The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

Football is a sport for poofs. Greasy foreign millionaires rolling around on the ground in agony because they've lost their tub of hair gel. Death scenes which would put a Shakespearean actor to shame after the slightest tap on the shin pads. Poseurs. It is a sport which is full of poseurs and effeminate men.

Football is a sport for poofs. Greasy foreign millionaires rolling around on the ground in agony because they've lost their tub of hair gel. Death scenes which would put a Shakespearean actor to shame after the slightest tap on the shin pads. Poseurs. It is a sport which is full of poseurs and effeminate men.

Yet still not as gay as wrestling.

Yet still not as gay as wrestling.

I agree but then wrestling is not a sport but some faked thing made for white trash metallica fans with no brain cells.

Also the major football teams are totally divorced from their indigenous communities. Arsenal? That should consist of Londoners but instead it is all Ebola and Djabajaba from Zambia and all of these greasy chaps from France and Spain. It is like the United Nations there. How much is it to get in? £40 or something and you sit there eating an overpriced pukka pie and a £5 beer, watching chaps from Zululand and France defend the honour of whatever part of London is represented by The Arsenal (connected with Woolwich artillery barracks I believe?).

Not that I am picking on Arsenal because it is the same for every Premiership side.

And all these people from China - and our dear own Soul Monster - are supporting Man U! What sort of connection do Chinaman have with Manchester, Lancashire, the North West?

Another thing I hate about football is transfer time. Every year - twice a year in fact - football goes through this tedious drama whereby player A from team 2 goes to team 1, and player B from team 1 goes to team 2. It usually never makes any discernible difference on the team or tactics. Players simply randomly go and leave for no apparent reason. I mean Michael Owen in a Man U shirt!!

Also the major football teams are totally divorced from their indigenous communities. Arsenal? That should consist of Londoners but instead it is all Ebola and Djabajaba from Zambia and all of these greasy chaps from France and Spain. It is like the United Nations there.

Alex Oxlade Chamberlain, Theo Walcott, Kieran Gibbs, Jack Wilshere, Calum Chambers, Aaron Ramsey (fair dues he's Welsh!), Carl Jenkinson?

How much is it to get in? £40 or something and you sit there eating an overpriced pukka pie and a £5 beer

This i agree with...and they ain't even Pukka Pies, the bastards!

I agree about the clubs not being real anymore. All imported players. It's just a giant racket now. Im surprised so many people will show up to these 0-0 draws. I think its the atmosphere, the spectacle of a champions league night.

Not sure about the gay thing. Theres that diving thing in italy and spain and it crept over. But ive seen scary games in the prem. i appreciate the skills they have now. But to watch on tv, visually the sweeping football of 424 formation is more exciting than the diamond or 343 possession game to watch.

But i would say that even in light pussy games the thing with football isnt hits like rugby or nfl where you brace yourself for the physical contact more. It's like the ball is up there, you stick a leg out and you kind stretching and you knees in the back. Like wide receivers diving for a catch get hit after they catch the ball.

Also the physical fitness and concentration to play at pace in the premiership is probably knackering. Up close it's scary. That's actually the first thing they look for in young players is he scared of tackles. Even the posey ones like Beckham never pull out of a 50-50. And the best ones like Messi look cool and stylish but they are running their knackers off and getting kicked all game. Dead legs are common. Every player needs physio and injections to play the next game.

Charlie Nicholas or Bentley type players are hilarious though. Or Robbie Savage, the hair and flambouyance but then completely shit. Well not completely, commitment. Endeavour, honesty.

The players are.

When Sunderland play Newcastle, the police have to form a gigantic cordon and effectively herd the Sunderland fans to Central Station. It is one of the most ridiculous spectacles I've ever seen. Don't forget that it is only football fans who are separated from each other. In cricket and rugby the rival fans sit together.