The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

FC Barcelona: TerStegen; Alves, Piqué, Mascherano, Alba; Rakitic, Busquets, Iniesta; Messi, Luis Suárez & Neymar.

Bayern Munich: Neuer; Rafinha, Boateng, Benatia, Bernat; Schweinsteiger, Xabi Alonso, Thiago Alcántara; Lahm, Lewandowski & Müller.

Edited by supercool

Ouch. Bayern got Messi'd.

Too hard without Robben. They barely had any offensive strength. Not only did they lack what it is Robben provides, but it also meant Muller had to play right wing instead of supporting striker. There was a huge gap between Lewandowski and the rest of his team. They weren't bad for most of the game but 'not bad' isn't enough in the Champions League semifinals. Still, they didn't deserve to lost by 3 goals.

It must be nice to have Messi to fall back on. Even if the rest of the team isn't playing great there's always a good chance he can create a goal out of nothing at all, instantly and with no warning.

Very entertaining game!

You need to watch more Maradonna games then my lad. In fact, sod them both and watch Pele, that guy was a fucking monster. On the flipside though i don't agree with those old timers that won't even entertain the notion that Messi is even in their league, thats ridiculous, he's up there but Pele was something else. Aside from all the fuckin' skills and tricks and free flowing make-it-look-easy way that Pele played, FUCK ME did he have strength, he would fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckin' LEATHER that ball and just send it shooting in, like a fuckin' rocket. The sheer power of it I've not seen in football since.

Garrincha was a legend. He also had a drink problem.

Brazil have produced some players, Garrincha, Pele, Tostao, Socrates, Carlos Alberto, the list goes on.

Maradonna was the best though. You should have seen some of the tackles he got though. Ouch.

Garrincha was a legend. He also had a drink problem.

Brazil have produced some players, Garrincha, Pele, Tostao, Socrates, Carlos Alberto, the list goes on.

Maradonna was the best though. You should have seen some of the tackles he got though. Ouch.

That's one thing I admire about Messi, he never goes down no matter how he gets tagged. Maradona spent half his career face down on the grass from the same type of tackles.

I've seen Messi dive before, I remember a young 17 year old Messi diving against Chelsea in the champions league, I've seen him dive a few times against Madrid and others. He doesn't do it as often as others, but he does dive now and again. I was going to post a video of youtube, but they're filled all filled with silly music and stupid Ronaldo vs. Messi content.