Ask staff

UK SUBS

Is it possible to fix the ignore function so you don't see that a person posted and you don't see their posts if they're quoted?

What would be nice is that when you block someone not only you don't read their posts but they can't read yours either. That'd save a lot of contempt and animosity in the forum.

• Like 1

A non-registered visitor posted something. Generally such posts do not get approved for public viewing (all non-registered posters require having their content approved by a mod/admin). Felt it contributed to the conversation so I approved the post.

A non-registered visitor posted something. Generally such posts do not get approved for public viewing (all non-registered posters require having their content approved by a mod/admin). Felt it contributed to the conversation so I approved the post.

I understand. I just found strange that the post below made by gunsfanoldie is exactly the same as the guest post that, coincidentally, was made by gunsfanoldie too. :lol:

I understand. I just found strange that the post below made by gunsfanoldie is exactly the same as the guest post that, coincidentally, was made by gunsfanoldie too. :lol:

Oops, I didn't see the second post. Yeah, not sure. Guess I was mailing in my admin responsibilities today :P

Can we get Manets' thread reopened so we can give him the mocking he deserves for not understanding the quote system after he's been here for 300 years?

I was upset I couldn't post in there. It was going to be my best post ever.

• Like 2

Can we get Manets' thread reopened so we can give him the mocking he deserves for not understanding the quote system after he's been here for 300 years?

I was upset I couldn't post in there. It was going to be my best post ever.

I had the opportunity to say "lol Manets." :headbang:

Never forget.

Is the Five O'clock section being updated in real time? Because whenever I click on a thread that has 27 pages for example, there's always a couple of pages more. After I have read them all, if I click again, it will take me to the 27th page again, ignoring my last visit.

Is the Five O'clock section being updated in real time? Because whenever I click on a thread that has 27 pages for example, there's always a couple of pages more. After I have read them all, if I click again, it will take me to the 27th page again, ignoring my last visit.

Not sure, but I don't have that problem when enter lengthy threads.

Not sure, but I don't have that problem when enter lengthy threads.

It only happens on The Jungle and its sub-sections. I will report back.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Downzy. Will all past threads be restored or just D & N?

At this point, likely just D&N threads.

This is a GNR fan discussion forum, after all. It took me 40 hours of monotonous work recovering just 2006 GNR threads alone.

I might get around to restoring threads from Anything Goes, but at this time, not sure if it's worth the effort. For all the time that it takes for me to finish one year, do that many people care about what conspiracy theories Ratbrain was pushing in 2007? :P

With respect to the Use Your Illusion section, I'll likely be restoring more threads that relate solely to GNR pictures/images.

Hey Downzy. Will all past threads be restored or just D & N?

At this point, likely just D&N threads.

This is a GNR fan discussion forum, after all. It took me 40 hours of monotonous work recovering just 2006 GNR threads alone.

I might get around to restoring threads from Anything Goes, but at this time, not sure if it's worth the effort. For all the time that it takes for me to finish one year, do that many people care about what conspiracy theories Ratbrain was pushing in 2007? :P

With respect to the Use Your Illusion section, I'll likely be restoring more threads that relate solely to GNR pictures/images.

Was just wondering!

Appreciate the work you do, mate

Hey Downzy, any chance that you guys could reach out to management and ask for a little update ?

I can reach out, but whether they reach back isn't a likely proposition. :shrugs:

For the time being, back-and-forth communication between this forum and the band/management is non-existent.

Another question I asked under the previous administration (I don't remember the answer):

Is it possible to allow users to tag other users in a post? Much like Facebook.

I've always wondered about that too. I don't think there's a way to do it but HV would know for sure.

I've always thought that'd be a cool feature but a lot of people were against it last time it came up if I remember right.

Another question I asked under the previous administration (I don't remember the answer):

Is it possible to allow users to tag other users in a post? Much like Facebook.

It's not an available feature yet. We're using the latest version of IP Board (3.47). The next generation of software is imminent, and when released, will include user tag functionality. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

• Like 2