The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

He wasn't even a substitute today (but maybe he is injured?). Accordingly he gets the stick for living it up a bit too much on town and not on field.

And it's so frustrating with a brilliant players like Martial. The playing style should be focused around brilliant players, not brilliant players being bought for ridiculous amounts of money only to be changed to play in a different playing style that doesn't suit what makes them brilliant. This is going at it the wrong way.

Thing about United was, whatever else they were they were never meandering, they were never boring, they were attacking to the point of lacking finessee about it...and i dont mean that to be an insult i just mean they were like the sort of team to turn on a penny and push forward, they weren't clever or flash about it but they were direct about it and strong about it, it made matches exciting, part of how United turned so many early leads on their head was this sort of attitude, cuz once they knew they had you going they'd tear right into you...without that you sort of dont have United anymore, at least in terms of associated styles of play.

But hey, i guess it cant be 1992 forever :shrugs: I suppose you need a Keano in tbere to make that kinda football scary, a Keano, a Scholesy and someone to do all the flash stuff!

Edited by Len B'stard

Well he did say 3 seasons...and the Moyes results and Mourinhos current woes illustrate just what a hard task lies ahead, the Prem is anybodys to grab this season, United have got enough quality in the line up to be able to say their chance is as good as anybodys.

They just fuckin' sat back didn't they? I figured they thought sit back a bit, defend, keep it organised, if you're lucky you'll make it to half time and from then push for the counter...problem is you don't go to places like the Allianz and sit back, you will get mullered (no pun intended)...and they did.