SLASH featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators Tour 2014 / 2015

batman007

So, apparently tonight's show (which is in a city park) is a royal fuckover for any VIP ticketholders.

They moved the stage because of sinking issues, but didn't move the VIP section with the "premium sightlines".
It's now shoved way over to the side. People at yesterday's show were quite pissed off.

I don't know if they have corrected this for tonight's show. :(:shrugs:

Slash2baz, get Slash on the phone and get this solved before the gates open. :tongue2:

Haven't been to Mansfield in a long time, any advice would be appreciated. :)

Heard it's best to stay away from the free parking lot unless you plan to hang out there a couple hours after the show?

Okay to bring in sealed bottles of water? Taking pics & video is allowed? Is there a curfew?

free parking lot sucks but in my experience going there paying for the 40 buck lot that you can supposedly leave early from isnt worth it. I got out of the free place before i saw anyone leave the paid lot.

I dont think they allow water bottles in, just have a few beers in the lot before the show and then go on, its a decent venue....

they should allow you to take pics, idk if they allow cameras but phones are probably fine as ive done it many a time

curfew is probably midnight

Edited by Andrew07
  • Like 1

No. Myles is great. I love that they took a chance with YCBM. Slash nailed it. It's part of changing up the set list and not making it the same old stale shit on every tour. They could easily just keep doing SCOM, PC, My Michelle, Brownstone, and the casual fan would be more than content. But for hardcore fans, getting new songs and mixing different old songs are a real treat. No different than people who were falling over themselves with the thought of 3 different songs for the Guns residency, and then wetting their panties over Yesterdays and TWAT.

Exactly. I've seen Slash solo 8 times. Every show since the first one, I have gotten at least 3 new songs I've never heard him play live before. Except at this opening for Aerosmith show in which I only heard 2 songs I've never heard before (I expected opening for Aerosmith he'd play all stuff I've seen). Thats why Slash is an amazing show. Every one is truly different and he goes the extra mile that he really doesn't have to to make you come back. As if the band wasn't good enough already, he also always keeps you guessing about what he's gonna throw in and they take the time to really go out of their way for their hardcore fans.

"GNR" hasn't done that since 1993. Sorry, but there's a reason I've gone back to see Slash solo 8 times and seen post-93 Guns only once.

Totally agree with this, but are you including vr shows, cause I saw his solo band about 8x's, but also saw vr about 7x's and saw guns twice since 93, would have been 3x's but I was at the 1st philly show that ended in a riot.....lol

Seen Slash solo headlining 7 times, opening for Aerosmith once, charity Kings Of Chaos show once (I count it), and 2 VR shows, one of those VR shows being one of the best shows I've ever seen by anyone. I've seen Axl once. Granted, he tours less in the States, but Axl did a run of NY clubs and I saw none of them. By comparison, if it were Slash, I probably would have seen 2 or 3 of the 5. There's just something about Slash that makes me keep wanting to see him in any incarnation again. The Slash/Aerosmith show ended up being a birthday gift, but I mainly wanted to see the show for Slash because by all accounts he won't be back in the states till at least early next year. I was debating driving 10 hours to and from New Hampshire to see a Slash headlining date because its been a year since my last and probably a year till my next. Thats just the sort of thing Axl has never given me the drive to do.

Not to turn this into a whole "Slash vs. Axl debate", but there is something to the Slash passion.

If you're from the NYC area we've probably been to a lot of the same shows though I have to say the terminal 5 show was probably my favorite.

If you're from the NYC area we've probably been to a lot of the same shows though I have to say the terminal 5 show was probably my favorite.

We probably have. All but one of my shows have been in the NY area. Oddly enough that one show was the Terminal 5 show. At the times of that leg, I was in Boston, so I saw him there the night after he was at Terminal 5. My friend was at Terminal 5 and has long said it was his favorite as well, just as the Boston show the next night was my favorite. Those early shows, right when he was finally starting to tour and the band was really starting to take off were probably their best shows. They were like 2 hours and 15 minutes of just pure awesomeness and all those shows around that time were really excellent.

All the other shows have been excellent as well, but those ones (at least that week we both saw him) the band was on fire (RIP Bobby Schneck lol). The only show that comes close to that for me was when I saw Slash at Hammerstein were he played all 3 songs I was hoping for which truly shocked me. Been There Lately, You're Crazy, and Jungle before it was being played as a regular. It was only its 5th time out and you could tell he was doing it especially for New York. Gilby Clarke also guested on Paradise City. That one kind of spoiled me.

Funny how everybody here almost commit suicide when listening to Ashba play Slash songs, but they try to justify this Miles Boring Crap by saying he is "still learning" YCBM. :rofl-lol:

Horrible singing, horrible performing, I see no difference between his butchering and Fergie's one.

DEATH.

What he said

Funny how everybody here almost commit suicide when listening to Ashba play Slash songs, but they try to justify this Miles Boring Crap by saying he is "still learning" YCBM. :rofl-lol:

Slash is not trying to pass himself off as GNR all by himself, so people don't get nearly as upset about anything Myles supposedly butchers as they do DJ.

If you want to impersonate Slash in a GNR cover band, you are expected to be able to play like him. DJ's failure to do so is why he is ridiculed so badly.

We probably have. All but one of my shows have been in the NY area. Oddly enough that one show was the Terminal 5 show. At the times of that leg, I was in Boston, so I saw him there the night after he was at Terminal 5. My friend was at Terminal 5 and has long said it was his favorite as well, just as the Boston show the next night was my favorite. Those early shows, right when he was finally starting to tour and the band was really starting to take off were probably their best shows. They were like 2 hours and 15 minutes of just pure awesomeness and all those shows around that time were really excellent.

All the other shows have been excellent as well, but those ones (at least that week we both saw him) the band was on fire (RIP Bobby Schneck lol). The only show that comes close to that for me was when I saw Slash at Hammerstein were he played all 3 songs I was hoping for which truly shocked me. Been There Lately, You're Crazy, and Jungle before it was being played as a regular. It was only its 5th time out and you could tell he was doing it especially for New York. Gilby Clarke also guested on Paradise City. That one kind of spoiled me.

The Hammerstein show would be my 2nd favorite. I saw them in Atlantic City about their 2nd or 3rd show as a band and was blown away. I catch them every time there in the area.

The Hammerstein show would be my 2nd favorite. I saw them in Atlantic City about their 2nd or 3rd show as a band and was blown away. I catch them every time there in the area.

same here. I've seen them I think 12 times now. I saw the first 2 AC shows (I think they played AC one more time that I wasn't able to go to). twice in NYC (Hammerstein and Irving Plaza). twice in Hampton Beach (once in 2012 and this week). three times in Boston. once in CT. once on LI. once in Baltimore. they're so good live and it's such a fun show! I'm already chomping at the bit for the full US tour for more northeast dates!

same here. I've seen them I think 12 times now. I saw the first 2 AC shows (I think they played AC one more time that I wasn't able to go to). twice in NYC (Hammerstein and Irving Plaza). twice in Hampton Beach (once in 2012 and this week). three times in Boston. once in CT. once on LI. once in Baltimore. they're so good live and it's such a fun show! I'm already chomping at the bit for the full US tour for more northeast dates!

I'm hoping sometime between the Atlantic City and newark shows they play a headlining show in NYC. And I think their schedule allows for it cause ac is 8/30 and newark isn't till 9/3.

I'm hoping sometime between the Atlantic City and newark shows they play a headlining show in NYC. And I think their schedule allows for it cause ac is 8/30 and newark isn't till 9/3.

I was thinking that when the schedule first came out, but it seems like it would've been announced by now if they were going tot do that. would be a nice surprise if something does come about, though.

Need confirmation for yesterday's setlist at Big Music Fest, not sure about this one:

Ghost

Nightrain

Back From Cali

Rocket Queen

Anastasia

World On Fire

You Could Be Mine

Sweet Child O'Mine

Slither

Paradise City

Standing in the sun was played after nightrain. By the sword was after Anastasia followed by your a lie.

Need confirmation for yesterday's setlist at Big Music Fest, not sure about this one:

Ghost

Nightrain

Back From Cali

Rocket Queen

Anastasia

World On Fire

You Could Be Mine

Sweet Child O'Mine

Slither

Paradise City

Standing in the sun was played after nightrain. By the sword was after Anastasia followed by your a lie.

Ghost

Nightrain

Standing In The Sun

Back From Cali

Rocket Queen

World On Fire

You Could Be Mine

Anastasia

By The Sword

You're A lie

Sweet Child O'Mine

Slither

Paradise City

right setlist then ?

Ghost

Nightrain

Back From Cali

Rocket Queen

Anastasia

World On Fire

You Could Be Mine

Sweet Child O'Mine

Slither

Paradise City

Ghost

Nightrain

Standing In The Sun

Back From Cali

Rocket Queen

World On Fire

You Could Be Mine

Anastasia

By The Sword

You're A lie

Sweet Child O'Mine

Slither

Paradise City

right setlist then ?

Rocket queen was after you could be mine.

I'm surprised Myles decides to sing "While you're breakin' down my back..." at full pelt, Axl didn't do that even back in the UYI days. So used to hear it slowed down, especially these days, it's weird hearing it sung that fast in a live setting.

sidenote: Todd Kerns made a guest appearance with Kim Mitchell during his set.
It's a Canadian thing, but Kim Mitchell was in a (great fucking band) called Max Webster.
Max Webster used to open for Rush (a lot) back in the 70's.
Max Webster recorded a song called Battle Scars, which Geddy Lee did guest vocals on.
Kim did this song live during his set yesterday, and that's the song Todd Kerns did guest vocals on.
If you know the song, Todd fucking killed it!

Ghost

Nightrain

Back From Cali

Rocket Queen

Anastasia

World On Fire

You Could Be Mine

Sweet Child O'Mine

Slither

Paradise City

Ghost

Nightrain

Standing In The Sun

Back From Cali

Rocket Queen

World On Fire

You Could Be Mine

Anastasia

By The Sword

You're A lie

Sweet Child O'Mine

Slither

Paradise City

right setlist then ?

Rocket queen was after you could be mine.

Perfect! thanks man ! ;)

Edited by Slash2baz