Do you think DJ's Ballad of Death is a rip-off of Slash's Godfather theme?

Sorry couldn't resist. :lol:

hahaha

Im thinking that when Ashba was in BC he used stratocaster and no used hat, and in GnR he always use hat and always play with les paul, its possible that Axl wants a miniSlash in the band.

Thanks for posting those, they were both really good.

I do not see one as a rip off of the other. DJ seems to like the off key high pitched additions to his guitaring, but I do not mind it personally. It is a nice tune he has written. Slash's rendition of the Godfather theme was really good, and would be good live

Different eras of guitarist side by side

I got the tumble drier on just now. Doing laundry because we have the doom thunder storms forecast for the weekend, hence me multi posting :)

When I listen tomorrow, what I am listening out for. Any similarities to the aforementioned songs, or is it just a nice tune

I'm jesting, I don't mind Ashba's solo sections, sure they aren't that original or mindblowing like BBF and 4tus's renditions in their solo sections but it's enjoyable despite the usual Ashba limitations, it's something he's composed and it isn't terrible by any means. I'd like to hear an original 4tus section and a new BBF one but BBF's talents are on display as well as his difficult Gnr tracks he's blitzed the solos on.

I just can't stand the brown notes and the excessive cheap tricks and the off tune bends combined with the terrible pick stapping.

Then if you watch him... it just makes it even worst. If he would put more focus into his playing and less into his crowd work, he might sound decent like on the sixx am albums.

No soul.

• Like 1

For some reason, DJ reminds me of a 10 year old looking up at the stage and wishing he could play like Slash, he's like a vague, fuzzy dream-dry version of Slash, still attuned more to being the kid in the bustling crowd holding a fantasy of being a Guitar God and having tons of cash and deluded followers due to being a guitar player but one that is not drawn out properly and a cartoonified version of a truth, that's the kinda impression I get from Ashba.

• Like 1

For me, the most important ability of a guitar player is create riffs, the solos is second, i love My Michelle, WTTJ for example, for the riffs.

I dont like BBF music songs, but i think that Ashba can writte good hard rocker riffs and songs for GnR, it is very important for me, because i dont hear albums with bad songs and good solos, but i can hear a good songs with normal or bad solos.

And i think that Axl wants a miniSlash (Ashba) and miniIzzy (Fortus).

Edited by Terzyo
  • Like 1

I gotta say I think the Godfather solo was always kind of lame....

I'm a bigger Slash fan than anyone has a right to be, but that theme never really did much for me.

... and Izzy agrees haha. There was an interview where he implied as much.

I do think there is an element of the new guys coming in and thinking this is GNR, what do I need to do? Brain was saying its GNR, think Led Zepp he had an idea. Dj has said the same they know what band they are in.

Only Ron gives ZERO fucks and just shreds on stuff, maybe Finck also had his own style. The new guys seem more about replicating the old studio albums live.

Guest Gunns
Started by Towelie, Jul 17 2014 01:30 PM

I dont know about that, but what I do know about Ballad of Death is that it is a fucking snooze fest. Nothing amazing or creative about it at all. Just generic garbage that was created to make people appreciate the silence that follows immediately after the song has finished.

• Like 1