The Official SOCCER Thread 2015/2016

The Sandman

Bayern last night just wow such a great team at home .... Enjoy the europa league Arsenal

I think you'll find we've been in the CL for every year it's existed. How about you lot, hows your Champions League campaign last season? Oh sorry, how silly of me, cuz you didn't have one, do you? Where was it you finished again? 7th? The words 'are you Tottenham in disguise' spring to mind! Aww, nevermind eh, keep chucking transfer fees at the wall, something'll stick! :lol:

And oh yeah:

http://youtu.be/J-ukX3Dwuao

Enjoy...i know i did...at the Emirates stadium...because unlike most of your teams supporters i can actually get to see my team :) 3 goals in 20 mins, dear dear dear..tell me, whens the last time you went to Old Trafford? And more importantly, how much was left out of your giro for food the rest of that week?

Well fuck me someone is a bit touchy aint they? Firstly i'm a season ticket holder have been since 2005.

Secondly yeah we are in a period of adjustment as a club and we where out of europe last season but Wenger has been consistsntly under peforming to the standards for what 11 years now ? I would rather have 1 season at 7th than 11 seasons without the league and yet still triying to claim we are a big prem league club ....

And whats this bollocks about a giro mate ? Only cunt on a giro should be Wenger mate how that old pedo has kept his job so long scares me

You lying bastard, you live in Chalfont and you've got a fuckin' season for a football team 250 miles from where you live on the other side of the country? :lol: Why you tellin' lies for Luke? :lol:

As far as our being a top club in England, it aint down to your say so, its a fact but now and historically...and consistently so, which cant be said about your team which you only fuckin' support cuz you're a glory hunter jus like people from the 80s from places like Buckinghamshire that weirdly support Liverpool, cuz they were the big boys of the day and they jumped on a bandwagon.

Period of adjustment, we sold off entire title winning squads and built stadiums and still didnt drop to 7th, thats without a millionaire owner breaking transfer fee records for us left right and centre see cuz we got a manager that does what is said on the tin i.e. Manage, not just throw money at a problem and hope it goes away.

This is your third year now, how longs your 'period of adjustment' gonna take? :lol: Or should that be 'how much'?

Still a pedo .... ?
I still wanna know about this season ticket you've allegedly held since 2005, you bullshitting bastard :lol:
I sit in the stretford end buddy right up the top back off to OT tomorrow

Alright, i believe you...but Prove it, go on, post a pic of your season ticket :lol:

I fuckin' hope not :lol: Need something to wash away the feeling of that Bayern fixture but to be honest it didn't sting that bad cuz i expected we'd get a kicking. In fact i expected to get a kicking in the first one too, it was a massive bonus to me, winning that, i did not expect anything of the sort there, i thought we'd've been really really REALLY lucky to get a draw there.

Losing to Tottenham would be too much for my fragile little soul to handle, it just does not bear thinking about...we're short something like 10 first teamers too.

It is still possible isn't it? I mean if Bayern do Olympianakos and we do our thing by i think a two or three goal margin? Point being there is a chance there and it's not completely anorexsic, though slim. I think we've got a really solid squad at the moment and on a good day we can have it with any team out there.

Edited by Len B'stard

Not really. Only got one striker? And he's not much of a threat. Possession wise Arsenal have players to play most prem teams off the pitch. But in CL as soon as play a decent will get beat. So wont win CL.

But can still qualify for next round. Maybe they were actually thinking more about Spurs than having a brawl with Bayern.

Actually Bayern will prob draw with Olympiacos just to stop Arsenal.

Edited by wasted

Not really. Only got one striker? And he's not much of a threat.

I dunno, he's been doing pretty well this season. I think he's underrated.

But in CL as soon as play a decent will get beat

Seemed like the opposite after the first Bayern game :lol: Every single other top team in the Prem at the moment is a moneybags teams, City, Chelsea, United, we're the only team that have it alongside them that isn't, i think that says a lot for Arsenal, the way we're run and the overall character of the club. We don't buy our way to success, we earn it so y'know, it might come a little later and a little less than for some of late...but when we do it means something.

Nothings imposible ... Will be hard bit not impossible

Don't get me wrong, i don't think it's ever so likely or anything...and even if we do, like Wasted said, I can't see us making it to the business end of play offs.

Edited by Len B'stard

True Arsenal arent in massive debt. I think I read they actually make money for the owners. They 50 mil a year.

Giroud is good in and around the box. But I dont see him a threat when they are pinned back like Bayern game. Look at Barca. Suarez, Messi, Neymar. I just imagine them going up against Mertsacker and Gabriel?

Wenger doesnt look too bothered about the CL. Chelsea have more of a chance but that's because Mourniho is a hacker. Theyll play 5-4-1 if needed.

I dunno, cant stand United, Chelsea have been there done that...that just leaves City. Bless em theres still something of the underdog about em, they've never won it before and they arent quite there yet despite the money they've spent. Plus i always had a fondness for the way they stuck it to United in recent years.

They have mids like Toure, Fernandinho, Fernando. Then can play Silva or Sterling behind Aguero or Bony. Navas, Nasri. Could do with another centre back and striker though. But Mangala and Kompany could be formidable. But Pullagranny is a bit gungho. 4-1. Stop it. Try a 1-1 away then nail a 0-0 at home.

Edited by wasted

They should never have bought Bony, too unproven if you ask me, they let themselves down buying people like that, kinda like United buying Fellaini, not worth it, not of the right character for those clubs. Thats an Arsenal thing to do, buy a someone who looks like he might have a bit about him and then see what occurs...but when you got City type money or United then fuck it, buy someone fuckin' tried and tested at the top top level, not fuckin' Vitesse and Swansea.

Same with Benteke, there's always these little rumours of him going for one of the top boys but with the sorts of money you lay out why be so risky? I mean it's enough of a risk always, a transfer, no one is a guaranteed anything...but if you've got the money why go for a Bony or a Benteke?

Edited by Len B'stard

I dunno, cant stand United, Chelsea have been there done that...that just leaves City. Bless em theres still something of the underdog about em, they've never won it before and they arent quite there yet despite the money they've spent. Plus i always had a fondness for the way they stuck it to United in recent years.

Fair enough wasn't a dig at you I would be happy to see any English team win it tbh even if it was City

I didn't take it that way man ;) But yeah, me too, any English team really. Except United :lol: Sorry, don't mean to be difficult or anything but it's in my blood, disliking United :lol: The only two teams i actually hate hate hate, as in can't stand, like or respect under any circumstances is United and Tottenham, i just cannot be having either of those two. It's just the way i been bought up.

Edited by Len B'stard

Fair enough wasn't a dig at you I would be happy to see any English team win it tbh even if it was City

I didn't take it that way man ;) But yeah, me too, any English team really. Except United :lol: Sorry, don't mean to be difficult or anything but it's in my blood, disliking United :lol: The only two teams i actually hate hate hate, as in can't stand, like or respect under any circumstances is United and Tottenham, i just cannot be having either of those two.

I am the same with City Arsenal and Chelski to be fair always had a hate for them the funny thing is I never did mind Liverpool I just don't see them as a threat to us now days

You know what i mean though, you were there those years too, i mean alive and that, it was a really fierce rivalry, it ain't a me and you thing or anything cuz i think you're a top lad...just can't be having that fuckin' shirt you wear man, that Manchester red, nope nope nope!

I think it's something of a complex I've got y'know, cuz it's petered out really since we dropped off in quality but it's just never left me. Bear in mind for me, growing, United won EVERYTHING. A cup win and double here and there but generally it was all United, things like that stay with you :lol:

Liverpool I've always had a lot of time for. Arsenal and Liverpool are like, the quintessential English teams to me. Was different here, everyone was United. One of my best mates through my school years was a fuckin' Tottenham supporter, of all things :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

Highbury was fuckin' fantastic, no doubt...but at least you can see from all the seats at the Emirates :lol: I think atmosphere is down to the supporters, not the building itself although obviously there's nothing like the old terraces. But like, take a team like Bayern, look at their atmosphere...or Real Madrid, and they have posh stadiums, it's all about the fans man, the top English clubs, their fans have lost a bit of that racket making propensity.

Yeah but if I had just paid £80 for a ticket in the nose bleeds and had to extend my overdraft to buy a pie and a cup of tea I wouldn't be to cheery myself .

Where as in Germany a season ticket a Bayern München is something silly like £100 a season isn't it ? Madness

I was on the train on the way back from the first bayern game and there was this Bayern supporter there with his little kid and he was saying what you're saying, that a season ticket in Bayern in 90 something quid quid...now i done 70 something on the ticket i got, plus a score to bunk on the train getting there and back, plus a fiver for a carlsberg, of which i have at least two at half time and God knows how much for a quick pie or a burger or something, thats more that a fuckin' Bayern season ticket already, for one game.

Emirates is poncy co-operate Arab sheikh sort of name for an English stadium - my cricket ground is called it also because it is sponsered by some airline. It is fitting however. ''Highbury'' was a word that conjurers up magical memories of the FA Cup. Emirates is a word which conjures up images of French homosexual millionaires diving on a pitch during a Champions League game.

There is nothing English about 'English' football, that is for certain. The teams are owned by Arab Sheiks, Russian oligarchs and yanks. The players come from France, South America and Africa and all possess surnames which sound like venereal diseases. The managers are Portuguese, German, French, etc. The supporters - especially for Man U - are Mr Ching Chong Chang from China with no connection with the city of Manchester or Lancashire whatsoever. Football had a classless democratic appeal which attracted the working classes, drawing them in at the weekends because of the low ticket prices. It was connected with the local communities. Now, you need to take out a second mortgage to buy a season ticket. Whenever England play at that new Wembley, for the second half, most of the stadium cannot even be bothered to return to their seats as they are all gobbling down their prawn sandwiches in the executive lounge (granted, this is England). You see this every match, this whole stand of empty red seats when the second half begins! They knocked down Wembley with the towers, where Moore lifted the cup, and built your same modern crap you see everywhere. They knocked down Arsenal's and City's grounds also - all to get more money. They will probably knock down Old Trafford and Anfield one day also. There is no respect for the history of the sport. It is all to do with money, foreigners and corporate branding - they even renamed St James!

Face it, the creation of the Premiership destroyed English football. It assigned political and economic power to an elite bunch of clubs who dominate the FA, and sold out to Sky for manna. The national team suffered as a result, as all the money was injected into these same clubs, and managers/chairman could now dictate to the FA the terms regarding the players' national release. A few generations down the line and we now see the logical results of this: players who do not give a toss about playing for the three lions. Heck, Gazza would have played for England for free (or a case of Broon Ale and a Kebab).