Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-reunion-rumors-quashed/

"Unfortunately, it sounds like that was just wishful thinking at least according to Soundwave promoter A.J. Maddah, who tells Music Feeds that as fun as its been for him to indulge in the fantasy of hosting one of rocks most long hoped-for reunions, he has to point out the obvious: Getting those guys back together would take a long time and a lot of lawyers."

Who the hell cares what the dumb ass promoter has to say? He knows shit, not even one tenth of the shit we know. The soundwave rumour was obvious bullshit and here he's right. But other than that what he says is just as worthy as what I happen to shit out every morning... :facepalm:

Why do you think that you know 10 times more than what somebody actually in the music business does?

He knows that Axl and Slasj cleared up some differences. He knows there is no official reunion tour right now.

Please tell us the ten things you know about the current situation that this promoter doesn't know. Thanks.

Honestly just curious if nugnr fans sit around all day waiting for a new release?

Pretty much, yeah. But just in the last 7 years or so. In total, others have waited longer. I only waited 8 years for Chinese, and 7 for CD ll and still counting.

Of course I can't really do anything with my life until the trilogy is released. You gotta put in the time and put everything else on hold to be able to immerse yourself in complexity.

• Like 1

Honestly just curious if nugnr fans sit around all day waiting for a new release?

So how's that reunion coming?

LOL reunion.

Nothing of significant value will ever be produced from gnr again imo. I wouldn't even want to see a reunion with the state of Axl's voice. Everyone else playing there insturments perfectly and then watching Axl would just be cringeworthy.

He is still awesome tho. Axl is the best.

LOL reunion.

Nothing of significant value will ever be produced from gnr again imo. I wouldn't even want to see a reunion with the state of Axl's voice. Everyone else playing there insturments perfectly and then watching Axl would just be cringeworthy.

Sounds like sour grapes, honestly.

LOL reunion.

Sounds like sour grapes, honestly.

I meant *their

LOL reunion.

You'd go see them....we all would. No- (I've ripped him too) Axl's voice isn't 1993 anymore but he's still Axl Rose. Put him on stage with Slash again and we'd all be there. Id be 1st in line.
  • Like 2

Axl's refusal to ever communicate with Slash again was what made him "real" compared to others in the business, it showed he wasn't dictated by money and fame. Everything about his personality is up for debate for now. Very disappointing.

Lolz

Guy just couldn't keep his hands on his ears going "lalalalalalalalaIcanthearyou" forever...

Guns N' Roses forums produce the most immature and retarded fans I have ever witnessed... Whatever Axl, Slash or any of them do.. Opinions from the small fraction of their fans who post here won't shape their actions.. It amazes me the amount of bitterness and douchery some people want to make of this possibly positive situation, if it fact it is true.

• Like 3

Axl's refusal to ever communicate with Slash again was what made him "real" compared to others in the business, it showed he wasn't dictated by money and fame. Everything about his personality is up for debate for now. Very disappointing.

Sure dude. That's why Duff and Slash leaved and Axl took the name.

I always assumed Axl took the name because he viewed himself as GNR, not for cash.

LOL reunion.

You'd go see them....we all would. No- (I've ripped him too) Axl's voice isn't 1993 anymore but he's still Axl Rose. Put him on stage with Slash again and we'd all be there. Id be 1st in line.

I would go but I would be cringing everytime he opened his mouth. I would rather a reunion not happen tho. I bet the tickets would be too much anyways.

That has nothing to do with my post.

I know I was being funny.

I always assumed Axl took the name because he viewed himself as GNR, not for cash.

Real GNR was never a one man show.

Real GNR was never a one man show.
it never was but for a singer it's easier to label himself als THE main man or something Because most bands don't work that well with a much different singer, look at Crue they made one album with corabi and it's a pretty good album but nobody cared cause Vince wasn't on it.. Even if corabi is a better singer. Same goes for kiss, it still works for the fans as long as gene and Paul are in there, also Because they sing most of the bands repertoire. As for Iron Maiden, they became big only after Bruce joined and when he was out for a few years,Maiden wasn't doing it that well either... Black Sabbath,they reunite with ozzy and bam! There you have a New kickass Black Sabbath album like it should be, would it have worked without ozzy? No man.

Axl was just left holding the can, he formed a new partnership which they didnt want to join.

It makes sense early on that Axl didnt want to be Slashs friend. But maybe now theres no lawsuits or business cock blocking. Slash has said nice things about Axl as well so yeah maybe no reason to hate each other. Maybe they dont want to work together that much though.

Maybe some of you took Axl's words against Slash too seriously.

Maybe some of you took Axl's words against Slash too seriously.

He's an emotional guy who often come with harsh outbursts, and we know he can make up and be friends again later (just think of his relationship with Izzy and Duff). With Slash I feel it is a bit more complicated. Axl wants control of GN'R, Slash is a threat to that. Axl wants progression (I hope!), Slash may be a threat to that, too. So although I wouldn't be surprised if they became friends again some time in the future (it would be nice), I highly doubt they will ever do anything artistic again, except for maybe a few isolated shows. And I think that is way down in the future.