Vegetarian/Vegan thread.

Snake-Pit

So...

Life is hard work already. No need to make it worse with dietary nonsense.

On the country, it's so easy...

Walk into a club, dance, move on, make out, move on, hook up, move on, and find yourself in some park with some next woman fucking 'till daylight... I just simplified a pretty simple night right there.

Anyways, I digress...

I find myself anally reading all the packaging too to see if it's vegetarian friendly.

Normally you need a job to live that lifestyle.

So... How's your skills vs. your job market and how far a field are you looking for work?

Life is hard work already. No need to make it worse with dietary nonsense.

On the country, it's so easy...

Walk into a club, dance, move on, make out, move on, hook up, move on, and find yourself in some park with some next woman fucking 'till daylight... I just simplified a pretty simple night right there.

Anyways, I digress...

I find myself anally reading all the packaging too to see if it's vegetarian friendly.

Normally you need a job to live that lifestyle.

Snake-Pit can probably hook you up with a gig in adult entertainment, Nasty Nate.

I went vegan in the last 5 years and my health improved a lot, no more flu, headaches and allergies, now moved to Raw Vegan, here in Brazil is very easy to find organic fruits and vegetables

I learn something new everyday... 'Raw Vegan' - It excludes all food and products of animal origin, as well as food cooked at a temperature above 48 °C (118 °F)

Edited by Snake-Pit

I've been a vegetarian for over 15 years. I find most stores and restaurants offer a nice variety of vegetarian foods. I'm a big fan of italian cuisine (spaghetti, pizza, lasagna, ...) and veggie burgers. There's a local takeout place that has amazing veggie burgers. I also love making vegetarian vol-au-vent (just replace the meat with cheese), veggie hot dogs, ... And also preparing vegetables (brussels sprouts, cabbage, savoy stew, mushrooms, baked potatoes, ...). I replace the nutrients I'm missing from meat mainly with mushrooms. And I probably eat too much cheese. :lol:

And yes, it is true about vegetarians producing more gas. ;)

Edited by Bumblefeet

I once read that vegans are the unhealthiest people. It was a survey by a medical university and, in brief, they came up with this ranking (in order of health),

1/ Pescetarians

2/ Vegetarians

3/ Carnivores

4/ Vegans

I basically believe in the 'balanced' diet. I probably eat a lot less meat than most British or Americans. I am, border-line, pescetarian. I do like chicken though.

Well fish is meat, but I suppose people have invented this term, pescetarian, because they are making the distinction between mammal meat and fish meat. Fish is much healthier whereas beef and lamb are packed with saturated fats. Also, some societies are inherently pescetarian whether that be through (historic) religious dietary restrictions or the type and abundance (or lack of) of fauna. Much of the (Buddhist) Asiatic world eats little to no meat.

I'll be changing my eating habits soon, more vegetables, no crap. Salmon tastes superb.

You might be on to a winner, given a poll I've just seen.

Well fish is meat, but I suppose people have invented this term, pescetarian, because they are making the distinction between mammal meat and fish meat. Fish is much healthier whereas beef and lamb are packed with saturated fats. Also, some societies are inherently pescetarian whether that be through (historic) religious dietary restrictions or the type and abundance (or lack of) of fauna. Much of the (Buddhist) Asiatic world eats little to no meat.

True, also, maybe that's why folks in Japan live so long... Wanna live a long healthy life? Try eating Japanese food/adopt the Japanese diet. Seem to be a lot of fish in that cuisine.

Thinking of cholesterol... and would be concerns there further down the line on a diet of this, I'm going to have to get into Quorn and... Learn to love tofu... - I already liked Linda McCartney Vegetarian Sausages anyway, for well over a year now...

Edited by Snake-Pit

I'll be changing my eating habits soon, more vegetables, no crap. Salmon tastes superb.

True, also, maybe that's why folks in Japan live so long... Wanna live a long healthy life? Try eating Japanese food/adopt the Japanese diet. Seem to be a lot of fish in that cuisine.

True. Fish is excellent for you. Full of Omega oils.

Japan has abundant coastline and a historic religious dietary restriction, by which, meat was prohibited (but fish was allowed on certain days). Economically also, they did not develop husbandry as Europeans did (Japan remained a land of small rice cultivators). This all shapes the Japanese diet, even today.

Today, since the dietary restrictions were lifted in the 19th century, Japan has some of the finest beef in the world (Kobe beef) and have worked chicken, beef and pork into their diet, manufacturing dishes which are identifiable 'Japanese'. But still, you will find that the Japanese eat far less meat per head than Europeans. The trick is to eat meat less frequently and when you do have meat, have smaller quantities of meat - not these big slabs of steak we have in the west. A balanced diet should consist of about 45% carbs, 35% protein, 20% fat - something like that. A typical western meal is 40% fat, 40% carbs and next to no protein.

True. Fish is excellent for you. Full of Omega oils.

Japan has abundant coastline and a historic religious dietary restriction, by which, meat was prohibited (but fish was allowed on certain days). Economically also, they did not develop husbandry as Europeans did (Japan remained a land of small rice cultivators). This all shapes the Japanese diet, even today.

Today, since the dietary restrictions were lifted in the 19th century, Japan has some of the finest beef in the world (Kobe beef) and have worked chicken, beef and pork into their diet, manufacturing dishes which are identifiable 'Japanese'. But still, you will find that the Japanese eat far less meat per head than Europeans. The trick is to eat meat less frequently and when you do have meat, have smaller quantities of meat - not these big slabs of steak we have in the west. A balanced diet should consist of about 45% carbs, 35% protein, 20% fat - something like that. A typical western meal is 40% fat, 40% carbs and next to no protein.

The trick is to never starve or stretch your stomach, regularly nibble, eat small loads frequently, do sit ups and love celery for a flatter stomach... But yeah, Japan... I justify soy sauce on my rice as by means of protein but still, should cut down on my carbohydrate'...

Eat what you fuckin' like, just do the requisite exercise so you don't end up looking like a fuckin' pudding. The end. All this poncing about with saturated fats and Flora marg' advert bollocks, it's for fuckin' knackered old blue rinse bags getting over the business end of menopause. This idea of blokes, thats BLOKES, men, geezers, fellas fuckin' worrying about their fuckin' waists, are you taking the fucking piss?!? :lol:

• Like 1