SLASH featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators Tour 2014 / 2015

batman007

Is it the zenith fault, or the way slashs sound engineers have set the gear up, responsible for a poor mix?

I could hear the lead guitar an vocals better for Monster Truck than I could for Slash. I think they've got Slash's guitar too low in the mix and Todd's bass too high. Also, the speakers at the side don't really seem to travel, tonight I had to get close to the front speaker on the stage to make things out. So I think it's a combination of the two.

Is it the zenith fault, or the way slashs sound engineers have set the gear up, responsible for a poor mix?

I could hear the lead guitar an vocals better for Monster Truck than I could for Slash. I think they've got Slash's guitar too low in the mix and Todd's bass too high. Also, the speakers at the side don't really seem to travel, tonight I had to get close to the front speaker on the stage to make things out. So I think it's a combination of the two.

Funny slash and alterbridge use the same openers. Monster truck and California Breed coming up, though they seem to be tight from koc

Amir said it all !
Paris guys, that was the place to be !
fn' Shadow Life, as told the guys, EVERYTIME they play in Paris, there's something special, mainly premieres.
Crowd was crazy but fn' Rnfn'R.
Did the first night seated and the second at the first row DFC, 2 amazing experiences; my back is like a fn' apple crumble and i'll do the same in Basel on saturday !

Gibbo check PMs

Edit: nevernind, my PMs won't send. Weird.

How does one rip something from DirecTV's website

If you give me your username and password am sure i could get the show somehow mate and like i said id be happy to pay the sub

Edited by Gibbo 27

Aw man I wish they had have played Mr Brownstone, Mean Bone and Feel like makin love at the dublin gig =( I see people saying they couldn't hear Slash's solos at the Dublin and Paris gigs. I heard them perfectly, however I was standing on the right where slash's amps are.

Aw man I wish they had have played Mr Brownstone, Mean Bone and Feel like makin love at the dublin gig =( I see people saying they couldn't hear Slash's solos at the Dublin and Paris gigs. I heard them perfectly, however I was standing on the right where slash's amps are.

On the right at the front or towards the back? I made sure to pick the right both nights because I knew that's where Slash would be, so maybe it was more down to the venue? I'll find out in December at Wembley Arena!

Myles kind of shit the bed on that one. I was hoping for more soul.

In my opinion, the problem is not just his voice, it's that he doesn't seem to connect to the Guns material. Not really. Scott was really into It's So Easy for example, other singers that performed that particular number were also...idk...felt it more.

In Alter Bridge and some songs on Slash's albums he does provide a genuine intent.

Tonight he plays Basel, isn't he.

Yup, apparently it was the live premiere of Withered Delilah: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/slash-feat-myles-kennedy-and-the-conspirators/2014/st-jakobshalle-basel-switzerland-13cc4d69.html

Cool! Any videos yet?

Not that I can see, but this guy has a bunch of videos from the 2nd Paris show, including Anastasia:

https://www.youtube.com/user/maninrock/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

Did you record this Slash2baz?

yes i did ;)

Like i'm on the road, that's not easy to find out a good WIFI to upload all my HD video + photos.

I took more than 2000 photos in Paris and taped all the premieres in HD including "Withered Delilah" tonight

Edited by Slash2baz
  • Like 2