New Album - what musicians?

Okay, there has been talk about new music and how it's done, it's not done, might need to record or whatever?

I'm wondering if there is new music, what musicians will play on it? Will it be the GNR members now?

Were these songs written solely by Axl or is this a collaboration of the current members?

If it's not the current members of GNR, why bother to release anything new? I think any new music should be done with the current GNR members otherwise, it'll just be another release by Axl Rose. then this time he should just call it a solo cd.

I still say since we don't know anything real either way, a cd should have been released with the GNR Vegas dvd blue ray. This way at least the current members would have been on at least one GNR cd.

Just a thought.

Doesn't really matter. Remember when Brian May said he wouldn't recognize his own playing in the GNR songs he heard? Axl copies and pastes the sections he likes, he doesn't trust the musicians ability. He wants total control. He won't play the guitars himself simply because he can't.

Okay, there has been talk about new music and how it's done, it's not done, might need to record or whatever?

I'm wondering if there is new music, what musicians will play on it? Will it be the GNR members now?

Were these songs written solely by Axl or is this a collaboration of the current members?

If it's not the current members of GNR, why bother to release anything new? I think any new music should be done with the current GNR members otherwise, it'll just be another release by Axl Rose. then this time he should just call it a solo cd.

I still say since we don't know anything real either way, a cd should have been released with the GNR Vegas dvd blue ray. This way at least the current members would have been on at least one GNR cd.

Just a thought.

all of the current members aside from ashba are on 1 gnr album already

Jim Morrison, Chuck Schuldiner, Janis Joplin and Paul Huge.

In all reality, most likely Buckethead will retain 5 solos, Finck 3, probably each will have 2 songwriting credits, Stinson and Pitman have 4 or so, most LIKELY it'll resemble the album it proceeds. but the current guys will have played over sections ala BBF and Ferrer but twice as much. Maybe each guitarist will have recorded over half of BH/FINCK's material. I highly doubt they've recorded anything from scratch despite these guys intent and ability, Axl seems a creature of habit and he doesn't like progressing more than once every decade for whatever reason.

Though Going Down's recording date would be interesting to know.

The only damn thing we do know if that BBF recorded a solo for Atlas Shrugged and even his guitarist of 8 years don't know the current status and this guy also played solos on CD without knowing what the songs sounded like lol, how pathetic is that, that's the most recent thing we know. That's more or less all we know except the orchestral information and that Bach says he originally intended a trilogy to come out.

Well, Axl says he considers it the second half of Chinese, so I'm guessing Bucket and Finck will still be on a large portion of it. Hopefully Brain's on at least half of it. I think Ron will probably have the same amount of material as he did on Chinese but it will be interesting to see what the credits look like.

Hopefully DJ gets kept to a minimum. As in, 2 solos and some rhythm at the most. He just can't play Robins style, I don't want to hear his re-recordings... The TIL solo is all the proof necessary for that.

• Like 1

I honestly believe Ashba can write 5 solos and he's all out of ideas. Judging by that new SixxAM track he can't even write any rubbish riffs anymore either, I've heard two riffs that are alright by him during his Sixx Am tenure. This is Guns N' Roses, I know riffs aren't everything anymore in Axl's vision but if he can't do the job of a lead player he's gotta give something to the band. I do have hope he can give us 5 decent solo efforts amongst the record since I don't mind his solo sections but he's definitely a limited player who has no intention of practicing the talent he actually has, which is what you'd expect a GNR guitarist to do in the shadow of the past achievements...