The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

Rafa is going to send Madrid back to the Dark Ages. Carlo leaving is going to have the same effect as Del Bosque.

I was on his side at Liverpool, but his style just doesn't mesh with Madrid. Ronaldo might end up scoring half the goals he did last season, Bale will be scape goat and Rafa will be gone by Christmas.

Not if they're sending him to a Scottish championship side. That's where you send the lads with an attitude problem to show them where they could end up if they don't get their act together.

Oh aye, playing in front of 50,000 alongside these guys is gonnae be utter misery.

I bet Soul ''had a friend who had a nephew, who had an uncle, who also had a friend, who possessed a brother who may have passed by a place called Old Trafford at some point'' - this is the usual excuse put forth by Man U wankers.

Not exactly. I played football when I was 6-7 years old and all teams in my league was named after clubs in Premier League back then. My team happened to be named after Manchester United. It was pure luck. This was just around the time when the team started its rise to become the greatest football team in the world ever. Of course I have to be a life-long fan after having played at the team myself. I am sure you will agree.

I rest my case.

They all have this weird elongated excuse.

Why don't they just support their local side rather than glory seeking on some rich foreigners?

Because supporting your hungover Sunday league team from the village doesn't quite have the same excitement as supporting a team in the most popular league in the world. Let people support who they want to fuckin' support, especially when it comes to the global level that the biggest European teams are on. I'm from Belfast, but I support Liverpool. Why? Because Northern Irish football is the most god forsaken awful thing around, and the Premier League is much more interesting. I've no connection to the city or the club other than I liked them the most as a kid and I try to make a game each season if I can. Your argument is so dated it's ridiculous. It's not like people are waiting for the team newsletter each month to follow them. Now if I were to support England over Northern Ireland in an international match, maybe you've got a point, but it's like saying I'm shit for watching American TV shows when I should be supporting local television production.

Absolutely academic. Support should be unconditional. Your Northern Irish teams are crap? So what? Support them. I bet they are a whole lot more in touch with the community than the cackfest that is Man U. Heck, I bet they would appreciate that £10 you deliver at the turnstile the more. Support your own club and your own community.

Well that's just simply not true... Ideally, you'd do both I guess. If I went down to see Kebab Kevin suffer sectarian abuse every Sunday, am I allowed to watch Sky Sports? I'll just pop down to watch them park their cars outside the ground instead of the F1 while I'm at it.

Lenny boy, one Gunner Gedion Zelalem has just joined Scotland's Gallant Few (the Famous Glasgow Rangers) this afternoon on loan. As the only Arsenal fan I know, you'll surely have the lowdown... Is this boy a prospect?

Im not a great one for this lauding teenage prospects as the next Pele but yes, for as much as one can be considered a prospect Gideon is one. There was actually a fair bit of fuss made over his nationality and whether he'd be considered Somalian or American or German (having grown up all over the gaff) and apparently the yanks were chuffed at his favouring them, which i thought was a bit weird. Good fuckij' lad though, skilfull as fuck, I'd be interested to see how he gets on, been hearing about him from the Arsenal youth set up for a couple of years now.

went down to see Kebab Kevin suffer sectarian abuse every Sunday

I think I'd find that more entertaining than most football games :lol:

I've no connection to the city or the club other than I liked them the most as a kid

They're all micks up Liverpool way anyway so i wouldn't worry.

• Like 1

Looks like United got what they wanted with De Gea set to play with the reserves until his contract ran out after they submitted their end of the papers a minute after the deadline passed.

United should know better, should of used Valdes a bit better too. I mean it's not like he wasn't Barca's first choice keeper (where he won only a few gazillion trophies) before he let his contract run down

Edited by AtariLegend

Wales above England in world rankings now and almost certainly at Euro 2016.

They won't qualify unless they beat Israel. Belgium have a better goal difference and are only 3 points behind. It's nowhere near over.

The top 2 qualify though so we just need 4 more points from Israel, Bosnia and Andorra. Piece of piss.