Brain speaks about Guns (and Buckethead)

JDog & Dark Knight - I AGREE - Uncle AXL should've kept the bucket, robin, brain dynamic in gnr post slash, duff, and matt. bucket, robin, and brain recorded all the chidem songs we yet 2 hear - wasted opportunity they not in gnr right now

Edited by pockets
  • Like 1

Honestly, I'm so glad this era of the music industry is over. This is embarrassing, actually. I do audio engineering and I also produce music for bands in nyc, and I'd not tolerate even one tiny bit of this horseshit.

Axl hasn't been about "making music" since the UYI era. He's a fucking joke, especially considering the types of childish shenanigans that insiders disclose.

• Like 3

The story of Axl pointing out the missing kickdrum near the end shows just how much of a perfectionist Axl can be, though it is ridiculous they needed to run CD's to his house instead of Axl hauling his ass to the damn studio to be there live :lol:

Santa Monica sounded like an expensive music school but it sounded valuable in what they picked up, and you'll never see anything like that happen in rock again, the tools and recording techniques are something seasoned musicians can do from home, and if they need a studio, they have a lot of the work done. Then it's about atmosphere of the room and engineers and producers putting their heads together.

Some people don't want to give up on their old ways of making music so there will always be a need for studios. It might be down to movie studios being all that's left of recording studios, or The Palms only because that's part of the hotel.

As far as the stories, most of his bitching was centered around Rock in Rio but there was a lot riding on that show, he didn't even get into the 2002 cancellations which is where you saw a lot of fans give up on GNR because it was 'more of the same old shit'. He's also not going to badmouth bandmates that he spent years with and then run into them later having to hear "why did you say this about me?"

He seems like he would fill in for Frank if asked the same way Duff did for Tommy.

Geez the backlash starts now! So if there's no reunion tonight, you all are just gonna bash Axl. Not mentioning the fact Slash & Duff quit, can't have been easy dealing with millionaire junkies. GnR right now is the shits but at least somebody tried to rescue it instead of walking away not giving a shit.

One album in 24 years proves your point wrong.
  • Like 1

Geez the backlash starts now! So if there's no reunion tonight, you all are just gonna bash Axl. Not mentioning the fact Slash & Duff quit, can't have been easy dealing with millionaire junkies. GnR right now is the shits but at least somebody tried to rescue it instead of walking away not giving a shit.

Better than 24 years of buttrock, don't you agree?

A more sensible comparison would be putting what Axl managed to do with the name against what old Guns did in 5 years, or what most bands/musicians do. (release music)

Edited by Rovim

Slash and Duff walked away from a tyrant and have continued their careers by collaborating with many different musicians and bands over the last 20 years, continually releasing music, playing live, releasing dvd's, writing books, etc etc.

And Axl kept the GNR name and has twiddled his thumbs in the same time frame turning himself and the GNR name into a long running joke and is now spoken of in the past tense while Duff and Slash are well liked and respected by the industry, fans and their peers and continue to build on their legacy.

• Like 4

What is buttrock? I'm a fan of all kinds of music, regardless of who sings it or what genre it is.

I'd rather have 5-6 albums from Axl than just one. I guess you and I differ in that regard.

Are you making some sort of weird comparison to the music Axl puts out compared to Slash, Duff and Izzy? Surely you aren't, you surely are more intelligent than that. I hope you aren't that stupid. Only complete morons think that it is some sort of competition.

But just for fun. Which fan do you think is more happy? Since 1994

Artist A: one album, guest spot on two or three albums, an interview about every five years, songs kept secret in a mythical vault.

Or

Artist B: 8 studio albums, guest spot on about 25 different albums, several interviews every year, YouTube spots showing behind the scenes action while recording new album.

Which fan do you think is more satisfied?

Slash and Duff walked away from a tyrant and have continued their careers by collaborating with many different musicians and bands over the last 20 years, continually releasing music, playing live, releasing dvd's, writing books, etc etc.

And Axl kept the GNR name and has twiddled his thumbs in the same time frame turning himself and the GNR name into a long running joke and is now spoken of in the past tense while Duff and Slash are well liked and respected by the industry, fans and their peers and continue to build on their legacy.

Creeper fans don't understand this. They think the world revolves around Axl and that slash/duff and izzy were just lucky to be graced with his presence.

Axl is my favorite rock singer of all time. I love CD. GnR is my favorite band of all time. I named my last dog Axl. But some of the "fans" on these forums make me embarrassed to be a GnR and Axl fan. Crazy is crazy, even if they love the same singer you do.

There is really no mystery why this band are so messed up, listening to that. This is a guy, Axl, who has riders hand discs of what his so called 'band' are doing, only for him to communicate on the phone with them 30 mins later. This is the genius Axl method of, ''how to make an album''. This is a guy who couldn't even be bothered to turn up to rehearsals for his first big show in eight years, only to arrive hours later and watch everything from a settee without saying a word. The guy is a fruit loop. He makes Michael Jackson look like a normal geezer you would go to the pub with. No wonder musicians leave this band at an incredible rate. No wonder no new music is released.

Honestly, I'm so glad this era of the music industry is over. This is embarrassing, actually. I do audio engineering and I also produce music for bands in nyc, and I'd not tolerate even one tiny bit of this horseshit.

Axl hasn't been about "making music" since the UYI era. He's a fucking joke, especially considering the types of childish shenanigans that insiders disclose.

Buddy, if you somehow found yourself lucky enough to be one of the engineers on a GnR record you would be so excited about it that you would take any and all the shit that came with it. Once you would be in the same room as Axl, you would shrink back just like everyone else and just pander to him.

Also, "Axl hasn't been about "making music" since the UYI era"that's total bull, he may not have released a lot of new music but he has wrote and recorded tons of songs, at least that's what everyone in and out of the GnR camp has said... unless you know something more than the people who are around him daily or know him in a working environment.

You know for all the crazy and inefficient things that Axl does and the amount of nonsense and lengths he goes to in order to achieve whatever it is he wants to achieve..I have to say that I still follow him because of his craziness. Don't get me wrong I look forward to the day we get new music from him and I think he's one of the most naturally talented singers in history, but he stays interesting because there are so many stories about what makes Axl...Axl. It really is insane the way he lives, but at the same time if he was anything else I don't know if I would care as much.

• Like 3

What is buttrock? I'm a fan of all kinds of music, regardless of who sings it or what genre it is.

I'd rather have 5-6 albums from Axl than just one. I guess you and I differ in that regard.

Are you making some sort of weird comparison to the music Axl puts out compared to Slash, Duff and Izzy? Surely you aren't, you surely are more intelligent than that. I hope you aren't that stupid. Only complete morons think that it is some sort of competition.

But just for fun. Which fan do you think is more happy? Since 1994

Artist A: one album, guest spot on two or three albums, an interview about every five years, songs kept secret in a mythical vault.

Or

Artist B: 8 studio albums, guest spot on about 25 different albums, several interviews every year, YouTube spots showing behind the scenes action while recording new album.

Which fan do you think is more satisfied?

Creeper fans don't understand this. They think the world revolves around Axl and that slash/duff and izzy were just lucky to be graced with his presence.

Axl is my favorite rock singer of all time. I love CD. GnR is my favorite band of all time. I named my last dog Axl. But some of the "fans" on these forums make me embarrassed to be a GnR and Axl fan. Crazy is crazy, even if they love the same singer you do.

why are you posting the EXACT SAME SHIT thread after thread for years now?

why are you make 2-3 people's opinion a general consensus about GNR related things when it's clearer than day that your assumptions and comments only contain straw man arguments?

The story of Axl pointing out the missing kickdrum near the end shows just how much of a perfectionist Axl can be, though it is ridiculous they needed to run CD's to his house instead of Axl hauling his ass to the damn studio to be there live :lol:

it shows how ideal ear for music he has...