The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

So what are you suggesting, that Spanish, French, Italian Leagues dont promote themselves, why would they do that, do they not want the revenue or...?

I think most major leagues gave North America up as a market they'd never reach. When the Prem launched they actually pursued it pretty aggressively. And whoever ran the sports channel here was rather receptive to it. Probably with a view towards selling the game to Americans and Canadians in anticipation of the 1994 USA world cup.

Its the best because its the most watched and the most exciting, no one really claims its the strongest. The numbers regarding its worldwide popularity are pretty conclusive. I watch this shit on streams from Mecca for Godssake, Mecca, who the fuck is watch the Tyne Wear Derby in Mecca? :lol:

Most watched maybe. Most exciting? na.. there are at least 4 better ones than the premier.

Premier has great teams and great players, but it has no legends.

So what are you suggesting, that Spanish, French, Italian Leagues dont promote themselves, why would they do that, do they not want the revenue or...?

I think most major leagues gave North America up as a market they'd never reach. When the Prem launched they actually pursued it pretty aggressively. And whoever ran the sports channel here was rather receptive to it. Probably with a view towards selling the game to Americans and Canadians in anticipation of the 1994 USA world cup.

A lot is going to change with the American Champions League, and i been watching the major league soccer for a while and its improving so fast. They only need to compete with the best of Brazil and Argentina to become a real league.

That aint losing his marbles, thats mugging Matic off for not performing.

Cracking goal by Willian eh?

Yeah it was a belter just watched it on motd. I was listening on the radio so i don't know how bad Matic was playing but it seems like he's trying to wind the players up to get a response out of them (like dropping Terry from prem and CL games and putting him in Carling cup game) but it ain't working. John Terry played like a mong. After Southampton s last goal I reckon he's finished at the club after this year. I can't stand the twat anyway but i digress.

I don't blame the ref at all for the loss yesterday, but the Southampton players were looking for contact all the time.

It's true that in recent games we should have been given plenty of penalties, but get nothing. Equally, when a player fouls ours it's never reviewed and fast tracked like the Costa case, and Sly Sports don't shoe the replay on repeat for days after.

The players look slow, unfit and weak. Southampton were so quick to close down and we didn't cope.

Individual errors are costing us - Ivanovic, Cahill and Terry all poor last night. I give Begovic and Azpillicueta a pass because they were both giving their all.

Terry got turned so easily because he gambled and guessed where a player was going, and that isnt like him because he used to be a fantastic reader of the game.

No striker means the opposition can walk out of defense. No threat from Fabregas or Hazard means they can build their attacks in numbers. The greater numbers puts pressure on our holding midfield and they get overrun trying to cover for what's actually a weak defence. The defence isny used to this kind of pressure and gaps appear between Ivanovic and the right centre back, so the RCB pulls to the right hand side and exposes the LCB and gives the central striker a load of space to pull into.

It's cause and effect, and you can start at either end of the pitch - we simply miss aa right back, midfielder and striker of note.

Spent the summer chasing pogba and rahman, now we didn't get the first and don't use the second. It's costing us. Rant over.

We actually played well. In the first 20 mins we killed them. Man Utd need more players, Rooney is on his way out, I don't understand why Morgan Scherdelim wasn't playing. Scheni looked off the pace.

But Im not complaining!

We just need to find consistancy.

• 2 weeks later...