The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

18 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

I got Kell to win tonight, he's a massive underdog! I can't believe ESPN has Crawford as the #1 P4P fighter in the world. Utterly insane! 

7 to 1 last I looked, was 8 before that, been toying with sticking some money on but I’m not a big fan of flushing money down the toilet.  hes not a bad shout for pound for pound, he cleared his division, went up a weight and undefeated so far as that weight, world champion to boot, wouldn’t say the level of competition has always been upper percentile though, who would you have for No 1 pound for pound?  Personally I think pound for pound is a bit of a joke, a bit illusory, difficult to argue against Canelo Alvarez though I would say.  Errol Spence has gotta be up there too.

Edited by Len Cnut

41 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Is WBO considered championship caliber amongst those who truly follow?

Well...its considered the softer ones isn’t it, or was, it just depends I suppose, I mean I remember a time when IBF was thought of as a bit mickey mouse, at any rate its a recognised title at world level and he’s still undefeated, its there to be proven.  Its not like he’s Eubank Jnr flashing his IBO about the place.

30 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Eddie H confirms 19th Dec Canelo v C Smith live on DAZN from USA

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/54981343

He's gonna get absolutely fuckin' planked.  This don't go the distance, Canelo will sleep him.

On 11/17/2020 at 12:35 AM, Coma16 said:

Thats because he's got talent but couldn't sell cake to fat kid. His interviews are the absolute worst. He needs Paul Haymon lol

'he's a throwback to the days of Ali, of Ray Leonard and Tommy Hearns', he's said that about Crawford, about Lomachenko, about Pacquiao, its his fuckin' go to line.

9 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

Iron Mike coming in about 4kg heavier than Roy..

Mate, at the risk of redundant repetition, the whole things a fuckin' joke, the undercards a joke, the hype is a joke and the biggest joke is that you have to pay 20 quid for it.  All these people like 'OMG MIKE LOOKS LIKE HIS PRIME AGAIN' off the back of a few well edited youtube clips.  Really?  His prime?  Is this what Mike looked like in his prime?

tyson-jones-weigh-2.jpg

Maybe I was watching a different fuckin' prime to everyone else.  And all these people getting all hyped up about this shit, I don't care about your fuckin' stem cells and your fuckin' cryo-chambers and ice baths and new age strength and conditioning and diet bullshit, no man can beat the clock, no fuckin' man and thats gonna be apparent really quick after the third round when these boys look like they're walking in treacle.

Now don't get me wrong, I ain't against a man wanting to fight if he wants to fight, what annoys me is the machine behind it, what annoys me is treating a fuckin' exhibition fight like some kinda championship contest, its just the most phoney bullshit and its bad for boxing because at the end of it its what, a sparring session and some youtube f@ggots on a fuckin' undercard, its snake oil, you're gonna get to fuckin' 4:30am and, once we've stopped wanking off over clips of Tyson 86 and Roy 98 we're gonna be left thinking 'what the fuck did I just watch?'.

And the REALLY sad part is, after all this big speech, I'm probably still gonna end up paying for it :lol:  8 two minute rounds for a phoney belt thats ain't worth the leather and steel it cost to make that shit.  I would love nothing more than for Mike to turn up, look great tonight, then go on and fuckin' take on AJ and Fury and do em both but it ain't gonna fuckin' happen, there are no fairytales in life.  I remember at the end of Mikes last fight he said he didnt want to carry on because he didn't want to embarass the sport of boxing and disrespect it by like...abusing it.  Not saying thats necessarily what he/they are doing now but...

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

https://www.bt.com/sport/watch

See DD v Joyce at the bottom in red box says BUY MONTH PASS

Cheers fella

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

It will be terrible. Put on your old clips of Tyson instead and save yourself the torture. 

Dubois vs Joyce will be good though, you should have a butchers at this lad Dubois, he’s quite good: