Nightrain
Avalon
Standing In The Sun
Back From Cali
Wicked Stone
Shadow Life
You Could Be Mine
Dr Alibi (Todd Kerns on vocals)
Welcome to The jungle (Todd Kerns on vocals)
Beneath The Savage Sun
Civil War
The Dissident
Rocket Queen
Bent To Fly
World On Fire
Anastasia
Sweet Child o' Mine
Slither
Paradise City

3.jpg

Edited by Slash2baz

Fuck, listen to Slash's Tone here, vs. Current day. Damn, his tone was SO much better then... Now is sounds very mid heavy, no clarity, less compression too as if the notes are fighting to be heard.. His wah tone is a fucking debacle live right now. How could his tone be better so long ago in this day of technology, etc. Tone is perfect from the UYI live era.. Also, for all the Chops Slash now has, he sounds pretty darn sloppy in the performance from the other night.... In comparison to this 1992 clip when he was supposedly always drinking...

Agree mostly, I think his tone now is not mid heavy at all, and very trebley and presencey, too much compression and not en enough gain. I agree it cuts, but it doesn't cut through well. It sounds thing and cold. Not sure about sloppiness, I usually hear 3-5 bad notes per show, which isn't really that bad out of the thousands of notes being played. Maybe it was just an off night.

Out of all the WoF material, 30 Years should really be a set standard. IMO, it's much stronger than so many others that get constant play (Wicked Stone, Avalon, Dissident).

100% agree, I caught a few shows and they didn't play it at any of them. :(

So pumped for tonight!

How was the gig?

Fantastic! Sixth time seeing Slash including the Hall of Fame and he never disappoints.

Bit of a different experience this time. Found 10 dollar GA balcony seats so my gf really helped convinced me to go. Rock n' roll is not her thing, she likes EDM and that junk so this was a completely new thing for her. We opted for the last row so we could kind of hang back and be to ourselves. I've seen Slash so many times I didn't care about being with the crowd as much. It was cool, had a great view and she was a great sport for the first half. She seemed to dig it and was even dancing and stuff. She maybe knew two songs- SCOM and WTTJ and they were mainly through me. She got really overwhelmed though, as a hard rock show cannot be compared to electronic gigs. The energy is more intense and the band is LOUD, so it hurt her ears. Even I noticed the band was louder than normal, but I liked it like that. She was really into it until the 20 minute Rocket Queen solo happened, made her tired and I don't blame her, we had a really busy past few days. Ended up leaving at the end of Slither because she was so tired =( No biggie, though.

Anyways, on the show itself. I get blown away by them every time I see them. Honestly, in terms of "quality" this might be the best I heard them. It seems some of you don't like Slash's current tone. I didn't think it had enough mid in the youtube videos but was very happy with it last night. It was really clear and fat, cut through the mix nicely. Particularly loved the tone with his EDS-1275 on The Dissident and the Guild sounded excellent on Civil War and Anastasia. I think its weird You're a Lie is still the opener. I actually think it really works (sorry, Nosaj) and dig it as an opener, but you'd think they'd open with World on Fire. Speaking of which, the new songs all sounded great. I will admit he is playing most of the songs in the bottom half of my WOF list. I still like Avalon and The Dissident, but I'd much rather hear 30 Years To Life, Battleground, Withered Delilah, Automatic Overdrive, and The Unholy. Withered Delilah in particular should really be played every night. Still, Avalon, WOF, Dissident, and Bent to Fly were really good in concert. The WOF songs I love that they played were Wicked Stone (monster live) and Shadow Life (a welcomed surprise last night). The GNR songs all sounded on point as usual, and I was happy to hear YCBM. Wish Double Talkin' Jive stayed in the set. The "old" Slash solo songs were great too, although there wasn't anything I haven't heard live before. Anastasia has really evolved live, though, and this was the best live version I've heard right now. The band is just so fucking good with everything, now. They are a well- oiled machine. Todd rocks, I love Brent's drumming, and even Frank's guitar is more heavy in the mix now. Its great. Myles continues to be the real MVP in my opinion, and my gf was blown away by him too.

TLDR- It was a great decision to go. I would have picked other WOF songs, personally, but everything sounded great so its all good.

EDIT- Yeah, the YCBM solo was weird. It didn't bother me too much, though

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 3

Great review man, glad you liked the show ;)

Well, the tone here sounds much better... Slash2Baz, you must have told Slash we were not satisfied...lol, or the recording wasn't representative of the actual tone.

Hell no this is just because the guy filmed the video closed to the soundboard where the sound is better ! ;)