Slash & Myles Covering Rocket Queen

Tom-Ass

Myles, without a doubt, would win over anyone, those reality shows like American Idol or The Voice. But in the rocknroll school, he's got all to lose. Myles Kennedy lacks ROCK N ROLL in his veins. He's a dull post. He lacks AZUCAR.

Axl may be fat, old, drunk, out of tune or lazy, but he's a rock icon, a legend, a REAL rocker. He came from the streets. He exuded rawness, anger, rage. That's what you need to sing GNR songs.

I will never ever like what Myles Kennedy does when he covers GNR because he's not a real rocker and I don't like 'softies'. He's an average singer who can hit really high notes. And that's all there is to him.

This...

I'm listening to world on Fire. And it Kicks ass but Myles... Meh. He doesn't completely ruin it. But he Adds NOTHING to the Tracks... where you take GNR songs and take Axl Out, they're not as good. If anything an instrumental version of World on Fire Might be even Better.

• Like 1

There's no way when Axl is having his now patented off patches that he's superior to a decent sounding Kennedy, I believe Axl could sing Alter Bridge and Slash material excellently whilst Myles sounds just 'good' on Axl's (which is no slight, this is Axl Rose after all).

Axl would sound awful on Alter Bridge songs. Even worse on The Mayfield Four songs (Myles in his prime).

Edited by Timotheus

I don't like Myles voice. Haven't watched too many videos to judge his stage presence. I just consider him one more guy covering an Axl song so it doesn't bother me a bit what he does or doesn't do on stage. Why would I care? Because he plays with Slash? Nah.

Now Axl. Well, he IS a singer that I used to adore. A guy I know is able to do some amazing stuff on stage when he's into it. A guy who I followed and considered an inspiration. So his shittiness matters more to me. Simple as that.

If I were to choose between watching Axl or Myles doing GNR, it would be Myles, as would be any other singer who can still breath while singing and doesn't look to be having a heart attack every 30 seconds. Am I the only who feels really uncomfortable watching Axl nowadays?

You see, Myles is not special, Axl is. But he's really fat, sounds awful (worse than Myles), his slow motion dance moves all now look ridiculous. I am an Axl fan, not a Myles fan. So I care about the real deal.

As for Myles' boring stage presence... Well, I guess he's used to have a guitar on his hand so it must be awkward for him to just stand there. He's a very talented guitar player as well, better than Ashba and Fortus probably. Alter Bridge is a cool band.

Edited by ProstituteComa
  • Like 1

Yeah I wish Myles always had a guitar in his hand.

He's not physical or a dancer or sexual or anything a great frontman is haha.... but with a guitar he'd get closer.

I feel like he's Slash's ideal "shut up and sing" frontman, though. No drama, his voice is always on point, never really makes waves. That's why, especially after hearing his Eddie Trunk interview, I doubt we'll hear much non-conspirators Slash material for at least 5 years. VR is never finding a singer and I doubt AB or The Conspirators will get big enough to change the status quo.

Edited by Ant

Axl comes way closer than Myles ever will. Each and every time.

Not in this decade of this century. I'll give you 1991.
Every single second of every single minute of every single hour of every single day of every single week of every single month of every single year of every single decade of every single century of every single millenium of every single eon of every single whatever the fuck comes after that, Axl completely wipes the floor with Myles. Edited by Damn_Smooth
  • Like 3

Every single second of every single minute of every single hour of every single day of every single week of every single month of every single year of every single decade of every single century of every single millenium of every single eon of every single whatever the fuck comes after that, Axl completely wipes the floor with Myles.

I feel so sorry for you.

Every single second of every single minute of every single hour of every single day of every single week of every single month of every single year of every single decade of every single century of every single millenium of every single eon of every single whatever the fuck comes after that, Axl completely wipes the floor with Myles.

I feel so sorry for you.

You shouldn't. I have no sympathy for you whatsoever.

I feel so sorry for you.

Didn't expect any. You love being right so much that you don't even care to open your mind a little bit. It's laughable.

I feel so sorry for you.

Didn't expect any. You love being right so much that you don't even care to open your mind a little bit. It's laughable.

Open my mind to the whining shit vocals of Myles so I can appease some nerdy Slash fans on the internet? I'll pass. I'd rather go deaf. Thanks for the offer though, it is appreciated.

P.S. There is no right or wrong when it comes to opinions. I would never expect to change yours, and you're sure as hell not going to change mine.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

I feel so sorry for you.
Open my mind to the whining shit vocals of Myles so I can appease some nerdy Slash fans on the internet? I'll pass. I'd rather go deaf. Thanks for the offer though, it is appreciated.

P.S. There is no right or wrong when it comes to opinions. I would never expect to change yours, and you're sure as hell not going to change mine.

Opinions can be changed. I originally thought anything Axl did after the original GNR broke up sucked, but I've been proven wrong about that. There's a lot more to enjoy if you open your mind a little.

I feel so sorry for you.

Opinions can be changed. I originally thought anything Axl did after the original GNR broke up sucked, but I've been proven wrong about that. There's a lot more to enjoy if you open your mind a little.

There is nothing to open. I've tried listening to Myles more than enough times to know that I'm never going to change my mind about how bad he sucks. You honestly think I haven't? Just because I think Slash has been nothing but a huge letdown after leaving Guns doesn't mean that he's not still my favorite guitarist of all time. I honestly want to like his solo work, but when something offends me as much as Myles voice does I'm not going to change my opinion of it. He ruins Slash for me to the point that I can't even appreciate Slash if he does do something decent.
  • Like 1

I feel so sorry for you.

There is nothing to open. I've tried listening to Myles more than enough times to know that I'm never going to change my mind about how bad he sucks. You honestly think I haven't? Just because I think Slash has been nothing but a huge letdown after leaving Guns doesn't mean that he's not still my favorite guitarist of all time. I honestly want to like his solo work, but when something offends me as much as Myles voice does I'm not going to change my opinion of it. He ruins Slash for me to the point that I can't even appreciate Slash if he does do something decent.

Fair enough. Have fun spreading your negativity around then!