What Are You Listening To 2015.

Zint

Guest Len B'stard

Götterdämmerung Act 1 - Wagner

I'm most impressed if you can appreciate Wagner, Len. He's one of the few composers I can't fucking stand. <_<
Musically speaking or because he was a fascist bastard? :lol:
Well both really, but predominantly because I find his music too heavy. I just don't enjoy it, it becomes a chore and that's not what music should be. It's really not for me. Give me Mozart, Bach, Satie, Handel and I'm happy. But Wagner disturbs me.
I love Wagner for that same reason, its so intense, it doesnt let you off the hook, its not soothing or forgiving, it totally subverted typical notions of harmony, it can be relentless.

Wagners contribution to music is just so immense and his music just transports you to another place, its just so epic, so grand in scale and intent...and it lives up to it too. Shame he was a soulless anti-semitic bastard but then you don't judge art by the creator, tricky though it may be sometimes.

Yes, of course. And especially not of people that lived in a culturally less forgiving time than we do. I just find his music too grating and constantly dramatic. There's no dynamic, it's just heavy handed all the way, for me. The reason I love Mozart so much is because he had so much subtlety, so much innocence and so much humanity to his music. I can't hear it in Wagner.

Even according to his times though Wagners views were plain evil, in one of his essays i recall he wrote something like 'the highest service that the jewish race can do for humankind is to collectively burn themselves alive', his writings were the first mention of something like the holocaust, whether being taken on his word is something he would've been happy with is debatable but the fact is he did write that shit and his music is extremely and violently nationalistic.

Guest Len B'stard

I've got my Isreal Kamakawiwo'Ole albums on shuffle. I'm currently listening to his beautiful Somewhere Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World melody

You're definitely not Miser :lol:

Shitallica - Megadeth?

Hey you're listening to Newkid.

Yeah, it's a pretty solid album.

That was the first time I listened to shitallica. The hell is that? A Metallica cover band making fun of Mustaine.

"Gave drover no money" :lol: Classic

Fractal Shadows - Buckethead