The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

I'm glad the US got involved in this. Feels important to national security or freedom or something. Especially since soccer is so huge in the States.

As if Europeans would do anything that would be a detriment to FIFA. Americans don't care about soccer, hence it makes sense that it would be the U.S. to take on FIFA.

If I were Scotland Yard investigator, I'd probably have to take a long look at myself and ask why my police authority wasn't involved.

I'm glad the US got involved in this. Feels important to national security or freedom or something. Especially since soccer is so huge in the States.

As if Europeans would do anything that would be a detriment to FIFA. Americans don't care about soccer, hence it makes sense that it would be the U.S. to take on FIFA.

If I were Scotland Yard investigator, I'd probably have to take a long look at myself and ask why my police authority wasn't involved.

I just don't see why we made this a priority. Press conferences with the AG and shit? This is a political stunt.

I just don't see why we made this a priority. Press conferences with the AG and shit? This is a political stunt.

You don't see the importance of kicking sand in Putin's eyes by questioning the 2018 World Cup, along with fucking with one of the only sports American's neither care about nor are very good at?

• Like 1

You don't see the importance of kicking sand in Putin's eyes by questioning the 2018 World Cup, along with fucking with one of the only sports American's neither care about nor are very good at?

Iran offered publicly as well to help Qatar with holding the tournament along with the UAE. Blatter was all for it not too long ago.

Some people convinced already the US will use this to screw over Russia holding the tournament and ignore the reasonably questionable part about Qatar.

Yeah, but some people are stupid.

On another subject, magisme, you are good deducing what posts are related to yours. As good as Iker Casillas trying to stop Messi from scoring a goal.

Some people convinced already the US will use this to screw over Russia holding the tournament and ignore the reasonably questionable part about Qatar.

Yeah, but some people are stupid.

On another subject, magisme, you are good deducing what posts are related to yours. As good as Iker Casillas trying to stop Messi from scoring a goal.

You're not fooling anyone.

We all know the tension between Russia and its friends and the US and its friends, but if I really wanted to screw up Russia I would allow them to organise all the World Cups they wanted and more. It's just a big waste of money.

Reason: Brazil

But it's Obama, logic has nothing to do here.

The threat of being thrown out of FIFA has been enough to dissuade local police forces from probing too much. FBI clearly doesn't give a rat's about the possibility of being thrown out of FIFA.

Also if it took the USA losing their bid to host 2022 to make the FBI take notice then why is that a bad thing? At least they have decided to do something about it, which is more than anybody else has bothered to do

One of the biggest mistakes made by Englishmen was leaving it to the frogs to organise football's international governing body.

You really want the English FA running FIFA?

Youth investment would be rubbish and there'd be 2 World Cups every few years, never mind extra teams. They can't manage football outside of TV deals, look at the England national team and it's future.

One of the biggest mistakes made by Englishmen was leaving it to the frogs to organise football's international governing body.

You really want the English FA running FIFA?

Youth investment would be rubbish and there'd be 2 World Cups every few years, never mind extra teams. They can't manage football outside of TV deals, look at the England national team and it's future.

Well it would not be the FA since the FA represents English domestic football. The last point is true but academic since England were a good-excellent side up until 1970 and it is a rewriting of history we are talking about here.

They didn't want any part of global football. As far as they were concerned the world was not on their level and they would never venture outside their own neighbourhood. It was just not an issue at the time.

• Like 1

They didn't want any part of global football. As far as they were concerned the world was not on their level and they would never venture outside their own neighbourhood. It was just not an issue at the time.

That is true. The English found it odd why a bunch of foreigners would wish to compete internationally. In those days, international football consisted exclusively of the Home Championship. That is also one of the reasons why England did not even bother to send a team to the first three FIFA World Cups.

Swansea lucked out. It happens.

Has anyone seen the tackle that Maradonna got in Spain that broke his ankle? Or Fenwick against England?

Fenwick missed. Jimmy Greaves was complaining saying if Brian Kilcline was on the edge of the box Maradonna would be the first Argentian on the moon.

Swansea lucked out. It happens.

Has anyone seen the tackle that Maradonna got in Spain that broke his ankle? Or Fenwick against England?

Fenwick missed. Jimmy Greaves was complaining saying if Brian Kilcline was on the edge of the box Maradonna would be the first Argentian on the moon.

Disappointing election results, even though it was expected. Heard Prince Ali said afterwards that he conceded because he "didn't want to get the 73 nations who took a stand and voted for him in any more trouble." Pretty much sums up the mafia feelings with the way things are.

Excited to see Gedion Zelalem with the U.S. tonight. Isn't his debut, but will be the first time he's televised here with the U-20 national team.

Disappointing election results, even though it was expected. Heard Prince Ali said afterwards that he conceded because he "didn't want to get the 73 nations who took a stand and voted for him in any more trouble." Pretty much sums up the mafia feelings with the way things are.

Excited to see Gedion Zelalem with the U.S. tonight. Isn't his debut, but will be the first time he's televised here with the U-20 national team.

m

Why is he such a big deal to yous?

m

Why is he such a big deal to yous?

Not a lot of US prospects come up through major European youth systems, particularly one of Arsenal's caliber. It's exciting to see this next generation for the US having some talent that was brought up in high level European systems, while the American infrastructure is improved.