The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

Sergio Ramos was funnier.

Nah see cuz he stayed with Real, instead of going to a team that has arguably usurped Uniteds position in English football since the triumphant Moyes era. He'll do alright with your lot cuz there's a lot of class about and it won't be a case of a little Di Maria carrying the can, y'know what I mean? Hazard, Willian, all them boys, plus Diego Costa, there's sort of a balance of responsibility there. Pedro ain't a fuckin' one man world beater but he's an exceptional quality player when he's got good lads around him.

Diego Costa is the only person that inspires fear in me on the pitch in the Prem these days, in that Drogba kind of way or in the way I imagine Lord Thierry done to the opposition. Aguero I suppose is another, come to think of it. Costa and Aguero. Game changers.

all them boys, plus Diego Costa, there's sort of a balance of responsibility there.

And none of them has carried any of the load so far this season. What's going on in there?

Yeah, you're right man, I mean fuckin' hell, we're nearing the finishing line and none of them have asserted themselves yet, terrifying prospect innit? How quality can suddenly just like...stop performing. Poor Jose, he must be weeping into his quarter of a million pound silk pillow.

When you push up and hold possession pace is no use. They were better with Rooney and Mata behind Hernandez. Lots of crossing but to who?

Two holding mids at home too much. Mata/Herra with Swine/Sneide in prem. Mata can then link up with Rooney and Hernandez.

Otherwise let them come on to you and hit em on break with Memphis.

Edited by wasted

I bet Soul ''had a friend who had a nephew, who had an uncle, who also had a friend, who possessed a brother who may have passed by a place called Old Trafford at some point'' - this is the usual excuse put forth by Man U wankers.

Not exactly. I played football when I was 6-7 years old and all teams in my league was named after clubs in Premier League back then. My team happened to be named after Manchester United. It was pure luck. This was just around the time when the team started its rise to become the greatest football team in the world ever. Of course I have to be a life-long fan after having played at the team myself. I am sure you will agree.

I rest my case.

They all have this weird elongated excuse.

Why don't they just support their local side rather than glory seeking on some rich foreigners?

Because supporting your hungover Sunday league team from the village doesn't quite have the same excitement as supporting a team in the most popular league in the world. Let people support who they want to fuckin' support, especially when it comes to the global level that the biggest European teams are on. I'm from Belfast, but I support Liverpool. Why? Because Northern Irish football is the most god forsaken awful thing around, and the Premier League is much more interesting. I've no connection to the city or the club other than I liked them the most as a kid and I try to make a game each season if I can. Your argument is so dated it's ridiculous. It's not like people are waiting for the team newsletter each month to follow them. Now if I were to support England over Northern Ireland in an international match, maybe you've got a point, but it's like saying I'm shit for watching American TV shows when I should be supporting local television production.

• Like 1

Lenny boy, one Gunner Gedion Zelalem has just joined Scotland's Gallant Few (the Famous Glasgow Rangers) this afternoon on loan. As the only Arsenal fan I know, you'll surely have the lowdown... Is this boy a prospect?

I bet Soul ''had a friend who had a nephew, who had an uncle, who also had a friend, who possessed a brother who may have passed by a place called Old Trafford at some point'' - this is the usual excuse put forth by Man U wankers.

Not exactly. I played football when I was 6-7 years old and all teams in my league was named after clubs in Premier League back then. My team happened to be named after Manchester United. It was pure luck. This was just around the time when the team started its rise to become the greatest football team in the world ever. Of course I have to be a life-long fan after having played at the team myself. I am sure you will agree.

I rest my case.

They all have this weird elongated excuse.

Why don't they just support their local side rather than glory seeking on some rich foreigners?

Because supporting your hungover Sunday league team from the village doesn't quite have the same excitement as supporting a team in the most popular league in the world. Let people support who they want to fuckin' support, especially when it comes to the global level that the biggest European teams are on. I'm from Belfast, but I support Liverpool. Why? Because Northern Irish football is the most god forsaken awful thing around, and the Premier League is much more interesting. I've no connection to the city or the club other than I liked them the most as a kid and I try to make a game each season if I can. Your argument is so dated it's ridiculous. It's not like people are waiting for the team newsletter each month to follow them. Now if I were to support England over Northern Ireland in an international match, maybe you've got a point, but it's like saying I'm shit for watching American TV shows when I should be supporting local television production.

Absolutely academic. Support should be unconditional. Your Northern Irish teams are crap? So what? Support them. I bet they are a whole lot more in touch with the community than the cackfest that is Man U. Heck, I bet they would appreciate that £10 you deliver at the turnstile the more. Support your own club and your own community.