If Axl publicly expressed interest in a reunion and Slash refused, how would you feel?

ShadowOfTheWave

Bucket did come out once and say it was because Axl refused to finish a record etc. So if Axl lays out CD 2 is coming out let's tour it, I still have your yellow raincoat.

But Finck doesn't really write in NIn? He tours and when it's over Axl might tempt him with another tour playing Better and a new song.

I know it's delusional but we keep talking about a full blown reunion too. It's all relative I guess.

At least Finck n Bucket know the material. If Ron goes Id go to them first for sure.

Buckethead didn't, his representatives did. Do you realize that it's been 10 years since he left? And that CD II would include 10-year-old Buckethead solos or riffs?

Why would you want Finck back if you have DJ Ashba on the lead guitar? If Finck is back, Ashba has to go. Not that I care, but I think Ashba has a fanbase, and another line-up change doesn't make sense to me.

Yes, hoping for CD II is damn delusional just like hoping for a reunion. None of them will happen.

Axl tried to get Buckethead back before Ron joined. Didn't happen. If Ron is gone, they will have to start looking for another guitarist. Buckethead is never coming back.

And regardless of how many times DS repeats Bucket left because Tommy was bullying him, it's clear BH only left because Axl refused to release the music he created.

:lol: Keep telling yourself that.
  • Like 1

Link to Buckethead's explanation for leaving? I'll wait.....

"No answer" is the best we have.

From Tommy's side, he says BH leaving was the best thing that could ever happen. Probably because Axl was becoming more and more interested in BH amazing skills than Tommy's knowledge of six musical notes. As for Tommy bullying BH, I have no idea what's the origin for that story...

From Tommy's side, he says BH leaving was the best thing that could ever happen. Probably because Axl was becoming more and more interested in BH amazing skills than Tommy's knowledge of six musical notes. As for Tommy bullying BH, I have no idea what's the origin for that story...

It's seemed obvious over the years that Buckethead's issues with GNR had something to do with Axl's laziness. He acts as if GNR never existed.

It's seemed obvious over the years that Buckethead's issues with GNR had something to do with Axl's laziness. He acts as if GNR never existed.

Not only him but all the original members, Finck, Freese, Brain... They all left because of Axl. Or did Tommy bully all of them as well? :lol:

Not only him but all the original members, Finck, Freese, Brain... They all left because of Axl. Or did Tommy bully all of them as well? :lol:

It couldn't be Axl's fault.

[Axl] I don't even speak to my band members so how could I have driven them off?![/Axl]

Having listened to more of Appetite for Democracy than I care to admit I hope Slash tells him to get lost. I don't want to see the original line-up fronted by the embarrassment that is Axl Rose.

Amazing how professional recorded audio makes his voice sound even worse! I think I prefer those Youtube videos filmed from cell phones. Axl should have retired in 2010.

:lol: They told you this, did they?

I can just imagine the hype of a reunion being destroyed in one go by a performance at some major TV event where the band try not to look mortified as Axl levitates on his magic piano looking like a drugged out obese koala bear and sounding like Mickey Mouse having consumed rat poison.

funny-koala-sleeping-in-tree-snap.jpg

Just stick a yellow raincoat and fedora on this guy and you get the picture.

Need more convincing....tell me he does not look like a sleepy koala bear

axl-rose-old.jpg

Edited by Facekicker
  • Like 1

Nope, they told the press. :)

Edited by ProstituteComa

Nope,they told the press. :)

They told the press?

Anybody else hear of this?

I can remember comments from them where they mention how things weren't moving forward and decided to leave. Maybe Brain didn't, I'm not sure.

Not that they needed to mention the lack of productivity to justify their departures. 1 album in 20 years makes things pretty obvious.

Edited by ProstituteComa

I can remember comments from them where they mention how things weren't moving forward and decided to leave. Maybe Brain didn't, I'm not sure.

Not that they needed to mention the lack of productivity to justify their departures. 1 album in 20 years makes things pretty obvious.

I seem to remember everyone that has given an interview speaking very highly of Axl. That's probably part of their gag order though, right?

I seem to remember everyone that has given an interview speaking very highly of Axl. That's probably part of their gag order though, right?

Yeah, Josh Freese himself said recently it was a tough decision to leave Axl's band because he was having fun in the studio (lots of toys for him to play I guess), but in the end, these guys want their songs released and they end up leaving... regardless of how nice Axl was to them.

Yeah, Josh Freese himself said recently it was a tough decision to leave Axl's band because he was having fun in the studio (lots of toys for him to play I guess), but in the end, these guys want their songs released and they end up leaving... regardless of how nice Axl was to them.

Where were you when Bucket's friend paid us a visit? He didn't have a gag order.

Where were you when Bucket's friend paid us a visit? He didn't have a gag order.

THE "LLLL" (or something like that) guy?

I remember reading all his posts... Wonder if there's any true to them. He's the source for the Tommy, the bully story?

I remember reading all his posts... Wonder if there's any true to them. He's the source for the Tommy, the bully story?

Yup.

Him and Ron.

So if the bullying thing is that much of the reason for Buckethead leaving, that's just pathetic. Pathetic as in I can't believe that the most dangerous band has become the most soft and hypersensitive band.

Axl's typical craziness for decades

Buckethead leaving because of meanies.

Ashba parading his #bullyville shit everywhere

Vibe sniffing

The whole slash shirt confusion incident

Axl severing friendships over any connection with Slash

The ridiculous spectacle over the HOF

Lashing out at their own fans

Just "LOL"

Edited by Rustycage
  • Like 1

Yup.

Him and Ron.

If that's the case axl should have fired Tommy.

This what his department had to say about his departure:

Guitarist Buckethead has officially left GUNS N' ROSES. According to MTV.com, Buckethead became fed up with GUNS' inability to complete an album or tour and stopped working the group late last year, his manager said.

Although Buckethead appeared on the green carpet at the Grammy Awards last month and was introduced by PARLIAMENT/FUNKADELIC bassist Bootsy Collins as a member of GUNS N' ROSES, he had already told GUNS frontman Axl Rose he no longer wanted to be in the band, the manager told MTV.com.

The guitarist will now focus on numerous projects, including two solo albums — "Population Overdrive" and "Cuckoo Clocks of Hell" — which are due this summer.

GUNS N' ROSES are scheduled to headline the Rock in Rio festival in Lisbon, Portugal, on May 30. It is unclear whether the band will have a new guitarist by then. GUNS N' ROSES' label would not comment on Buckethead's departure, according to MTV.com.

And this is what cry baby still-bitter never-wrong Axl Rose said after that:

A Message from W. Axl Rose

LISBON, Portugal--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 30, 2004--Guns N' Roses will not be performing as scheduled at Rock In Rio - Lisbon.

The band has been put in an untenable position by guitarist Buckethead and his untimely departure. During his tenure with the band Buckethead has been inconsistent and erratic in both his behavior and commitment - despite being under contract - creating uncertainty and confusion and making it virtually impossible to move forward with recording, rehearsals and live plans with confidence. His transient lifestyle has made it impossible for even his closest friends to have nearly any form of communication with him whatsoever. Last time I talked to Bucket, he called to tell me he had bought a bootleg DVD off EBay and how proud he was to be in Guns and how impressed he was with everyone's performance. Then, in February we got word from Brain that Bucket had called him and said he was back in Guns!? Apparently, according to Bucket he had been "Gone" but had turned himself around and was really excited to do Rio-Lisbon and a European tour. Somewhere in the following month things changed once again. According to those who have actually spoken with Buckethead it appears his plans were to secure a recording contract with Sanctuary Records which I encouraged my management to make available to him, quit GN'R and to use his involvement in the upcoming Guns release to immediately promote his individual efforts...Nice guy!

There is not a member of this camp that is not hurt, upset and ultimately disappointed by this event, and more to the point - if not this individual, certainly this individual's choices. Regardless of anyone's opinions of me and what I may or may not deserve, clearly the fans, individuals in this band, management, crew and our support group do not deserve this type of treatment. We as a whole, definitely feel that we afforded Bucket every accommodation perhaps so much so that it may be that we or more precisely, I may have done Guns a disservice and unintentionally allowed Guns to be put in this position.

On behalf of Guns N' Roses and myself I apologize to the fans who planned to see us at Rock In Rio - Lisbon. The festival and its tradition mean a lot to me personally and I sincerely do not enjoy being robbed by one of our own of the opportunity to be the first artist to play it for the third time. I would also like to express my gratitude to those who chose to embrace Buckethead's role in Guns and support our new line up. We greatly appreciate Bucket's contributions and remain open to "discussions" as there are obviously several issues to resolve. In the meantime rather than dwelling on the negative, Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further. Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months.

Sincerely,

W. Axl Rose

The Festival will shortly announce the name of a new headliner to perform with EVANESCENCE, KINGS OF LEON and XUTOS E PONTAPES amongst others

:rolleyes:

Edited by Nosaj Thing
  • Like 1

Things change in rock, we've seen it with countless reunions.

I was actually talking about a smaller snippet Bucket did after CD came out. His main point was Axl couldn't finish a record. It was the endless delays. Axl did another statement where he was more forgiving.

Didn't really say I wanted it. Just said Finck/Bucket are options. Then everyone went crazy how it could never happen.

Bucket did a small interview clearing up why he left. I could imagine him not being that easy to get on. Especially with the more down to earth members.

I could imagine Duff much easier. Tommy can't so he gets the call and accepts.

If Ron can't seems like bigger problem. Gilby could come in and Fortus go to lead.

What a band that would be.

Edited by wasted