The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

Fernandinho and Toure should not be on the pitch.

City outplayed us all through, but the third goal was sickening since that elbow was a red.

How did Toure not get a yellow then for stopping a counter attack? Ref bottled it.

Fabregas as well then. The rules apply from kick off to final whistle, not until 80 minutes.

Edited by Chris1989

Come on Brugge, lets push the fuckin' issue here!

Champions league play offs. Man U & Celtic from the UK. Will both go through?

Hope Celtic do.

Why would you hope for such a horrible thing?

Were it Rangers I'd be saying the same thing, its more to do with locality than allegiance with one over its rivals.

I bet Soul ''had a friend who had a nephew, who had an uncle, who also had a friend, who possessed a brother who may have passed by a place called Old Trafford at some point'' - this is the usual excuse put forth by Man U wankers.

Not exactly. I played football when I was 6-7 years old and all teams in my league was named after clubs in Premier League back then. My team happened to be named after Manchester United. It was pure luck. If my house was further down the street I might have ended up being trapped as a fucking Tottenham supporter for life. This was just around the time when Manchester United started its rise to become the greatest football team in the world ever. Of course I have to be a life-long fan after having played at the team myself. I am sure you will agree.

Edited by SoulMonster

I bet Soul ''had a friend who had a nephew, who had an uncle, who also had a friend, who possessed a brother who may have passed by a place called Old Trafford at some point'' - this is the usual excuse put forth by Man U wankers.

Not exactly. I played football when I was 6-7 years old and all teams in my league was named after clubs in Premier League back then. My team happened to be named after Manchester United. It was pure luck. This was just around the time when the team started its rise to become the greatest football team in the world ever. Of course I have to be a life-long fan after having played at the team myself. I am sure you will agree.

I rest my case.

They all have this weird elongated excuse.

Why don't they just support their local side rather than glory seeking on some rich foreigners?

Not exactly. I played football when I was 6-7 years old and all teams in my league was named after clubs in Premier League back then. My team happened to be named after Manchester United. It was pure luck. This was just around the time when the team started its rise to become the greatest football team in the world ever. Of course I have to be a life-long fan after having played at the team myself. I am sure you will agree.

I rest my case.

Why don't they just support their local side rather than glory seeking on some rich foreigners?

Who says I don't support my local team where I grew up (Farsund FK) or even Rosenborg (where I live now)? Right, you are saying it and again you are talking out of your ass :shrugs:. I just happen to be able to support more than one team (probably because they are in different leagues). What would I do if Manchester United were to mee Rosenborg in a European league? I would support Manchester United, of course, after all, I bloody played for the team as a 6 year old.

I rest my case.

Who says I don't support my local team where I grew up (Farsund FK) or even Rosenborg (where I live now)? Right, you are saying it and again you are talking out of your ass :shrugs:. I just happen to be able to support more than one team (probably because they are in different leagues). What would I do if Manchester United were to mee Rosenborg in a European league? I would support Manchester United, of course, after all, I bloody played for the team as a 6 year old.

Have you visited Manchester? Do you miss your pronouns out and vital bits of prepositional phrases? Do you call a bacon butty a bacon bomb? No. You have absolutely no connection with Manchester beyond a penchant for taking it up the rear area. Why then support them?

In your defense, neither have the entirety of China.

I rest my case.

Have you visited Manchester? Do you miss your pronouns out and vital bits of prepositional phrases? Do you call a bacon butty a bacon bomb? No. You have absolutely no connection with Manchester beyond a penchant for taking it up the rear area. Why then support them?

Because after having played on a team named after Manchester United, I naturally became interested in the originator. What was this team my team was named after? Who played on it? How were they doing? This fledgling interest born out of nothing but playing ona tame with the same name caused me to watch Manchester United games on the tv, and from interest comes allegiance and support. In addition, some psychological thing happened in the minds of us 6-year olds where we transferred or duplicated the loyalty and support we had for our own team onto the "mother team" that we so strived to emulate.

Fuck that, in my family I have one parent who is CHELSEA, and one who is Bristol Rovers. I had a great season last year - Prem, League Cup and Conference Play off Winners!

My teams are also the only English teams to have played Cup Finals at Wembley and the Millenium in the same season!