Do you think DJ's Ballad of Death is a rip-off of Slash's Godfather theme?

No

I think Slash ripped off the orchestral music of that movie with Brando in it where they're all in the mafia or some shit, Axl also ripped off his rasp.

4TUS ripped off james bond imo.

It might sound like a conspiracy but hear me out, BBF's solo sections sounds like the pink panther, I fucking swear to you, it's uncanny. Don't know how accurate my theory is though :shrugs:

And Pink Panther? Perposterous!

I think Slash ripped off the orchestral music of that movie with Brando in it where they're all in the mafia or some shit, Axl also ripped off his rasp.

4TUS ripped off james bond imo.

It might sound like a conspiracy but hear me out, BBF's solo sections sounds like the pink panther, I fucking swear to you, it's uncanny. Don't know how accurate my theory is though :shrugs:

I know Slash didn't compose the The Godfather, but stylistically, Ballad of Death is very similar to Slash's interpretation of it.

Yeah I see what you mean, I'd guess he's played it on youtube several times prior to joining GNR so it's definitely in his mind and he does repeat a lot of bends and patterns, he isn't a highly unique player and his Slash worship is obvious, just BOD has a vague similarity, if he has to come up with ten solos 5 of them will be Slash-lite imo, let's hope he hasn't used his whole ability up in three solo sections.

I mean, i think he wrote it with the the intention, being it a conscious or subconscious one, of having a solo spot reminiscent of Slash's Godfather theme. It's the same key and pace. Considering DJ hasn't had an original thought in his life, it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

Also, just listened to the studio ballad of death for the first time. Good fucking God. His tone is terrible and his guitar sounds like it's out of tune. On a studio recording. It is studio right? Unbelievable. Honestly it wouldn't be unlistenable if recorded by a competent guitar player, other than the obnoxious bend section which is simply annoying, in key or not. God he's horrible.

Edit: was that studio or a soundboard? It sucks either way but if it's studio that might be the worst thing ever.

Edited by TeeJay410

Dimebag Darell had the best tone I've ever heard, always sounds like three guitars buzzsawing through one channel.

DJ's tone is actually abysmal there, sounds like the shrill beep noise that old board game Operation made when you whacked the sides.

Dimebag Darell had the best tone I've ever heard, always sounds like three guitars buzzsawing through one channel.

Definitely the best rhythm tone from any metal guitarist.

5 Minutes Alone especially

Having listened to these two solos one after the other, I appreciate Towelie's point more, the pacing is definitely what Ashba had in his mind, whether conscious or subconscious it's all the same, he is a very limited player, which isn't so bad when you got 4TUS and BBF in the band, but if he dropped the Slash template and added more to his plate and practiced a bit instead of focusing on his gimmick and swag he'd be a decent player rather than average but he has to keep raking the cash in I guess.

Also, just listened to the studio ballad of death for the first time. Good fucking God. His tone is terrible and his guitar sounds like it's out of tune. On a studio recording. It is studio right? Unbelievable. Honestly it wouldn't be unlistenable if recorded by a competent guitar player, other than the obnoxious bend section which is simply annoying, in key or not. God he's horrible.

Edit: was that studio or a soundboard? It sucks either way but if it's studio that might be the worst thing ever.

In DJ's defence, that is not actually him playing that studio version in that link. I believe it is just someone covering it