The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

I was in a pub and everyone was rooting for Barca. Why? Not many Catalans on the Toon - last I checked.

How many I-Ties are there around the Toon? When both sides are foreign I guess you support based on whatever affection or admiration you can muster and how can you not admire Barcas play? On their day they are magical.

I was in a pub and everyone was rooting for Barca. Why? Not many Catalans on the Toon - last I checked.

How many I-Ties are there around the Toon? When both sides are foreign I guess you support based on whatever affection or admiration you can muster and how can you not admire Barcas play? On their day they are magical.

Geordies just saw black and White stripes and assumed they should cheer.

Man utd are a bit crap in the transfers at times. Evra, Pogba and Tevez all allowed to leave and now in a CL final while Utd are a million miles from it.

United had some luck in the transfer window but really they've never been none too clever. Bebe and Berbatov and Djemba Djemba, they signed a great many wankers as well as good players.

Confirmed DieselDaisy.

He is supposed to be a very innovative and forward thinking coach. He did OK at Middlesborough & FC Twente.

Ashley is only bothered about them being in the Premier League. The supporters are nuts though, Pardew was a decent manager and they had a part in him leaving.

If the papers are to be believed Arsenal are on the verge of signing:

Jackson Martinez

Arturo Vidal

Petr Cech

Schneiderlin (although I'm sure that ones off the charts now)

Kondogbia

Gonzalo Higuain.

Pretty much everybody really. Although I'd wager the reality'll be more like:

'Arsenal sign 16 year old star prospect from Germany Mr Henrich Uber Alles on a free transfer, puported to be the next *insert totally unlikely player he's likely to be the next of here*.

Or maybe the England team is actually shite and no where near as good as they think they are.

Capello was a good coach, a very good coach. He did actually try at the start of his reign, then gave up when he saw the players attitudes. Remember when Jimmy Bullard got called up?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2634265/Jimmy-Bullard-got-better-coaching-non-League-Fabio-Postman-Pat-Capello-England.html

Read that. Says it all really.

Excitement levels reaching fever pitch in the Spunko household, this clip gets an airing on occasions like this. When my 1st child is born in december s/he may get to see Wales in a major championship in its first year of life. Wheras I've waited my entire life sitting through decades of shite. I even had to watch a few years where Vinney bloody Jones got a few caps.

Edit: Having just watched that clip again I've decided to have Zulu playing during the birth. I'm sure my missus won't mind :lol:

Edited by spunko12345
  • Like 1

Excitement levels reaching fever pitch in the Spunko household, this clip gets an airing on occasions like this. When my 1st child is born in december s/he may get to see Wales in a major championship in its first year of life. Wheras I've waited my entire life sitting through decades of shite. I even had to watch a few years where Vinney bloody Jones got a few caps.

Edit: Having just watched that clip again I've decided to have Zulu playing during the birth. I'm sure my missus won't mind :lol:

''Here they come, black as hell and thick as grass!".

• 2 weeks later...

I've said before about how I make comeback after comeback to football and never get to my old level.

I've made another comeback, and it's started well. Goal in the first game and my second match is tonight - only a sub but I'm hopeful that my performance will be reasonable.

Only 6 weeks until the season starts!

Left back, holding mid or target man striker. I'm usually left back as I'm left and right footed, but my lack of mobility means I usually sit in front of the back four these days.

Give me a bit of space to sort my feet and I'm pretty good, crowd me and I'll be anonymous.

Team had a shocker, but I think I only misplaced one pass all game. We got caught out a few too many times by runners that the centre backs didn't track and I didn't have the pace to clean up.

Pity, especially the ball I prodded past the post when I went up for a corner.

Overall I'd give myself 4/10 for defending and 8/10 for my attacking.

By the way I can finally do what my sister does whenever she watches football (my sister is an airhead former chav with no interest whatsoever in sport). When the anthems are on: ''ugly'', ''average'', ''ugly'', ''hot''.