The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

Cobblers have been issued a winding up petition by HMRC, so it looks like I am going to need another team to support soon

Another team who are consistently disappointing and never win anything......... hmmmm how about Arsenal?

When it comes to disappointment we never let you down! Or is that let you up? I confused myself now :lol:

Cobblers have been issued a winding up petition by HMRC, so it looks like I am going to need another team to support soon

Another team who are consistently disappointing and never win anything......... hmmmm how about Arsenal?

They'll be saved. When was the last time an English league club went bust?

They'll be saved. When was the last time an English league club went bust?

This isnt the first time it has happened to us either, once in the 90s when the club had to be rescued by the supporters trust and again in the 00s things were looking dodgy before the club was sold. This does look serious though, the council loaned the club over £10 million, where has that money gone? (obviously not to HMRC)

I find it ironic as a Liverpool fan that we went from Rodgers who turned a team that almost won the league (abeit with an exceptional player) into what it is today to Klopp. Klopp who almost won the Champions League with Dortmound then almost ended up being relegated with them last season.

Not really sure what to expect from Klopp, I know's better than Rodgers... but.

• Like 1

I find it ironic as a Liverpool fan that we went from Rodgers who turned a team that almost won the league (abeit with an exceptional player) into what it is today to Klopp. Klopp who almost won the Champions League with Dortmound then almost ended up being relegated with them last season.

Not really sure what to expect from Klopp, I know's better than Rodgers... but.

Totally agree with this. I hope he does well but I'm far from convinced that Klop of the Kop is 100% the man to knock em back into shape. People wanting him for Arsene Wenger, no disrespect to Liverpool, are out of their fuckin' minds I think, people like Piers Morgan, love him though i do for being a Gooner, fannying on about how we missed a trick letting him go to Liverpool is just silly talk.

He won back to back titles with Dortmund, got the CL final, and had his best players sold from him. In his last season, they finished 7th, and heh ad key players out.

Rodgers lost his two best playwrs, but then invested the money poorly, and also played his players out of position. He spent a fair bit.

Liverpool werent good bcos of Rodgers though. Suarez. And Sturridge and Sterling were on fire. But Suarez. Gerrard cocked it up.

Klopp. My theory on these yo yo times is that a Rodgers or Klopp or Moron will whip there teams into shape to do well in the league. But the next season after a hard champions league infested season, the players are just shagged. Like Oscar and Hazard and rolling jaded. Costa is walking wounded. Like City last season had nothing left for the league. Kompany, Toure, Aguero killed themselves to win it. But then it's take the season off. But they have great squad so who knows.

I'd think Arsenal have the freshest squad and most hunger for the league. Wont get too distracted in Europe. Liverpool might want to but Skirtel and Sakho and abysmal. If Arsenal can get one more striker to chip in 15 goals...

Maybe utd can hack to third.

So,

Arsenal

City

Utd

Liverpool

Edited by wasted