The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

Im kinda glad Arsenal went out when they did after clocking these results, imagine my poor delicate little Arsenal against those fuckin' monsters :lol:

Actually, fuck em, we done at the Allianz before, we'd fuckin' do it again!

*wakes up face down in a bowl of cornflakes, breathing bubbles in the milk* :lol:

I was reading that Man City are charging £1,700 for season tickets.

BBC a few months ago said the average Southend season ticket was dearer than Citys. Unless something's changed, it was brought up alot about City being cheap compared to the other sides.

I'm not a City fan, just saying though.

I was reading that Man City are charging £1,700 for season tickets.

BBC a few months ago said the average Southend season ticket was dearer than Citys. Unless something's changed, it was brought up alot about City being cheap compared to the other sides.

I'm not a City fan, just saying though.

It was this. Certain fans saw their renewals doubled. The club had a defense, about certain cheaper season tickets which are cheaper than club x. But a few supporters feel shafted.

The price differences are quite different, club by club: from £1.895 for the best seat at White Hart Lane, to £299 for the cheapest seat at Man City! Have a look at the graph here,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/11556668/Premier-League-season-ticket-prices-cut-or-frozen-for-2015-16.html

Arsenal seem the biggest rip as they do not seem to have a genuine cheaper seat option. Is this what you pay Len? £2,013 or £1. 014 to see the Gooners?

Oh, you just pay on a game to game basis? I know it is also a question of waiting because the people who buy them renew every year. I also think this affects normal match day tickets. I remember somebody who had a season ticket for St James saying that Premiership games are nearly all season ticket holders, i.e. you cannot just stroll up there and buy a ticket. He was telling me that the only chance a non season ticket holder has of buying a match day ticket is a FA or League cup match or some sort of pre-season friendly.

Arsenals lowest is nearly as much as Chelsea's highest. Makes Arsenal even more of a rip off when you consider what CHELSEA and Arsenal have won over the last 10 years.

What that tells me is Chelsea need a new stadium soon.

Wait 2 months and you'll know more on that one ;)

It is definitely much better supporting lower league and non-league teams such as Macclesfield and Kettering Town. If I was a bigger football fan than I am, I would definitely support a non league side before Newcastle United or Sunderland. Think about it for a second. You have as much chance as winning your league as any of the teams in the premiership have of winning the premiership. Premiership or Conference? Whats the difference really outside cash and extra foreigners? You get respect and a cup in either scenario. And if it is about being the best-of-the-best, top dog, there are only three-four sides which can hypothetical claim that prize anyway. Southport to all intents and purposes have as much chance of winning the Premiership/FA Cup/CL than Newcastle, Spurs or West Ham. You basically have a mini-league at the top there which is closed off to everybody else.

And if you do not support Man U or Chelsea, nobody can accuse you of being a twat.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Hey, my other team could win the Conference this year - 1 point off top!

Pity they charge £13 a game - I refuse to pay that to watch non league football.

In all honesty that price does not surprise me. My local club play in the Northern Premier League Premier Division (two tiers below the Conference Premiership) and charge £10.

Champions League semifinals:

Bayern - Barcelona

Real - Juventus

Again I'm robbed of a Bayern - Barcelona final :(

Although it doesn't look likely I really want Juve in the final!

Last time we played Real Madrid in the semi:

A repeat would do nicely

Edited by sturginho

Bayern - Barcelona

Real - Juventus

A repeat would do nicely

Neved was awesome and one of my favourite players when I started watching football regularly, but so was half that Madrid team... that unfortunately could never defend

Never understood why Madrid didn't try to buy Neved before Beckham, even if it would have cost more.

It's up to Buffon and Neuer to be heroes.

Hopefully Munich do more than just pass/pass/pass against a big team. Hope Pep has learnt from last season.

Bayern - Barcelona

Real - Juventus

A repeat would do nicely

I think that may actually be my favorite game of all I've seen.

I really liked Juventus around that time, some of my favorite players (Nedved, Inzaghi, Del Piero, Davids, Zidane etc.) played for them in those years, late 90s, early 2000s.

So if Liverpool had won yesterday... and kept winning the relatively winnable games until the end of the season, we'd finish above United assuming Arsenal beat them in a few weeks.

No chance now, even United lose again to Arsenal we'd never match the goal difference.

Bayern - Barcelona

Real - Juventus

A repeat would do nicely

I think that may actually be my favorite game of all I've seen.

I really liked Juventus around that time, some of my favorite players (Nedved, Inzaghi, Del Piero, Davids, Zidane etc.) played for them in those years, late 90s, early 2000s.

The QF between Madrid/United that year was the match most people remember. Shame Neved missed the final.

The QF between Madrid/United that year was the match most people remember. Shame Neved missed the final.

I had to scratch my head that year at how United handled Juve pretty easily in Turin in the earlier rounds, but that same Juve took out the Madrid team that eliminated us.

I had to scratch my head that year at how United handled Juve pretty easily in Turin in the earlier rounds, but that same Juve took out the Madrid team that eliminated us.

May i introduce you to the only English team to win at the Bernabau? :D