Do you think Axl is saving his voice?

Axl hasn't had a good and consistent vocal performance since 2010. He sounds like utter shit. Even Duff jumped the 'he sounds great - better than eva' bandwagon once :facepalm:

If Axl sings with a clean high voice, he sounds like shit. That's why CD is so bad and his best years since his comeback were 06-07 and 09-10.

Is he saving his voice for a reunion? :lol: What, you mean purposely singing shit for the last 5 years as part of an on-going masterplan? :lol: Well done genius, thats exactly it! :lol: Saving it for a reunion that, to date, no ones made any mention of except forum stalkers? Riiiiiiiiiiight :lol:

I think the OP meant saving the voice now, during the hiatus. And it could be either for touring CD II, or for a reunion. Or probably nothing at all. Probably he isn't saving shit. Still, you should read more carefully

Axl proved the world at the last Vegas residency show that whenever he wants h's still got dat rasp. So no reason to why he wouldn't want to give his best at a reunion tour shows with Slash.

That's not a big deal compared to his 2010 voice

On a potential reunion, this 2014 Vegas voice is still not enough to call it a good performance

It's maybe enough for NUGNR fans, though

Edited by Strange Broue

Axl proved the world at the last Vegas residency show that whenever he wants h's still got dat rasp. So no reason to why he wouldn't want to give his best at a reunion tour shows with Slash.

On a potential reunion, this 2014 Vegas voice is still not enough to call it a good performance

yeah that wasn't very good at all (Axl or the guitar)... I have been watching some NuGNR videos lately to try and picture what a reunion would sound like and I gotta say Axl sounded pretty damn good in a lot of the 2010 footage I have watched. Like real good.. I wonder what happened after that and if it can be fixed?

yeah that wasn't very good at all (Axl or the guitar)... I have been watching some NuGNR videos lately to try and picture what a reunion would sound like and I gotta say Axl sounded pretty damn good in a lot of the 2010 footage I have watched. Like real good.. I wonder what happened after that and if it can be fixed?

What about this performance at the same show...still not good enough....? :blink:

• Like 1

His stage performance was shockingly bad during the residency. I didn't notice until I saw a video of jungle last week. I guess I ignored it l but he wasn't moving too well. I mean he's in his 50's but he's not recovering from bad knees. He can still perform but the guy is way out of shape.

What about this performance at the same show...still not good enough....? :blink:

Not sure... The music alone was like fingernails down a chalkboard.

Axl hasn't had a good and consistent vocal performance since 2010. He sounds like utter shit. Even Duff jumped the 'he sounds great - better than eva' bandwagon once :facepalm:

If Axl sings with a clean high voice, he sounds like shit. That's why CD is so bad and his best years since his comeback were 06-07 and 09-10.

Even though I enjoy a good raspless performance (2002 or 2014), it's true. It just doesn't sound like Axl. On 06-07 and 09-10 he truly was one of the best performers in the world imo. Since then it almost seems like a different person on stage

its funny when you say "CD is so bad" cuz it sounds like you're stating a fact :lol:

To be fair, Axl did sound incredible the first two or three times he sang with Duff again.