SLASH featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators Tour 2014 / 2015

batman007

Fuck, i've just learnt that the Conspirators will start early stage of pre-production for their new album just before the US tour this month ! :wow:

These guys can't just stop and have a break ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hopefully Slash is going to perform little parts of the new songs during the US tour.

Some details about DTJ on this leg, the band added a short jam before the song like the old days!

Now Slash just needs to bring back the extended acoustic outro, that's what Godzilla's for!

That outro was just amazing even without the acoustic.

Fuck, i've just learnt that the Conspirators will start early stage of pre-production for their new album just before the US tour this month ! :wow:

are you fucking kidding me? Not even a proper US tour before they start pre prod? :lol:

After this i have ZERO hope for a not so mediocre album songwriting wise... y'know developing their songs etc.

I mean WOF was great musically, but lyrically sucked ass (as the rest of Myles's career)

Jesus, Axl can't put out new music regularly, Slash can't put out developed albums....

Edited by Strange Broue

I mean WOF was great musically, but lyrically sucked ass (as the rest of Myles's career)

You can give Myles 15 years to write lyrics for a single song and he would still use the words "there's nothing left to [insert whatever the song is about here]." He's not a great lyricist, I listen to Slash's albums for Slash anyway.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if you'll hear new guitar riffs/licks during the upcoming gigs; you never know !

This is just early stage of pre production like they did during the AL Tour.
2016 will be an AB year and the guys will record in between AB dates.

You can expect for a new Slash album in 2017 ! :headbang:

• Like 1

Jesus, Axl can't put out new music regularly, Slash can't put out developed albums....

Oh like you know everything that there is about Myles' career while other people, and there's a good amount of people, would disagree with you. :P

are you fucking kidding me? Not even a proper US tour before they start pre prod? :lol:

After this i have ZERO hope for a not so mediocre album songwriting wise... y'know developing their songs etc.

I don't think Myles is involved yet. I may be wrong but I think the conspirators are working out the basics and will send the results to Myles, then he can write the lyrics for.

I don't think Myles is involved yet. I may be wrong but I think the conspirators are working out the basics and will send the results to Myles, then he can write the lyrics for.

You got it ! ;)

You can give Myles 15 years to write lyrics for a single song and he would still use the words "there's nothing left to [insert whatever the song is about here]." He's not a great lyricist, I listen to Slash's albums for Slash anyway.

His lyrics were amazing on the Mayfield Four records and on Alter Bridge's Blackbird. There were great moments on Fortress as well.

His lyrics were amazing on the Mayfield Four records and on Alter Bridge's Blackbird. There were great moments on Fortress as well.

Can you do me a favor and list the songs I should listen to? That would help a lot.

I am so bias when it comes to this, but pretty much, most of the Second Skin album from the Mayfield Four. Summergirl, Lyla, White Flag, Mars Hotel. From AB's Blackbird album, Blackbird, One By One, Wayward One, Buried Alive. From the Fortress album, Cry of Achilles, Calm the Fire, Fortress, Lover.

I know some people, here, don't like Myles' approach to lyrics with Slash, but there's a lot of stuff from Mayfield Four and AB that I really can relate to that makes me really reflect life in ways that I could not ever imagine and I thank the guy for that. These are just an aspect of why I pegged the guy as one of my two true heroes in life (the other being Mark Tremonti).

It's kind of a shame Myles didn't really get his big break until he was in his mid 30's already with AB because for as good a care as he has taken of his voice it is not what it was when he was younger and had some crazy pipes.

I listen to Summergirl and 12/31 from the Mayfield 4 and the notes he hits and sustains at the end of the songs are completely ridiculous. Would love to have heard more of him when he still sounded like that with a real rock band.

It's kind of a shame Myles didn't really get his big break until he was in his mid 30's already with AB because for as good a care as he has taken of his voice it is not what it was when he was younger and had some crazy pipes.

I listen to Summergirl and 12/31 from the Mayfield 4 and the notes he hits and sustains at the end of the songs are completely ridiculous. Would love to have heard more of him when he still sounded like that with a real rock band.

Don't care for his voice on the Slash albums, but Myles still got a lot of power and range. That was never really a problem. Technically, he's good.

He sounds like he takes good care of his voice as well.

Edited by Rovim