The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

They beat Barca in the group stages in 1 of the 2 games. You're underestimating them.

They played 2 seasons ago as well, both matches were score draws and Barca only progressed on away goals.

Edited by AtariLegend

So...Theo Walcott wants a raise in pay, upwards of 100,000. Has anybody stopped for a moment and gone, OK Theo, fair dues you want extra money but can you answer this? What have you done since your last pay rise that you feel in a substantial enough contribution to warrant that shit? Oh oh, can i answer? Fuck all is what. Is this boy actually all there upstairs or what? I mean i love him to bits and everything but i dunno what fuckin' face he's gonna go up to the head office with asking for a payrise, what have you actually done? First bit of silverware is just about a decade and you had fuck all to do with it, other than that he's hardly made a peep, it's not like he's some fuckin' consistent reliable 20 goals a season character, who does he think he is? He comes from a long line of Liverpool supporters too and i hear they're interested, i reckon we should fuck him off, if he was gonna come good he would've done it by now, let him go if he wants to fuckin' go, pop off to Liverpool, Anfield has a way of putting these fuckin' nifty little flair merchants out of whack, just as Torres. And thats not a diss on Liverpool, it's just like that, must be something about the way they play their game but if you ain't a strong guy over at Anfield you find yourself drowning real fast.

So...Theo Walcott wants a raise in pay, upwards of 100,000. Has anybody stopped for a moment and gone, OK Theo, fair dues you want extra money but can you answer this? What have you done since your last pay rise that you feel in a substantial enough contribution to warrant that shit? Oh oh, can i answer? Fuck all is what. Is this boy actually all there upstairs or what? I mean i love him to bits and everything but i dunno what fuckin' face he's gonna go up to the head office with asking for a payrise, what have you actually done? First bit of silverware is just about a decade and you had fuck all to do with it, other than that he's hardly made a peep, it's not like he's some fuckin' consistent reliable 20 goals a season character, who does he think he is? He comes from a long line of Liverpool supporters too and i hear they're interested, i reckon we should fuck him off, if he was gonna come good he would've done it by now, let him go if he wants to fuckin' go, pop off to Liverpool, Anfield has a way of putting these fuckin' nifty little flair merchants out of whack, just as Torres. And thats not a diss on Liverpool, it's just like that, must be something about the way they play their game but if you ain't a strong guy over at Anfield you find yourself drowning real fast.

Wasn't Chelsea that ruined Torres?

Nah Torres was awesome for most of his spell at Liverpool until the end.

You're on crack if you're saying Liverpool ruined Torres. He was at his peak at Liverpool, he had a iffy final half season due to a injury which ironically was still better than his time at Chelsea.

On the other hand Ibra is out of the first game. And Barca was definitely not in the form they're in now, back when they first met.

PSG play better when Cavani/Ibra aren't in the same line up. Ibra is awesome at times, but he and Cavani don't mesh.

Nah Torres was awesome for most of his spell at Liverpool until the end.

You're on crack if you're saying Liverpool ruined Torres. He was at his peak at Liverpool, he had a iffy final half season due to a injury which ironically was still better than his time at Chelsea.

Look, i wasn't trying to slag off Liverpool or anything, i have a lot of respect for Liverpool, always have, they're a team that I would love to see success but there was a lot of talk around at the time that Torres was bought back too quick from injury and suffered as a result. Now whatever the reality of the situation none of us really know, it's all just what we read innit but he was never really the full ticket again was he? But yeah, he was at his peak at Liverpool, i agree.

YESSSSSS!!!! COME ON!!!!!!!! Sturridge is a Rudie!! Calm as a fuckin' coma in front of goal :D One more, one more, make it Balotelli please!

Someone give Atkinson a fuckin' United shirt and just have done with it!

Edited by Len B'stard