Scott Weiland says GNR will reunite

Haven't posted in a long time, but have been checking the board every day for news for a possible reunion. Anyway, wanted to point out that one thing that is certain (if a reunion is in the works) is that there are mountains of legal issues to sort through. Axl owns the rights to the name, but if original members come back into the fold, will they want to get a cut of the name? Would Axl "let them back in"? I seriously doubt any original member would sign the type of independent contractor agreements that the new guys were made to sign. There could be long, painstaking negotiations taking place as we speak, which could completely undermine the entire reunion. Axl and Slash have sued each other before. In any event, during negotiations there would be extremely prohibitive confidentiality agreements in place, so that could be why we're not hearing a single word. Any breach of confidentiality during a time of (potentially fragile) negotiations could wreck the entire thing.

You guys keep looking for proof of a reunion taking place, isn't it enough that we have not heard a word from Axl, TB or anyone in his camp since Slash said they had talked?

Amidst all the speculation and rumors over the last 2-3 months isn't it odd that nobody inside GNR will talk. Nobody possibly involved in a reunion will talk, it's crazy. It would be so easy to end the speculation but instead this is exactly what they want. They are building the possibility up so when it's announced there already be a build up that's ready to explode. People will go nuts.

They know what they are doing, we don't need anyone to confirm a reunion.

Slash never said they talked.

He said they patched things up though. Or something like that. Axl's camp never denied that

You guys keep looking for proof of a reunion taking place, isn't it enough that we have not heard a word from Axl, TB or anyone in his camp since Slash said they had talked?

Amidst all the speculation and rumors over the last 2-3 months isn't it odd that nobody inside GNR will talk. Nobody possibly involved in a reunion will talk, it's crazy. It would be so easy to end the speculation but instead this is exactly what they want. They are building the possibility up so when it's announced there already be a build up that's ready to explode. People will go nuts.

Agreed

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

@free bird,

I don't disagree with you. I could honestly careless about the top hat and bandana. But again, to 90% of the population that's what gnr is supposed to look like.

which is kinda silly. Do people still want Madonna to walk around in her underwear and cruxifixes? People evolve as they get older. When i saw the David Bowie exhibit at the MOCA last year he reinvented his look many times over.

Most people aren't concerned with Axl's look having evolved so much as it having devolved.

I still think he's hot. And there were alot of beautiful women at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas who felt the exact same way.

But isn't that because of how rich he is and because of his iconic role as a singer?

If Bill Bailey was at the Hard Rock hotel attending a Plumber's Convention, and he was making $40,000 a year, weighed in at 200 pounds with a stomach sticking out, balding, with a biker mustache.....do you really think that 25 year old hot chicks would be going ga-ga over him?

@free bird,

I don't disagree with you. I could honestly careless about the top hat and bandana. But again, to 90% of the population that's what gnr is supposed to look like.

which is kinda silly. Do people still want Madonna to walk around in her underwear and cruxifixes? People evolve as they get older. When i saw the David Bowie exhibit at the MOCA last year he reinvented his look many times over.

Most people aren't concerned with Axl's look having evolved so much as it having devolved.

I still think he's hot. And there were alot of beautiful women at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas who felt the exact same way.

But isn't that because of how rich he is and because of his iconic role as a singer?

If Bill Bailey was at the Hard Rock hotel attending a Plumber's Convention, and he was making $40,000 a year, weighed in at 200 pounds with a stomach sticking out, balding, with a biker mustache.....do you really think that 25 year old hot chicks would be going ga-ga over him?

Not a snowballs chance in hell :lol: she knows it, you know it, I know it. Bill Bailey the balding, thick set plumber would be in a lap dancing bar off the main strip at 11pm sticking sweaty notes into some poor slags knickers.

@free bird,

Not a snowballs chance in hell :lol: she knows it, you know it, I know it. Bill Bailey the balding, thick set plumber would be in a lap dancing bar off the main strip at 11pm sticking sweaty notes into some poor slags knickers.

You never know. Nice regular guys with a good sense of humour can get girls too. Most of the rich guys I have dated are total assholes. And looks wise I think Axl still has it!

@free bird,

You never know. Nice regular guys with a good sense of humour can get girls too. Most of the rich guys I have dated are total assholes. And looks wise I think Axl still has it!

You said it! Axl is a ''rich guy'' and a ''total asshole''.

@free bird,

No I didn't. i have never dated Axl.

Edited by Little EMO Annie

@free bird,

I assumed by your connecting of ''rich guys'' with ''total assholes'' that you were establishing some sort of connection, concerning which W. Axl Rose would be a fitting example.

@free bird,

I assumed by your connecting of ''rich guys'' with ''total assholes'' that you were establishing some sort of connection, concerning which W. Axl Rose would be a fitting example.

No I wastalking about brain surgeons and stockbrokers. My point was that if Axl were a regular guy he could probably still attract the ladies. Sorry about the confusion.

Edited by Little EMO Annie

Not according to Izzy,

In high school, you know, Axl, he had long, red hair, he was a little guy and he got a lot of shit [because of it]. I think he never got laid, too, in school. I hate to bring this up cos this is getting nasty...But he never got no pussy at school.

Slash never said they talked.

THIS.

THIS. IS THE SHIT.

I mean, Scott's account of Perla seems entirely consistent with everything else written or discussed about her. I doubt it's any coincidence Axl and Slash patched things up after Slash and Perla separated. It's been fairly well documented how much of a pull Perla had on his career (once being his manager if I recall). Sure this isn't rolling stone, but what Scott is saying is entirely plausible and consistent with past and present knowledge.

Scott said it. It must be true.

Can he tie his own shoelaces yet?

Love Scott but really.. he's this desperate for any publicity?

This desperate? At least Scott was in a band with Slash, Duff and Matt for years. Unlike the people like the dude from slipknot or eagles of death metal or fred durst who barely have a connection to anything GNR related.

Not according to Izzy,

In high school, you know, Axl, he had long, red hair, he was a little guy and he got a lot of shit [because of it]. I think he never got laid, too, in school. I hate to bring this up cos this is getting nasty...But he never got no pussy at school.

To be fair with that, Axl was also from an uber-religious household where sex and sexuality were considered off-limits. Under those circumstances his social interactions with girls might not have been the easiest. I've got a few friends from really religious backgrounds and one of them actually needed counseling to finally overcome the hangups that his religion had given him, because he'd been told that everything from flirting to masturbating was bad.

And honestly, there are plenty of people who don't have sex in high school but totally get it on in college. Not getting laid in high school isn't really an indicator of anything. Some folks are later bloomers than others.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

No I wastalking about brain surgeons and stockbrokers. My point was that if Axl were a regular guy he could probably still attract the ladies. Sorry about the confusion.

I think that's true. Money, celebrity and status will always attract attention; so will good looks. However, plenty of folks who have none of that do well when they play the field and find good partners, obviously. And I think we all have met someone at one point or another who isn't conventionally attractive but is still a magnet for romantic attention, because of the way they carry themselves, their charisma or some other personal quality that draws people in.

Edited by stella

He is desperate of publicity because he answered a question in an interview?

No because he has absolutely no insight into what is going on. So why not just say that?

This desperate? At least Scott was in a band with Slash, Duff and Matt for years. Unlike the people like the dude from slipknot or eagles of death metal or fred durst who barely have a connection to anything GNR related.

Scott may well have been "in" a band but due to the accounts of many he was largely absent. Never around and even travelled on a different tourbus from the other guys. He doesn't know anything. He's attention seeking and jumping on the GNR bandwagon like so many others right now.

No one knows except the people involved and they are not about to announce anything to anyone until it's final