BUMBLEFOOT: I Really Should Have Paid More Attention To My Solo Career, Even When I Was In GN'R

I mean that fellow guitarists, music critics and progressive/virtuoso music fans knew him (and Bucket for that matter) before Guns.

Yeah, but there's a difference to people being aware that he's releasing CD's and people actually buying the CD's as well.

No one buys CD's anymore, anyway.

Ok but there is iTunes. So Axl could release music there. And he could add those new songs to the set list if they are on tour. Maybe Axl has good reasons for not playing new songs. It would nice to know what the problem is.

I mean that fellow guitarists, music critics and progressive/virtuoso music fans knew him (and Bucket for that matter) before Guns.

Yeah, but there's a difference to people being aware that he's releasing CD's and people actually buying the CD's as well.

not true

not true

Of course it's true, Pittman said it so it must be true

not true

Hey asshole, I don't need to know what Pitman thinks about it, just take your head out of your ass and look at some numbers. The drastic decline in cd sales is a fact. Record companies and artists don't make real money off of albums anymore, but mostly from live shows and merch.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

If Ron's leaving, he might have agreed to stay on until they find someone else. Maybe he stayed longer than he wanted to because he had really expensive medical bills and there was no way he could have been able to cover them on his own. I don't see him severing ties with band members he's developed friendships with and will probably get together and work with in the future, and he'd probably get together with Axl from time to time and be a special guest at some of their shows. That future actually sounds pretty good.

If Ron's leaving, he might have agreed to stay on until they find someone else. Maybe he stayed longer than he wanted to because he had really expensive medical bills and there was no way he could have been able to cover them on his own. I don't see him severing ties with band members he's developed friendships with and will probably get together and work with in the future, and he'd probably get together with Axl from time to time and be a special guest at some of their shows. That future actually sounds pretty good.

Does it though? potentially, another very talented guitarist leaves because Axl's too slow, or doesn't care, or crazy.

Does it though? potentially, another very talented guitarist leaves because Axl's too slow, or doesn't care, or crazy.

All of the above, if he cared that much he'd move heaven and earth to make sure these supposedly indispensable members stay.

• Like 1

Thing is what matters is the record, and it's probably great.

Okay so Ron becomes another casualty of war but surely there's another virtuoso who can play rock solos for money?

I could almost see them going Fortus and Dj. But maybe Axl will never come back or if he does Ron will be ready. He hasn't officially quit?

not true

Hey asshole, I don't need to know what Pitman thinks about it, just take your head out of your ass and look at some numbers. The drastic decline in cd sales is a fact. Record companies and artists don't make real money off of albums anymore, but mostly from live shows and merch.

Hey calm down man, I'm just joking around, I know sales of physical albums is nowhere near where it used to be, I also know that other bands dont use it as an excuse not to release music, that was all I was referring to, no need to resort to name calling

Okay so Ron becomes another casualty of war but surely there's another virtuoso who can play rock solos for money?

I could almost see them going Fortus and Dj. But maybe Axl will never come back or if he does Ron will be ready. He hasn't officially quit?

Maybe to most people, Bumble was never a real part of new Guns, but if it's true, and he's gone, it will change the chemistry in the band, and I've grown fond of Bumble as part of Guns, and I think he is capable as fuck and can help Axl with whatever music he's interested in making. Ron is the whole package if you really think about it.

Of course Axl can replace him, after all he replaced Bucket, but everytime a talented guitar player is lost, the identity of the band suffers from it imo, and the emotional attachment to the idea of this new Guns N' Roses is diluted and it feels like it's just faceless employees filling a blank spot, and it's not how I felt with Bumble once I got used to him and got to know him musically. He was always a Guns fan, he liked the songs, he is a hard rock/metal dude. He can be anything musically. Shame to give that up.

Edited by Rovim

All of the above, if he cared that much he'd move heaven and earth to make sure these supposedly indispensable members stay.

He fucked up with Bucket, and tried to convince him to return but it was too fuckin' late. Seems like either he didn't learn from that mistake, or he doesn't think very highly of Bumble as a musician. At least not enough to worry about it. Whatever the case may be, he's wrong imo. Momentum killer.

On bumbles twitter it says 'Guns n roses guitarist 2006 to 2014' ..... So that's our own questions answered people. He's out

I don't see it ...or am I blind ? :lol:
Well it's there , where his avatar thing is
Mabey it's not loading fast enough on my handy...guess I'll have to check on my PC

On bumbles twitter it says 'Guns n roses guitarist 2006 to 2014' ..... So that's our own questions answered people. He's out

Mabey it's not loading fast enough on my handy...guess I'll have to check on my PC

Um... That's the social media status thing we've been discussing for the last five days or so on http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/208429-goodbye-ron/

:lol:

Um... That's the social media status thing we've been discussing for the last five days or so on

:lol:

Hahahaha :lol: and I thought he changed it from 2006-2014 to 2006 "to" 2014

Maybe to most people, Bumble was never a real part of new Guns, but if it's true, and he's gone, it will change the chemistry in the band, and I've grown fond of Bumble as part of Guns, and I think he is capable as fuck and can help Axl with whatever music he's interested in making. Ron is the whole package if you really think about it.

Of course Axl can replace him, after all he replaced Bucket, but everytime a talented guitar player is lost, the identity of the band suffers from it imo, and the emotional attachment to the idea of this new Guns N' Roses is diluted and it feels like it's just faceless employees filling a blank spot, and it's not how I felt with Bumble once I got used to him and got to know him musically. He was always a Guns fan, he liked the songs, he is a hard rock/metal dude. He can be anything musically. Shame to give that up.

I don't think Axl wanted to be in that position again where 1 guitarist has that much power. he may have even said that, he said something about never wanting to not have material in the bank like after UYI.

Definitely Ron is an asset, but not sure if he's irreplaceable. Having not written anything as yet. Bucket only wrote 3? Shack, Scrpaed, Sorry? Robin only wrote Better, SOD. So Ron became part of machine for CD.

For me GNR is Axl's vocals and melodies and lyrics for the most part.

It's unfortunate for Ron that he came in after the main bulk of writing and recording was done, and so much was done. But he played a lot on CD.

Axl seems like he was happy with what he did on CD. That rhythm on Chi dem is sick and Shackler's solo is cool with me, I don't really have a problem with Catcher solo especially as May wasn't even happy with his solo. Ron plays the solo on Atlas Shrugged supposedly. Hopefully he can hang in there but with no new writing really going to happen it makes sense he might want out, maybe he's made enough money.

Maybe if they put out CD II, Axl will gearing up a new guitarist for whatever he wants to do next. Maybe Ron is bucking for promotion rather than really wanting to leave. But history has shown that a new project will ring the changes.

not true

Hey calm down man, I'm just joking around, I know sales of physical albums is nowhere near where it used to be, I also know that other bands dont use it as an excuse not to release music, that was all I was referring to, no need to resort to name calling

Wanna just quote that bit of my own post again as well as those who answered me - I was just messing around, like I usually do now. Yes, I think people talk too much about album sales rather than quality of the music they're listening to, but I was ultimately trolling the GnR fanbase when I said that they're like mainstream music fans because I, unfortunately, don't take Guns seriously anymore and I think that Ron should leave this mess asap, and I jumped on the "reunion" bandwagon - and unless the next guitarist is Buckethead, for obvious reasons, or Guthrie, so he can be a nice replacement for Ron, I won't be following Guns like I do. However, I seriously doubt that both would ever consider joining Guns and I doubt that a reunion would happen at this point, so Axl is possibly giving up on this band himself. Actually I think that since late 2010 he's had enough of his own "solo" venture. All in all - I truly believe that Ron is gone and as his fan I'd be happy to see him doing something other than playing the same songs night after night.

• Like 1