SLASH featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators Tour 2014 / 2015

batman007

Just came back from Hollywood Palladium. I left early, already after You Could Be Mine. Partly due to a killing jetlag but mostly due to Myles. I don't understand why they play YCBM when it is too hard for him. His distinctive nasal voice is bad enough on its own, in my humble opinion, choosing songs where he repeatedly have to drop an octave because it's too hard is ridiculous.

The band was otherwise tight. Nice harmonies with Todd on Wicked Stone. Slash was Slash.

And lots of people there. I didn't see anyone I know, but Marc was there, somewhere.

Edited by SoulMonster

Just came back from Hollywood Palladium. I left early, already after You Could Be Mine. Partly due to a killing jetlag but mostly due to Myles. I don't understand why they play YCBM when it is too hard for him. His distinctive nasal voice is bad enough on its own, in my humble opinion, choosing songs where he repeatedly have to drop an octave because it's too hard is ridiculous.

The band was otherwise tight. Nice harmonies with Todd on Wicked Stone. Slash was Slash.

And lots of people there. I didn't see anyone I know, but Marc was there, somewhere.

I didn't understand why fakeGuns played 90% of their setlist while Axl and DJ struggled with every single song of it.

Regardless, it's your own fault when you know you don't like Myles but attend their shows.

Besides, everyone's judge over a Slash gig is worthless when he leaved without seeing the last part of the show with Anastasia, SCOM, Slither and PC

• Like 2

Conspirators put YCBM in the set because fans wanna hear it. That wasn't Myles' first choice so he does the job but can't obviously sing the song like Axl did.

Is that particular song can give you a bad taste of Conspirators gig ? I don't think so. You can't judge a show on one particular song IMO.

Regarding yesterday's gig in Hollywood, no particular surprises in the setlist (Switch: Halo/ Standing In The Sun)
2.jpg

I didn't understand why fakeGuns played 90% of their setlist while Axl and DJ struggled with every single song of it.

Regardless, it's your own fault when you know you don't like Myles but attend their shows.

Besides, everyone's judge over a Slash gig is worthless when he leaved without seeing the last part of the show with Anastasia, SCOM, Slither and PC

I never felt any songs played by Axl and Dj was as jarring to my ears as YCBM sung yesterday by Myles, but more importantly, when you choose to play a cover song (like Slash and the Conspirators deciding to cover YCBM) you except the cover to at least be executed well. But do you really want to start a GN'R vs Slash discussion in this thread?

Yes, it is my own fault and I knew what I went to. I probably would have stayed to the end if it wasn't for being so exhausted, tho ;). The concert up to YCBM was decent, and I am sure I would have concluded that it was alright if I'd stayed to the end. That being said, there was things I liked and things I didn't like about it. No biggie. I have no problems recommending it to any fans of Slash and/or that type of music. Good musicians, good songs.

The extra Wah during the YCBM solo is probably because he doesn't use his BC Rich w/ Floyd Rose... so he tries to get the same effect with a Les Paul.

The extra Wah during the YCBM solo is probably because he doesn't use his BC Rich w/ Floyd Rose... so he tries to get the same effect with a Les Paul.

He did use here in the solo does at the 3.25 mark :facepalm:

Edited by Gibbo 27

I just think slash needs too lay off the wah a bit

The wah during the solo is horrid. One of the baddest decisions from Slash to pkay it like this. Still no reason to leave the show :lol:

I never would have left because of wah on a solo. I Slash's guitar was a bit more pominent in the mix, but this could be due to where I was standing.

As for YCBM, even Axl himself has commeted on what a bitch it is to sing (The first time I had to play 'You Could Be Mine' [live] my mind went "What have I done, I've gotta sing this now!" [TMS with Eddie Trunk, November 2011]) and when a singer as technically gifted as Myles don't have the stamina to properly belt out the breakdown part of that song in the right register, it really tells us what an absolutely amazing singer Axl was back in the day.

He did use here in the solo does at the 3.25 mark :facepalm:

yes because he plays a Les Paul ;)

Definitely not his best choice but personally, i don't really care :lol:

I just think slash needs too lay off the wah a bit

The wah during the solo is horrid. One of the baddest decisions from Slash to pkay it like this. Still no reason to leave the show :lol:

I never would have left because of wah on a solo. I Slash's guitar was a bit more pominent in the mix, but this could be due to where I was standing.

As for YCBM, even Axl himself has commeted on what a bitch it is to sing (The first time I had to play 'You Could Be Mine' [live] my mind went "What have I done, I've gotta sing this now!" [TMS with Eddie Trunk, November 2011]) and when a singer as technically gifted as Myles don't have the stamina to properly belt out the breakdown part of that song in the right register, it really tells us what an absolutely amazing singer Axl was back in the day.

That's true. I don't think there's anybody out there who can sing GNR songs like Axl did in his hayday.

• Like 1

Barbie Von Grief is the real Rocket Queen, she inspired Axl to write the song. Adrianna Smith was Steven's GF who was fucking around with everyone, She even made comments about Steven's wife a few years ago but then she and Steven hugged and all.

I guess in this case it seems she went to Slash's show, then outside the venue she would have shouted "I AM SLASH'S FRIEND, LET ME MEET HIM"

I assume if Slash met in her person that time, then he would have remembered her. The security won't allow you if you just say I AM SLASH's FRIEND.

But well I don't know what really happened. Any insights?

Decided to quote this particular post here in this thread, since it will transition nicely to what I got to say. It could very well be the case of no one couldn't really ID her or anything.

However, they did manage to let Wolfgang Van Halen in along with Michael Elvis Baskette and Jef Mol (Alter Bridge's and Slash's recording guys) and it lead to this nice picture. No Slash. though. Was taken after the LA show, I think.

https://instagram.com/p/9PM6qqGfeC/

rQNyhxz.png

Yes the picture above was taken at Hollywood Palladium ! Tons of guests there + familly...
Mike Baskette will be the producer of the new Conspirators album ;)
About Barbie Von Grief, you can enter a show like in the 80s... :lol:

Regarding to the last US show of the tour (Temecula, CA): switches : halo / standing in the sun + brownstone / Civil war
No particular surprises.
11.jpg

• Like 1

Why does Slash2baz keep saying things like 'no surprises' 'nothing special' ' a bit of a short setlist' etc ... what do you expect to happen at each show I wonder? A new song to be played each time?? Slash to transform into a robot???

I think it's cool of Slash2baz that he informs us after each show. No suprises= no unusual songs being played like some Snakepit stuff.

• Like 1

Why does Slash2baz keep saying things like 'no surprises' 'nothing special' ' a bit of a short setlist' etc ... what do you expect to happen at each show I wonder? A new song to be played each time?? Slash to transform into a robot???

Slash to transform into a real guitar player ! :lol:

No.... joking around ! :P

Well, when you follow the guy you know the set by heart and you know that Slash used to change the setlist A LOT. Look at setlists in Japan, damn so many songs from WOF played with great switches from night to another (Battleground, Unholy...). I mean on this last part of the leg (it was the same in Europe) i think Slash just do minimal changes.

I mean he let Todd sung my Michelle only once, come on !

The guys played "Serial Killer" only once, come on !

Then, in the end it was the same old switch between Halo and Standing int the Sun.

I'm ok with this but honestly setlist can really be better !

IMO on this US/CANADA leg, Montreal had the best one :headbang:

• Like 4