[FALSE] Orianthi Panagaris joins GNR

Orianthi's 15 minutes of fame have long expired, so it makes sense to join a big-name band to get back in the spotlight. Hopefully she's prepared to get shit on by fans who still can't handle Slash being gone.

I don't know what she's totally capable of as a guitarist, but from what I've heard in tracks like According to You's solo, she's likely a big step down from BBF's talent.

Edited by Gackt

Great musician and all but if it is true then I'm done

Is there any reason why you would think it is true? I have yet to see one myself.

Well, the topic hasn't been closed down yet (unlike the new album in 2015 thread).

I can't speak to why that may be as I do not control open or closed topics. A thread being open does not mean a topic is true or false IMO.

And honestly personally I would keep this open for the LOL's

I don't know either way but it definitely misleading to lock a topic for being a rumor but keeping another open for being a rumor.

Exactly.

Much love, mods, but can you please make a statement about this?

Is there any reason why you would think it is true? I have yet to see one myself.

Well, the topic hasn't been closed down yet (unlike the new album in 2015 thread).

I can't speak to why that may be as I do not control open or closed topics. A thread being open does not mean a topic is true or false IMO.

I don't know either way but it definitely misleading to lock a topic for being a rumor but keeping another open for being a rumor.

Exactly.

This. The fact that it's being kept open makes it seem valid.

Orianthi's 15 minutes of fame have long expired, so it makes sense to join a big-name band to get back in the spotlight. Hopefully she's prepared to get shit on by fans who still can't handle Slash being gone.

Doubt there's many Slash fans who'd care anymore ever since Ashba joined. I bet she'll get more stick from Bumble dorks

• Like 1

Doubt there's many Slash fans who'd care anymore ever since Ashba joined. I bet she'll get more stick from Bumble dorks

At a show I went to in '12, there were several hecklers by me yelling about Slash, Izzy and "vintage Guns" to Ashba, Fortus and Bumble. Fortus didn't acknowledge it, but Bumble and Ashba were pissed enough to get into a yelling match with the hecklers during a song and eventually summoned security to kick a bunch of people out. Needless to say, they never came back to that side of the stage again that night.

Exactly.

How about GunsGuy saying that Orianthi being in is as true as Axl being out? Sounds like a statement to me.

Love how people think your sexist for not wanting her in the band. The fact is she doesn't have the skill to replicate bucket and bumbles parts. Seen her live three or 4 times and it seemed she had no stage presence and sound had no punch. worst than ashba? No. fact is it's a rumour , no confirmation from bumble that he's even left.

Love how people think your sexist for not wanting her in the band. The fact is she doesn't have the skill to replicate bucket and bumbles parts. Seen her live three or 4 times and it seemed she had no stage presence and sound had no punch. worst than ashba? No. fact is it's a rumour , no confirmation from bumble that he's even left.

How dare you speak like this about a woman guitar player? Do you know how hard it is to be a girl who plays guitar? Oriental kicks ass, you go girl! Show these boys how to play It's So Easy properly!

Exactly.

How about GunsGuy saying that Orianthi being in is as true as Axl being out? Sounds like a statement to me.

He's not a mod.

Ax can bring in any guitar player he wants, make him wear a mask, lipstick, pizza hut plte on he head and have them play all 10 at once and h stll on't be able to replace Slash.

Gunners wer Slash/Duff/Matt or Steve and Axl - not just Axl.

no matter what he does he will never be able to reproduc that sond. period!

• Like 2

Ax can bring in any guitar player he wants, make him wear a mask, lipstick, pizza hut plte on he head and have them play all 10 at once and h stll on't be able to replace Slash.

Gunners wer Slash/Duff/Matt or Steve and Axl - not just Axl.

no matter what he does he will never be able to reproduc that sond. period!

Amen.

You'll get Chinese leftovers this year or next, which I'm looking forward to. But I'm not sure what happens after that. I'd love Axl and Slash to end this pointless feud but I don't think either ego would allow it. Shame really.

MSL says "guess she signed".

One person thinks "she" is Orianthi.

Snowballs from there to the "rumour" being featured in international blogs, to the point that Orianthi cracks a joke about it after undoubtedly being hassled non-stop with "IS IT TO BE TRUE???!!!!JEJEJEJE"

Amazing how ideas spread so fast, regardless of veracity.

A broad in Guns N Roses

Just kill this fucking band already

Well, another Rose

Kill this band because a girl joined them? there is plenty of reasons why Axl's band is a joke right now, but this is not one of them

are you from the 19th century or what?

He's from a gangster movie from the early 1930's.

Seriously though, "most dangerous band in the world" my ass. Once upon a time, GNR was a force to be reckoned with. Nowadays they're no danger to anyone or anything. They've basically gone soft. That isn't a good excuse to feel like a girl wouldn't be a good fit in the band.

Maybe they can do better than Orianthi, but they could also do a hell of a lot worse - but that has nothing to do with gender in the slightest.

Orianthi's 15 minutes of fame have long expired, so it makes sense to join a big-name band to get back in the spotlight.

She's what, 29 years old? She has all the time in the world to grow, play with other interesting musicians and continue excelling in her craft.

A lot of the posts on this and other threads have been nothing BUT sexism. They've basically amounted to OH NOES A GIRL IN THE BAND!!!11111111!!!!! I'M DONE IF TEH EBIL GIRL PLAYS FOR GNR!!111111 There have been a few people who have actually been discussing her guitar playing and whether or not it is to their liking, but there have been far more people going ballistic because she happens to have a healthy pair of X chromosomes.

Edited by stella