's until VR (could be wrong on that).

I always thought his sound changed because of the amps, but I'm an ignorant when it comes to guitars so... I don't know.

Back And Forth Again just came on my shuffle, that would be so fucking cool if pulled out something like that. C'mon why no more deep cut Snakepit?

From what I have seen at the shows I have attended, the Snakepit stuff always falls flat with the audience.. With the exception of Beggars..

Agreed about the Snakepit stuff. I had a long convo last time with their bassist saying "c'mon ban that fn' SCOM and put more Illusion stuff...."
people asked for more Snakepit last time in France so Slash decided to play "Mean Bone"! I love the song but we want more deep cuts !!!!

Agreed on "Back And Forth Again". Killer song, My favorite Slash's guitar solo too. ;)

ban that fn' SCOM

People would riot, man :lol:

Hell, I've seen him 5 times now and even I'd be a little disappointed if he didn't play it :lol:

SCOM I enjoy much more with Slash's band than Axl's.

Agree 100 percent.. I love that Slash is embracing those old GnR hits and SCOM is my favorite guitar solo of all time. The crowd loves it too.

Snakepit is still my favorite solo Slash material. Both those albums are excellent from Take It Away to Dime Store Rock to Landslide to Life's Sweet Drug to Neither Can I to What Do You Want To Be. That stuff is amazing. But it was obvious from the start if anyway was gonna go to the wayside, it would be that, as it unfortunately has. You can't really defend it staying in either. I mean, they are great songs, but they aren't new and Slash2Baz is right that most of the audience just generally doesn't care about them. He HAS to keep GNR stuff in (drop SCOM? Come on) and the rest of the set is basically all his recent solo albums with 1 constant VR song. There's just no room for it in the set, as sad as it is and there's a much stronger argument to keep it out than to satisfy the 3 people a show that go hoping to hear that material.

• Like 1

Snakepit is still my favorite solo Slash material. Both those albums are excellent from Take It Away to Dime Store Rock to Landslide to Life's Sweet Drug to Neither Can I to What Do You Want To Be. That stuff is amazing. But it was obvious from the start if anyway was gonna go to the wayside, it would be that, as it unfortunately has. You can't really defend it staying in either. I mean, they are great songs, but they aren't new and Slash2Baz is right that most of the audience just generally doesn't care about them. He HAS to keep GNR stuff in (drop SCOM? Come on) and the rest of the set is basically all his recent solo albums with 1 constant VR song. There's just no room for it in the set, as sad as it is and there's a much stronger argument to keep it out than to satisfy the 3 people a show that go hoping to hear that material.

Yeah, it's not easy to satisfy everyone unless he starts to play 3 hour gigs LOL.

The amount of GNR songs are totally ok and I don't want him to change them. They are perfect selected. Maybe he could rotate Dust N Bones and 14 Years in, in some point, but I don't think this will ever happen. I'm happy enough that I've heard him playing Civil War live.

From the Snakepit stuff it would be worth to have 3 songs of each album in the set. Not always the same songs, he could choose.

Neither Can I, Dime Store Rock, Some City Ward, Beggars, Back And Forth maybe Jizz Da Pit from I5OCSW.

Just Like Anything, Been There Lately, Back To The Moment, Serial Killer, ALG, Speed Parade from the 2nd one.

At least 3 stable VR songs: Sucker Train Blues, Fall To Peaces, Slither and Dirty Little Thing, Set Me Free, Lovin The Alien as rotating tunes.

Ghost, Back From Cali, By The Sword, Dr Alibi, Nothing To Say, Starlight and Watch This from the self titeld.

Halo, Anastasia, Not for me

WOF, Wicked Stone, 30 Years, Bent To Fly, Too Far Gone, Beneath, Safari, Unholy

Again, that's my personal preference and I get that it's not possible to have such a long setlist and most of the people maybe don't even know the Snakepit stuff. Furthermore he wants to move forward. He has to play some keysongs but prefers the more recent stuff because it's his band's stuff what is totally understandable.

What I made here could be a Best Of. Still, I don't get there are people pretending Slash has not recorded something great post Guns :D

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

Safari Inn AND Godfather theme?! http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/slash-feat-myles-kennedy-and-the-conspirators/2015/auditorio-banamex-monterrey-mexico-43cb07fb.html

I think that's pretty cool but I could see some people getting restless. Still, together they're still probably shorter than the Rocket Queen solo :P

Safari Inn is a cool little album track but I can see it being boring live.. Kind of like Watch This... The Godfather is cool once in awhile... Rocket Queen just works for me though and people always seem to dig it. The 30 minute one may have been a bit much (although I loved it) but 12 - 15 minutes is awesome.. He always starts off with a little sloppy noodling until he finds his groove.. People may be a little restless at that point but you can hear people getting more and more into it as he tightens it up, finds his groove and starts going off like a mad man.. By the end people cheering and whistling. Then when he grabs that slide and start morphing back into the song it is pure magic.. Works for me every time! I just hope he plays it at Hampton for me and the people I am going with.

About the SCOM out of the set, i was kidding guys, i told that and Todd replied "well tbh when i see KISS i hate when they play 'I was made...' but now that's ok, it's a part of the show!"

Regarding the guitar solo, he should just do an extended version of Double Talking jive ! You know he has the fn' GUILD doubleneck, he could play both parts unplugged / electric !

Safari Inn AND Godfather theme?! http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/slash-feat-myles-kennedy-and-the-conspirators/2015/auditorio-banamex-monterrey-mexico-43cb07fb.html

I think that's pretty cool but I could see some people getting restless. Still, together they're still probably shorter than the Rocket Queen solo :P

Anyone have a video?

About the SCOM out of the set, i was kidding guys, i told that and Todd replied "well tbh when i see KISS i hate when they play 'I was made...' but now that's ok, it's a part of the show!"

Regarding the guitar solo, he should just do an extended version of Double Talking jive ! You know he has the fn' GUILD doubleneck, he could play both parts unplugged / electric !

I thought the Double Talkin Jive extended solo works great. The extended intro as well! He can do DTJ and Rocket Queen.. This is fucking Slash we are talking about. There are alot of people that want to see him go off. He is one of the greatest guitarists of all time. That is one thing that was missing from Velvet Revolver. Slash couldn't be Slash.. There were songs with no solos and there were no real solos and extended jams from Slash during the live shows.. Maybe at the end they did a couple of blues jams but that was about it.

That Back From Cali sounded different and fucking awesome!

Todd sounded great on Out Ta Get me.. Love that f'n song

Edited by Tom-Ass