SLASH featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators Tour 2014 / 2015

batman007

I mean WOF was great musically, but lyrically sucked ass (as the rest of Myles's career)

You can give Myles 15 years to write lyrics for a single song and he would still use the words "there's nothing left to [insert whatever the song is about here]." He's not a great lyricist, I listen to Slash's albums for Slash anyway.

His lyrics were amazing on the Mayfield Four records and on Alter Bridge's Blackbird. There were great moments on Fortress as well.

Can you do me a favor and list the songs I should listen to? That would help a lot.

Try 12/31, Fallout, Overflow, Summergirl, Don't Walk Away and Believe from The Mayfield Four. I think his best album lyrically (ever) is Fallout, the first The Mayfield Four record.

From Alter Bridge I recommend the ones Anguyen listed, besides One By One. Mark Tremonti also writes some lyrics, so it's not always easy to say which ones are Myles'.

I think if Myles was teamed up with Slash in his 30's, when his voice was so much fuller and stronger, people would've liked him a lot better. He may be technically better now and hit higher notes, but the way he hit his high notes back in the day was so much more intense.

Edited by Timotheus

Fuck, i've just learnt that the Conspirators will start early stage of pre-production for their new album just before the US tour this month ! :wow:

These guys can't just stop and have a break ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Slash needs to pay for his divorce

• Like 1

Fuck, i've just learnt that the Conspirators will start early stage of pre-production for their new album just before the US tour this month ! :wow:

These guys can't just stop and have a break ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Slash needs to pay for his divorce

With the money from the sales of another one of his solo albums? I don't think so. :tongue2:

I mean WOF was great musically, but lyrically sucked ass (as the rest of Myles's career)

You can give Myles 15 years to write lyrics for a single song and he would still use the words "there's nothing left to [insert whatever the song is about here]." He's not a great lyricist, I listen to Slash's albums for Slash anyway.

Same here

There's some absolutely great guitar work in there

I wish he could get back with Rod Jackson or someone else who got some ballsy voice (or even a good raspy female singer)

I'm not sure if you'll hear new guitar riffs/licks during the upcoming gigs; you never know !

This is just early stage of pre production like they did during the AL Tour.

2016 will be an AB year and the guys will record in between AB dates.

You can expect for a new Slash album in 2017 ! :headbang:

So there's some little hope then, cool to hear

Jesus, Axl can't put out new music regularly, Slash can't put out developed albums....

Oh like you know everything that there is about Myles' career while other people, and there's a good amount of people, would disagree with you. :P

people who got mediocre musical taste i guess

i know you're a fan of AB so...

There's not much to say for you about this matter... not everyone is a fan of rehashed radio rock

(and i even like the first AB record)

and yeah i've heard Myles's previous band(s), mediocre music, although a bit more artistic and not low grade commercial crap, i can give you that

It's kind of a shame Myles didn't really get his big break until he was in his mid 30's already with AB because for as good a care as he has taken of his voice it is not what it was when he was younger and had some crazy pipes.

I listen to Summergirl and 12/31 from the Mayfield 4 and the notes he hits and sustains at the end of the songs are completely ridiculous. Would love to have heard more of him when he still sounded like that with a real rock band.

Don't care for his voice on the Slash albums, but Myles still got a lot of power and range. That was never really a problem. Technically, he's good.

He sounds like he takes good care of his voice as well.

He's not gonna be losing that range anytime soon.

I go back and forth with Myles.. He has a great range and his voice works really good on some songs and other times not as much.. I think he has come a LONG WAY with the GnR material and I love hearing him sing those songs now.. He sounds perfect on songs like Anastastia, Iris, Bent To Fly and Back From Cali. I always thought he sounded real good on the VR material. Then there are songs like One Last Thrill that are cringe worthy. His voice definitely has a generic radio rock vibe to it at times but overall it works for me. His stage presence could use a little something as well. He isn't the greatest singer / front man out there but he seems like a real cool guy, Slash really digs him and he isn't going anywhere. Slash is playing out of his mind these days and the shows are amazing. That is good enough for me.

*I'll add that Myles sounds alot better on WOF than he did on the the last record.

Edited by Tom-Ass

His lyrics were amazing on the Mayfield Four records and on Alter Bridge's Blackbird. There were great moments on Fortress as well.

Can you do me a favor and list the songs I should listen to? That would help a lot.

all of blackbird, all of fortress

His stage presence could use a little something as well. He isn't the greatest singer / front man out there

He considers himself a guitarist first (apparently a kickass one who we never get to really hear in any of his bands) who just happens to be able to sing. Spent alot of his life playing guitar as opposed to just being a lead singer, probably explains alot of his lack of front man skills.

i've already posted it but Myles is a fn' killer player, much more into shred. Look at this video from 1992:

Slash said many times that Myles is a better guitar player than him.

Anyway, new tour date for Stockholm, Sweden May 31. ! Edited by Slash2baz

Myles is very good, but that's just not true. Slash just being humble. Slash is miles ahead of Myles (get it? :lol:).

haha good one ! :lol:

Another pic of Slash at Fearfest last sunday

4.jpg

Myles is very good, but that's just not true. Slash just being humble. Slash is miles ahead of Myles (get it? :lol:).

I think it's like the comparison to many other guitarists. They might be ... no, they ARE better technically but never managed to create something great like Slash did. Obviously that comes from a subjective point of view and while we are on a GNR forum most people here thinks the same.

On an alter bridge forum people might have another opinion.

I think it's like the comparison to many other guitarists. They might be ... no, they ARE better technically but never managed to create something great like Slash did. Obviously that comes from a subjective point of view and while we are on a GNR forum most people here thinks the same.

On an alter bridge forum people might have another opinion.

Myles is not better than Slash technically. Tremonti probably is, not Myles though. Like everyone else is saying though, Myles is indeed pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...

My show is two weeks away and its official: I've finally let myself start getting excited for it! I just love seeing this band so much. This show'll be more than 10 times I believe and I think this has been the longest draught. Last saw them the summer before last in PA at the very end of the AL tour. For my money they are still the best live band around these days and my friends and I say everytime we go to a concert "hey, wouldn't it be great if Slash and Myles just go on instead". Finally sinking in that soon enough I'll actually be seeing that again.

Its also sinking in that now that I'm getting excited and the NJ show near me is sold out that I'm getting to the point of "fuck, I'm gonna have to buy scalper tickets, cause I just have to see the NY and NJ show." I really said I wouldn't resort to paying over face, but I'm afraid its gonna come to that after the NY show.

• Like 1