Can a techie person please explain the difference between these to me?

So I need a new S3 battery for my phone and when I search on Amazon, two highly-rated batteries that show up are:

http://www.amazon.com/T-Mobile-U-S-Cellular-EB-L1G6LLU-18-Month-Warranty/dp/B00A44JSFK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1407624673&sr=8-2&keywords=galaxy+s3+battery

http://www.amazon.com/GT-I9300-T-Mobile-Cellular-EB-L1G6LLU-Guarantee/dp/B00HVLNST6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1407624673&sr=8-3&keywords=galaxy+s3+battery

as you can see, they appear to be similar items, but the prices vary quite a lot. one is half the price of the other, but both are being sold through amazon.

Can anyone tell me which one would be better? I have AT&T if that helps. I just can't understand why the one is twice the price of the other one...

Also, if anyone has alternative recommendations - feel free to share. :)

My current battery drains super fast.

here's the difference

Near Field Communication. In the S3, the antenna for the NFC chip is built into the battery, not the phone. In order to retain NFC abilities (Google Wallet), you need to buy a replacement battery with the antenna built in.

if you don't use that feature then probably go with the less expensive one?

probably back up your data and do a factory reset and replace the battery, apps running and other crap is what drains the battery.

I bought a new battery for my S2 for the same reason. I found it made no difference, it might be the phone software and build up of background data that is causing it.

I gave in an upgraded to an s5 recently which has great battery life. I'd put good money on it being just as crap in about a years time though!

here's the difference

Near Field Communication. In the S3, the antenna for the NFC chip is built into the battery, not the phone. In order to retain NFC abilities (Google Wallet), you need to buy a replacement battery with the antenna built in.

probably back up your data and do a factory reset and replace the battery, apps running and other crap is what drains the battery.

here's the difference

so essentially if i buy the cheaper battery i won't be able to use any NFC features? so far, i don't think i ever have. I googled it, and apparently it's just for swiping to process payments and stuff like that.

would you recommend getting it anyway, or should i just go with the cheaper one?

I recommend resetting your phone to factory settings because apps and other crap on your phone are what's milking the battery, then replacing it.

maybe something like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-EB-L1G6LLA-Samsung-Galaxy-S-3-III-4G-i9300-Battery-NFC-2100-mAh-/191023656414?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Batteries&hash=item2c79e5adde

would be reasonable enough to suit your needs?