Axl's gift to DJ.

It's probably something that everyone in the band already has. DJ probably didn't get one and so Axl sent him his personal one as a gift to say "you are important to this record and this band"

Rather you agree or not is up to you. Maybe DJ wrote an awesome song recently and Axl wanted to thank him. He buys guys in his band stuff all the time though.

Idk all the merchandise is being moved out of the GNR store, the touring has seemingly come to an end, and now he's giving away his personal trophies from the album.

Is Axl moving on from Chinese Democracy after 6 years?

6 years ? Since 2001

• Like 1

Are we sure it is for DJ? I mean maybe a friend or relative of DJ wanted something signed by Axl. And DJ just asked Axl. And he go it for someone else.

:shrugs:

Yea, it says DJ on the top and DJ says he will hang it in his house.

Well then both of them are the ultimate narcissists

• Like 1

I don't see anything wrong with Axl giving a present to a fellow band member.

For Christmas, I received tons of presents from my boss, company and co-workers. I have given out presents to them as well.

It's a normal thing among people who work together-

• Like 1

It's probably something that everyone in the band already has. DJ probably didn't get one and so Axl sent him his personal one as a gift to say "you are important to this record and this band"

Rather you agree or not is up to you. Maybe DJ wrote an awesome song recently and Axl wanted to thank him. He buys guys in his band stuff all the time though.

Idk all the merchandise is being moved out of the GNR store, the touring has seemingly come to an end, and now he's giving away his personal trophies from the album.

Is Axl moving on from Chinese Democracy after 6 years?

6 years ? Since 2001

Oops...you're more accurate. I'm assuming that from 98-06 Axl was working on 3 albums and then I started the clock on the albums release date. Truth is Axl has been working CD for 16 years.

That brings up another topic though. I don't believe Axl worked every day on the album. I honestly feel like he only worked on it for two weeks out of each year. In my opinion he was lazy in terms of creating from 98-now.

• Like 1

I don't see anything wrong with Axl giving a present to a fellow band member.

For Christmas, I received tons of presents from my boss, company and co-workers. I have given out presents to them as well.

It's a normal thing among people who work together-

"fan" forum where the glass is half-empty...

• Like 1

Those platinum/gold/diamond records are useless to some artists. On an episode of some toy hunting show on TV, Gene Simmons signed one of his framed gold records (thinking Love Gun's) to the host of the show and gave it away.

I'm guessing once ChiDem hit the mark, the label shipped Axl a box full of them to pass off to the band members that contributed to the album. Obviously Finck, Bucket, Brain and others likely never got theirs, so Axl shipped one off to DJ to get rid of them.

Remember to always be thinking of Ashba when you hear those riffs and solos on ChiDem. Each and every one of them is retconned to being Ashba now. :lol:

K... A little context is needed.

Assuming this an official gold album award, it would have been issued by the RIAA. Album sales plaques not produced by record labels or the artists, but by the industry association that's responsible for tracking sales and protecting rights holders.

They're also awarded to individuals or companies that were involved in the album's creation. Each award includes the name/person of who it's been awarded to. Generally, they're fairly liberal about who receives one, especially on albums that involve a lot of people.

This means that anyone who has a songwriting credit or is included in the liner notes received their own award in their name. Yes, this means Bumble, Frank, Brain, Buckethead, Fortus, Tommy, Dizzy, Freese, and anyone else who contributed to the album would have received theirs years ago when the album went gold. DJ is only getting one now because Axl gave him one (who knows, perhaps Axl requested one be made that's dedicated to DJ, or perhaps he just gave an extra one he had on hand but it wouldn't include DJ's name).

People need to calm down about these sorts of things. Didn't get the sense that DJ was bragging, more along the lines that he was appreciative of the gift Axl gave him.

EDIT: On closer inspection, it looks like DJ's name is on the award. Guess Axl did some lobbying on DJ's behalf.

• Like 1

Why do you guys have to maker a parody of everything?

Because we're fans of Guns N Roses in 2015. Self explanatory.

Besides, I asked a couple of serious questions a few posts ago. Care to contribute to constructive discussion?

Axl gave DJ a gift. Ashba shared the info on instagram. The end.

Thanks for clearing that up, downzy.

Everyone seems pretty calm to me, though. :shrugs:

I'm not going to suggest that all criticisms of DJ are unfair, because lord knows his persona isn't for everyone.

But it's getting a little tiring and predictable that anything DJ does instantly becomes fodder for disdain and ridicule.

• Like 1