Art of Anarchy (Band w/ BBF & Weiland)

So it's over before it began. Scott made his point with "where I'm at RIGHT NOW". I'm speculating they sat on this for a while to try to get it out on a major label.

A bit disrespectful, really -- unless they were trying to fuck him over.

How would you like if some one-off you probably didn't even take seriously which was done over a year ago was being paraded as some big thing by the media, which in the media and fans eyes makes you look commited to it? He's probably pissed at the way the media is treating it as if it is current, big and important, when to him it was just a fun jam.

Not bad but nothing earth shattering. Still better then any of Bumbles solo stuff IMHO.

What I find interesting is Scott rejected the first round of VR demos as being too generic and now he is in a band with Bumble making fairly generic metal. Guess he is willing to take anything for $$$ these days. :shrugs:

So all those who doubted Subsy when I told everyone he was out BEFORE Vegas (before any rumours had evn occurred) when others tried to discredit (inc my own co admin HV who didn't believe it :) and other large personalities went further stating "Subs is lying I've spoken to BBF I can't divulge but I can tell you he's not leaving gnr after Vegas" type nonsense -- can all, line up and kiss my perfectly and yet ever so beautiful british bottom

Thanks.

YOU TELL EM SUBS WOOOOOOOOOOOOO ANOTHER WIN FOR TEAM SUBS

Edited by Haters Gonna Hate
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I wonder when they will release the single. It would be really cool to hear bumblefoot on the radio, the material sounds good from the clips they released. It seems to me though like this is more of a Bumblefoot project than a band though, which isn't necessarily bad.

I can't help but think that releasing a debut album with a vocalist who obviously wont do anything else with the band is a bad idea though.... I mean, what happens? They put out a single, it becomes a hit, then they tour and release future albums with someone different? IMO it's always hardest to replace vocalists because the general public recognizes vocalists of guitarists. Axl replaced the whole band and I still like GnR, but Journey replaced Steve Perry and I don't even bother with them now.... There are very few examples of successful vocalist replacements.... Van Halen did it, Alice in Chains did it, but most bands can't pull it off.

its just funny how bbf is working with sw

this can only mean one thing..

Scott said he doesnt wants to do anything related to this album, he dint go in the studio with Ron, Ron and others send songs to Scott and Scott recorded his vocals and send it back to them and he did some photoshoots with them

So if they tour, Ron would have to find a new singer or most prob he will sing himself cause he wont tour to promote his and this album separately

There are very few examples of successful vocalist replacements.... Van Halen did it, Alice in Chains did it, but most bands can't pull it off.

Sabbath (several times), Judas Priest, Genesis, Iron Maiden (twice), AC/DC, Rainbow, Pink Floyd ...

Edited by Schwarzgold

There are very few examples of successful vocalist replacements.... Van Halen did it, Alice in Chains did it, but most bands can't pull it off.

Sabbath (several times), Judas Priest, Genesis, Iron Maiden (twice), AC/DC, Rainbow, Pink Floyd ...

Dio was the only guy Sabbath managed to "pull it off" with though, Gillan, Hughes, Ray Gillen and Tony Martin aren't what I would call successful replacements (even if they were good)

Ripper Owens and Blaze didn't work out either.

• Like 1

Dio was the only guy Sabbath managed to "pull it off" with though, Gillan, Hughes, Ray Gillen and Tony Martin aren't what I would call successful replacements (even if they were good)

Ripper Owens and Blaze didn't work out

True, the degree of success varies significantly in this list, though I'd like to point out that even the less successful replacements never lead to the collapse or total commercial death of any of the examples.

But yeah, your points are valid - but even corrected that way, it's still an impressive list:

Sabbath, Genesis, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Rainbow, Pink Floyd

• Like 1

Oh god, that music sounds pretty bad. At first I was excited, cause I'm a big Weiland-fan, but now when I listen to those snippets...ugh, no thanks. They're really bad. Is this the new business model for musicians? To make generic rock with rich kids?

And that picture is terrible. Awful photoshopping.

Ripper Owens and Blaze didn't work out either.

Gillian's album with Sabbath rules. Maybe if he stuck with them they would have gotten some traction. Hughes was only in Sabbath by default, as the label insisted on calling it "Black Sabbath." Ray Gillen never released an album with them, and I'll give you Tony Martin, although some of his work with the band was pretty good.

AOA album sounds okay--sort of by-the-numbers 00's rock. Scott's new album sounds a lot better.

Gillian's album with Sabbath rules. Maybe if he stuck with them they would have gotten some traction. Hughes was only in Sabbath by default, as the label insisted on calling it "Black Sabbath." Ray Gillen never released an album with them, and I'll give you Tony Martin, although some of his work with the band was pretty good.

Yeah as far as I'm concerned,besides Ozzy, Ian Gillan was the best frontman they had- Born Again is a kick ass album and Ian is also the only guy who could do the Ozzy stuff justice live (sung the Dio material well too IMO)

Ray Gillen got wiped off The Eternal Idol and had his vocals replaced by Martin's- it's pretty much note for note, that's Ray's album really.

Tony Martin was only ever the guy Iommi had because that's the best he could do, Martin was dumped any and every time someone else came along :P

Yeah as far as I'm concerned,besides Ozzy, Ian Gillan was the best frontman they had- Born Again is a kick ass album and Ian is also the only guy who could do the Ozzy stuff justice live (sung the Dio material well too IMO)

Ray Gillen got wiped off The Eternal Idol and had his vocals replaced by Martin's- it's pretty much note for note, that's Ray's album really.

Tony Martin was only ever the guy Iommi had because that's the best he could do, Martin was dumped any and every time someone else came along :P

The deluxe album of The Eternal Idol has Gillen's vocals on the bonus disc. Good stuff.

Mildly interested because of SW and will give it a listen, going in with low expectations.

But Dean DeLeo>Bumble and in the battle of AoA's, Army of Anyone will win with this alone:

I thought Army of Anyone was excellent. If it had been released in the late 1990's/early 2000's it may have done better.

• Like 1