Best GnR guitar solo

Old GNR- The double hitter that are Estranged's solos

NuGNR- There Was a Time

This.

Add BH Nightrain solo if you want and tip your hat to Slash for generally writing such amazing guitar parts for so many songs. But BH's TWAT solo is pure genius.

Slash - SCOM, Patience, NR, Estranged, Nightrain

Buckethead - There Was a Time, If The World, Prostitute, Nightrain

Finck - Better, Street of Dreams, This I Love

Ron - Catcher, Estranged, SCOM, TWAT, Nightrain, Yesterdays

Fortus - November Rain

Ashba - Fuck him

Edited by Georgy Zhukov

I thought we had to pick ONE? Could label a ream of each era but the title says pick one.

TWAT is the best GNR solo if I limit it to one solo, it's not the best song with a solo in it, that's NR because of the phrasing and surroundings of each solo, the ending takes the cake but as a mere solo by itself, Buckethead's got this.

I thought we had to pick ONE? Could label a ream of each era but the title says pick one.

TWAT is the best GNR solo if I limit it to one solo, it's not the best song with a solo in it, that's NR because of the phrasing and surroundings of each solo, the ending takes the cake but as a mere solo by itself, Buckethead's got this.

Then I pick Estranged. I can't pick between the two as I like them equally. So I guess count that as one?

Slash put real emotion into his solos, and all with a simple les Paul/ Marshall half-stack setup, so right off the bat his work trumps any of the multi-layered Atari-sounding garbage on cd.

The outro solo of breakdown is a beauty. As are the textures at the end of locomotive. The final estranged solo is one of his most uplifting, and is very reminiscent of the last rocket queen solo, which is another a slam-dunk.

The twat solo has an epic quality to it, but to me it's far from guns' best.

To paraphrase Corgan, CD shows you what slash did in guns n roses. Which was to make it guns n roses.

GN'R: toss up between Estranged and November Rain

nuGNR: tentativly There Was A Time, may change with new album (didn't Axl say Finck plays a Steve Vai like solo or something like that? :drool:)

GN'R live: toss up between Estranged and November Rain

NuGNR live: Bucket's Nightrain solo

but this if it's individual guitarists

Slash - SCOM, Patience, NR, Estranged, Nightrain

Buckethead - There Was a Time, If The World, Prostitute, Nightrain

Finck - Better, Street of Dreams, This I Love

Ron - Catcher, Estranged, SCOM, TWAT, Nightrain, Yesterdays

Fortus - November Rain

Ashba - Fuck him

Idk, I hate 99% of solos ever made.

We know. You say this about 2 or 3 times a day.

On topic: Nightrain, both Slash and Buckethead versions are great. Estranged by its original composer, obviously and Robin's Better.

Edited by ProstituteComa

Idk, I hate 99% of solos ever made.

We know. You say this about 2 or 3 times a day.

On topic: Nightrain, both Slash and Buckethead versions are great. Estranged by its original composer, obviously and Robin's Better.

I think I've said it maybe twice, three times total. Certainly not as many times as the redundant idiotic trolling which you do every single day on this forum.