The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

I got a lot of respect for West Ham actually. If i was from up north I'd support Liverpool. Probably a good chance I'd've been a Liverpool supporter were it not for my Dad and older brother who are faithful Arsenal supporters, my Dads supported Arsenal since the late 60s. I say i would've probably supported Liverpool because kids that don't have any familial or regional attachment just tend to go for whatever the big team of the day is and in my day it was Liverpool.

Back during the Barnes Ian Rush era?

Arsenal always struck me as rather 'French' and poncified. There is rarely an Englishman on the entire team. Play attractive looking football mind.

Exactly yeah! And i just love the Anfield atmosphere (how it looks on the telly anyway).

I've always thought of Arsenal as the quintessential English team, we're the one thats been most consistently in the top flight of English football, we have a rich history of success from like 30s, 50s, 70s, 90s, 00s. We were actually the solid reliable (some would say boring) team. One nil to the Arsenal and all that. I remember when Wenger took over and the French and poncified thing began and people in school would be like 'yeah, you would support Arsenal cuz it's full of foreigners, you need a passport to get into Highbury these days!' and all that :lol: There's even a London tube station named after us, we're even the first football team to have a film made about us 'The Arsenal Stadium Mystery', some point in the 1930s.

Our team better reflects the national character than any other squad out there, proud as anything to be an Arsenal supporter, i really am :) And being as how we've got our roots in South London, Woolwich and all that, believe it or not we still have a solid fanbase there based on that old association. Seems amazing that that could be possible, it having been over a century since the move but it is very true.

Edited by Len B'stard

I got a lot of respect for West Ham actually. If i was from up north I'd support Liverpool. Probably a good chance I'd've been a Liverpool supporter were it not for my Dad and older brother who are faithful Arsenal supporters, my Dads supported Arsenal since the late 60s. I say i would've probably supported Liverpool because kids that don't have any familial or regional attachment just tend to go for whatever the big team of the day is and in my day it was Liverpool.

Ironically it was Arsenal in 89 that played a part in helping end the Liverpool era of all conquering success.

Back during the Barnes Ian Rush era?

Arsenal always struck me as rather 'French' and poncified. There is rarely an Englishman on the entire team. Play attractive looking football mind.

Exactly yeah! And i just love the Anfield atmosphere (how it looks on the telly anyway).

I've always thought of Arsenal as the quintessential English team, we're the one thats been most consistently in the top flight of English football, we have a rich history of success from like 30s, 50s, 70s, 90s, 00s. We were actually the solid reliable (some would say boring) team. One nil to the Arsenal and all that. I remember when Wenger took over and the French and poncified thing began and people in school would be like 'yeah, you would support Arsenal cuz it's full of foreigners, you need a passport to get into Highbury these days!' and all that :lol: There's even a London tube station named after us, we're even the first football team to have a film made about us 'The Arsenal Stadium Mystery', some point in the 1930s.

Our team better reflects the national character than any other squad out there, proud as anything to be an Arsenal supporter, i really am :) And being as how we've got our roots in South London, Woolwich and all that, believe it or not we still have a solid fanbase there based on that old association. Seems amazing that that could be possible, it having been over a century since the move but it is very true.

Full of French poofs, init?

This girl I used to go out with in London grew up near Highbury. I used to live up there with her for a little while in Crouch End near Finsbury Park tube. Her whole family are proper arsenal fans. Her dad has worked for the club for 30 odd years in doing various things, admin stuff. He lives in a flat that's actually part of the grounds that the Emirates is in, cos there's loads of apartments they build around there. Nice bloke Pat, loved a bet. He got me into the museum part to have a look round. There's a photo of me i posted on here outside the stadium by that big picture of all the ex players with their backs turned im wearing a pair of arsenal shorts id been given by either him or her brother at a bbq we'd had. Even got a gunners wallet. Didn't have the heart to tell him im more of a Cardiff fan but I'm a cheap whore when it comes to a freebie :lol:. I do have a soft spot for Arsenal from that time though.

Milner has joinedfor Liverpool, good signing but nothing that'll largely improve them, as a combination with other signings he could look great business. As a United fan I wouldn't have minded him at old trafford, jack of all trades, consistent, nothing more or less. With Gerrard leaving I feel he will fit in well there and go over great with the Anfield faithful but he can't be expected to assuage a Sterling exit.

Pedro signed an extension at Barca, would LOVE him at Arsenal.

This girl I used to go out with in London grew up near Highbury. I used to live up there with her for a little while in Crouch End near Finsbury Park tube. Her whole family are proper arsenal fans. Her dad has worked for the club for 30 odd years in doing various things, admin stuff. He lives in a flat that's actually part of the grounds that the Emirates is in, cos there's loads of apartments they build around there. Nice bloke Pat, loved a bet. He got me into the museum part to have a look round. There's a photo of me i posted on here outside the stadium by that big picture of all the ex players with their backs turned im wearing a pair of arsenal shorts id been given by either him or her brother at a bbq we'd had. Even got a gunners wallet. Didn't have the heart to tell him im more of a Cardiff fan but I'm a cheap whore when it comes to a freebie :lol:. I do have a soft spot for Arsenal from that time though.

Can you ask him to see if he can get me a job please? I'm quite serious.

Still though it's that front 3 that shot Barca to glory. In December when Madrid were going for the world record winning streak, press was all about Messi wanting Luis sacked. 6 months later and he's the savior.

Juve though valiant effort, they're just kind of paying the price though for a weak league the same as Bayern to an extent.