The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

The FA Cup is the trophy to win but your prancing prima donna modern footballer now prefers the Premier League and Champions League. I think they prefer them two to World Cups also.

FA Cup Winners two years in a row, The Famous Arsenal :)

I agree with you though, and anybody that says the fuckin' Champions League means more than the world cup is a twat...and it does get said too. FA Cup is like, the quinessential English fuckin' cup, i consider it an affront to the game to disrespect it or treat it like it's marginal...and i ain't just saying that cuz it's the only cup Arsenal have won (twice in a row) since 2005, I've always felt this way and have said so on this very forum, since before Arsenal ended the drought.

For me the FA cup ranks alongside the league and champions league as equally important. You win the FA cup you've had a great season end of. Id give a CL spot for the winner if it wasnt for the fact that by doing that your almost saying winning the cup isnt enough on its own and the CL spot is the real prize which would be wrong.

The problem with football is international friendlies. Such a load of shit.

Would not compare the Champions League to the Euros or World Cup, but I'd definitely put it above the FA Cup.

The FA Cup is basically about having a good cup run and beating other English teams. The Champions League is about being the best club side in the world.

The FA Cup is the trophy to win but your prancing prima donna modern footballer now prefers the Premier League and Champions League. I think they prefer them two to World Cups also.

It's Champs league now. Prem is just to qualify for champs. And thats ruined the prem, after mid week game away from home nobody cares.

the WC is a joke. At the end of a knackering season throw on uninjured players on a pitch in some random country.

What the FUCK is goin' on over at The Bridge, 3-1 christ! i just do not understand it, I'm getting fuckin' redundant repeating this over and over again but what the actual fuck is going on there, how can this happen, look at the players, Matic, Fabregas, Willian, Hazard, Ramierez, everything is there, individual quality, everything. Diego fuckin' Costa for fuckssake, i mean thats someones dream team out there, how the christ can this happen...people say not playing for the manager, fuck that, they're professional football players, they don't go out every afternoon to lose games, thats ridiculous.

Edited by Len B'stard

And I thought our title defense under Moyes was bad.

You did this Blackie! :lol: Remember earlier in the season when they just lost a couple and you were looking at their chances sceptically and i was like naaahh, shut up, it's Chelsea, it's just the beginning, you fuckin' cursed em!

I'm actually surprised we won today. It'd be silly for Chelsea to sack Jose, but he's almost trying to get out the door.

the WC is a joke. At the end of a knackering season throw on uninjured players on a pitch in some random country.

Nonsense. Do you support England or something? :P

You did this Blackie! :lol: Remember earlier in the season when they just lost a couple and you were looking at their chances sceptically and i was like naaahh, shut up, it's Chelsea, it's just the beginning, you fuckin' cursed em!

LOL I know! and really who wouldn't think Mou would be able to turn it around?. Who knows, if they keep not sacking him, he might still guide them up the table, but now its steep uphill all the way from here until May.

Edited by moreblack

I know, and really who wouldn't think Mou would be able to turn it around. And who knows, if they keep not sacking him, he might still guide them up the table, but now its steep uphill all the way from here until May.
Is it still possible even? Top fours gotta be right, i mean if they liven themselves up right away?

I fuckin' hate Swansea away.

Edited by Len B'stard

Im still holding out for a massive United capitulation :lol: Mind you, i had better mind my own business too, you know what my lot are like, we're approaching that time of year where, in the last 10 years, Arsenal have tended to fold like a cheap deck chair...the annual injury jinx already appears to be in motion.

• Like 1

I dont trust em, they need to show me a full season of consistency and i'll start trusting em again, 3-0 scoreline is flattering yknow, i didnt see it but the first half was seriously shaky by all accounts, first and second goals were soft, although i didnt see the first.

I dont mean to moan, im happy and everything :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

I dont trust em, they need to show me a full season of consistency and i'll start trusting em again, 3-0 scoreline is flattering yknow, i didnt see it but the first half was seriously shaky by all accounts, first and second goals were soft, although i didnt see the first.

I dont mean to moan, im happy and everything :lol:

You are English, you have to moan. It's in your cultural DNA.

Shit what an awful match. I am saying it again, van Gaal teaches boring football. Fantastically offensive players may come to the team, play a few great maches that shows their potential, but thne the teachings and style of van Gaal kicks in and they become shadows of themselves. It happened with De Maria, it happened with Darmian, it is about to happen with Memphis and in a few matches I bet we will see sign of Martial stopping to go on raids, start playing the ball backwards and in general act confused about what to do. van gaal sucks the soul out of offensive players and squeeses them into a boring playing style. We are lucky to be on 4th.