Stan Collymore vs Rangers Fans

fred_carston

The main correction I would make to your paragraph was that Episcopalianism was far more prevalent among Highlanders than Roman Catholicism, after the reformation. The idea that Jacobitism was a Catholic movement is exaggerated. Also, by the time of the foundation of Celtic (which was the main driver in the native Presbyterian population to adopt Rangers as "their" team, though it could realistically have been Queen's Park, or any other Glasgow team), the Highlands had become staunchly Presbyterian debarring a few Catholic strongholds in the southern Outer Hebrides, which remains the case to this day.

The main correction I would make to your paragraph was that Episcopalianism was far more prevalent among Highlanders than Roman Catholicism, after the reformation. The idea that Jacobitism was a Catholic movement is exaggerated. Also, by the time of the foundation of Celtic (which was the main driver in the native Presbyterian population to adopt Rangers as "their" team, though it could realistically have been Queen's Park, or any other Glasgow team), the Highlands had become staunchly Presbyterian debarring a few Catholic strongholds in the southern Outer Hebrides, which remains the case to this day.

True. Switch 'Catholicism' with 'High Church.'

Dies', I go there nearly every week... Please credit me with a bit of knowledge of my own culture.

As for the picture, that's Celtic Park for starters. Also, you don't see many Saltires among the Celtic support either...

Fly's proudly above the stadium, as long as it's there that's all that matters. Away European ties are when you mostly see the Saltire and the Tri-colour,

Football fans are generally fairly moronic anyway. Did anyone see those Chelsea louts on the Paris metro?

It's been happening with that lot for years. They've always had a section of fans that are right-wing nutters.

Is that Chelsea specific though? In East Europe they still throw bananas on the field. In spain they still do monkey chants. And moving outside racism, there was a Newcastle fan punching a police horse! Wouldn't happen with cricket fans, or Rugby fans, or any other sports fans.

I'd go as far as saying Chelsea are probably the most hated team in England, largely down to the behaviour of their support. There has been reports over the years with part of their support being Nazi sympathizers etc along with causing uproar as they done in Paris. A bit mental considering one of there greatest ever players Didier Drogba is black, aswell as many of the current team coming from different parts of the world. The fanbase has strong connections with the fans of the club that thinks it's Rangers.

The Malley's version is the definitive version.

I thought this would be about the NY Rangers.

I've been to an Old Firm on Parkhead or Celtic Part, whichever it was called, I forgot. Was quite an experience. Scottish league is so uninteresting without Henrik Larsson though.

How long ago was that?

There have been a few genuine class players since Larsson, one of which was Shunsuke Nakamura.

Dies', I go there nearly every week... Please credit me with a bit of knowledge of my own culture.

As for the picture, that's Celtic Park for starters. Also, you don't see many Saltires among the Celtic support either...

Fly's proudly above the stadium, as long as it's there that's all that matters. Away European ties are when you mostly see the Saltire and the Tri-colour,

Football fans are generally fairly moronic anyway. Did anyone see those Chelsea louts on the Paris metro?

It's been happening with that lot for years. They've always had a section of fans that are right-wing nutters.

Is that Chelsea specific though? In East Europe they still throw bananas on the field. In spain they still do monkey chants. And moving outside racism, there was a Newcastle fan punching a police horse! Wouldn't happen with cricket fans, or Rugby fans, or any other sports fans.

I'd go as far as saying Chelsea are probably the most hated team in England, largely down to the behaviour of their support. There has been reports over the years with part of their support being Nazi sympathizers etc along with causing uproar as they done in Paris. A bit mental considering one of there greatest ever players Didier Drogba is black, aswell as many of the current team coming from different parts of the world. The fanbase has strong connections with the fans of the club that thinks it's Rangers.

The Malley's version is the definitive version.

I thought this would be about the NY Rangers.

I've been to an Old Firm on Parkhead or Celtic Part, whichever it was called, I forgot. Was quite an experience. Scottish league is so uninteresting without Henrik Larsson though.

How long ago was that?

There have been a few genuine class players since Larsson, one of which was Shunsuke Nakamura.

but you can't buy the Malleys version anywhere, good luck to Pat Chessell I hope it keeps selling